Options

Lloyd struggles to speak

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
Forum Member
I've noticed over the last few weeks that whenever Dermot or Holly speak to Lloyd he seems to struggle to respond. I know he's young but he never seems to have anything to say for himself, he comes across as a bit dull really.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Yes, I think that too. Devoid of personality and usually answers the question with "dunno........" He is young, but even so..............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, give over! The kid's only 16.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote: »

John and Edward aren't that much older, or Joe, or Stacey. Lloyds just a bit thick, that's all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    He seems lovely and humble (which is good, considering his lack of talent as a performer). "Dunno" is better than a string of dull cliches that many of the others reel off on demand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is very shy.....

He mum said he was highly introverted till he 15...
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that I would be suprised about that from a kid of 16. He is very young to be having this experience and living away from home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, he is just shy. I can relate to that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    John and Edward aren't that much older, or Joe, or Stacey. Lloyds just a bit thick, that's all.

'Thick'? Ehhh? That's unfair. Some people are just shy, that's all.
  • Options
    dbx125dbx125 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

FFS...is that Lloyd supporters response to everything??
    He cant sing: "The Kid's only 16"

Hes got no personality: "The kids only 16".

IM SORRY...but eventually he has to be judged like an adult and cant rely on that ol chestnut of being "only 16"!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

Do you know that or are you basing that just on him not having much to say for himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    dbx125 wrote: »

IM SORRY...but eventually he has to be judged like an adult and cant rely on that ol chestnut of being "only 16"!!!!!

He'll be judged like an adult ... when he becomes one?

Maybe Lloyd's not the one who's "a bit thick". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I know kids of 16 and less with more personality in their little fingers than Lloyd appears to have in his whole body. He also cannot sing. I feel a bit sorry for him as I suspect if he does win, he will be dropped quicker than a hot potato.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ thinking Lloyd is thicker than Jedward... :p

He just looks a bit depressed and upset. That's pretty natural.

He's clearly not a guy with a massive amount of confidence or ego in the first place. And what he did have has obviously taken a knock.

Being shy doesn't mean you're thick, you know...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hardly a supporter.....you got that wrong. :)

I think the kid's got some potential, but I'm hardly a supporter. Just making a comment where I feel people are unfair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »

He's clearly not a guy with a massive amount of confidence or ego in the first place. Being shy doesn't mean you're thick, you know...

Very true....!!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's clearly in the wrong business

Should be a male model... I am thinking Zoolander here.... looks but nowt else..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moldiwarp wrote: »
    I know kids of 16 and less with more personality in their little fingers than Lloyd appears to have in his whole body. He also cannot sing. I feel a bit sorry for him as I suspect if he does win, he will be dropped quicker than a hot potato.

Do you?

I would hope then, that they are able to get up on a stage in front of UK millions every week and do what Lloyd does. Be interesting to see whether the same people keep their charismatic cool in Lloyd's shoes.
  • Options
    dbx125dbx125 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aleksis wrote: »
    He'll be judged like an adult ... when he becomes one?

Maybe Lloyd's not the one who's "a bit thick". :rolleyes:

No! What i mean is that when you enter these bloody competitions you enter to be judged and interviewed. He shouldnt be given an advantage and given good comments or whatever just cause hes a kid and that would be "harsh". He should not have any sort of advantage over everybody else cause of age. Funny how hes perfectly fine in all the VT's...but when it comes to live interviews with Holly and a question comes up about the fact that he isnt a good singer...he dodges it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you?

I would hope then, that they are able to get up on a stage in front of UK millions every week and do what Lloyd does. Be interesting to see whether the same people keep their charismatic cool in Lloyd's shoes.

It is not difficult to stand up in front of millions of people and sing flat. It is difficult to stand up in front of millions of people and sing well.
  • Options
    TheJ693TheJ693 Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he is been broadcasted all over the world, just because Jedward can do it, doesn't mean he can. I don't think he's thick at all, just shy and kinda nervous, incase he says the wrong things.
  • Options
    Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »

He's clearly not a guy with a massive amount of confidence or ego in the first place. And what he did have has obviously taken a knock.

Being shy doesn't mean you're thick, you know...

Agreed... except for the Jedward part, what are you trying to say about my lovely twins? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! What i mean is that when you enter these bloody competitions you enter to be judged and interviewed.

Why do you think that he didn't expect to be.
    He shouldnt be given an advantage and given good comments or whatever just cause hes a kid and that would be "harsh".

Agreed but why should we expect him to be a good interviewer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not difficult to stand up in front of millions of people and sing flat. It is difficult to stand up in front of millions of people and sing well.

???? I would think it would be much easier to do if you were good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite agree, I'd be brilliant at singing flat in front of millions, myself. :)

However.....this was your original post, to which I responded. It was about personality. It's quite a challenge, is it not, to get up there, at 16 and sing well and get over personality and perform etc.?

Just making the point that the 16s and under that you know may (or may not) be able to do what Lloyd does. Just 'cos you know them, doesn't mean they can cut the basic mustard. That's all.
  • Options
    Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheJ693 wrote: »
    Well he is been broadcasted all over the world, just because Jedward can do it, doesn't mean he can. I don't think he's thick at all, just shy and kinda nervous, incase he says the wrong things.

True. John and Edward have a lot of confidence. You can just tell straight away from the way they talk to the camera, do interviews, go out there and perform each week. They don't hold back so it's not fair for people to make that comparison because everyone handles situations differently. How much confidence you have tremendously affects how you cope under pressure.

Lloyd isn't getting his personality across because he's not confident enough. It's not that he doesn't have one.