help quick - paypal payment has seemingly gone through

angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
Forum Member
✭✭
I bought a pair of trainers the other week or so, used paypal to pay first but the payment didnt go through at the time so I assumed the payment wasnt working with paypal so paid with my card.

Now the payment seems to have gone through and I have negative balance on paypal !!!
Who do I contact? as I cannot just cancel the payment it seems even tho it still says 'in progress' it doesnt seem likely the company would take the money twice but if they already have, where could they have from as paypal had no money in it?? it links to the bank if there's no money, surely they didnt take the money twice from the bank?? id be overdrawn with the bank and cant be as dont have an overdraft?? the payment just wouldnt be accepted if it was the bank surely, as i dont have that money in my bank right now, just a few quid.

I just want the money back, it was quite a lot! Paypal is confusing though so maybe nothing has gone out at all. It shouldn't be showing as minus though >:(

Comments

• postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Did you put money into Paypal? If I buy anything and pay with Paypal they just take the money from my designated bank.

Unless I've sold something my Paypal account always shows a zero.
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Write to the trainers company and ask them to refund one of the payments.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I paid for something directly through paypal and it said that if i had no money in my paypal account it sould take it directly from my bank account.

I presume thats the same for everyone? I think all you can do is contact the company and ask for a refund on one of the payments.

Presumably if youve paid twice the worst outcome is they will send you two items so you could return one for a refund.
  • angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not pay twice for anything or recieve 2 items. The paypal payment didn't go through and all I can assume is that they're wanting me to pay them the money so they can pay it? but I don't want them anymore I got a pair with card payment? And with a negative balance they will clearly just take the money from me like it is some kind of overdraft which its not.
    Thing is, they have no right to be asking me to pay them anything

They still are and I'm getting urgent emails to pay them, I'm really concerned, they'll take action on me if I don't pay them it (will). The cheek. I owe them nothing, paypal doesn't allow negative balance yet it has made a nice exception for me?

I'm going to the bank with the prob as i need some help to phone them, I'll be reminding them that when they do sort this out I'll be deleting my account. I can't use paypal after this, there's no way int he world I can owe them a penny, they paid nothing for me. No payment was made by them. It was cancelled or refused or something but it def wasn't accepted.

As you can tell, I'm not happy and I'm not up for phoning paypal myself, as they probably won't understand the problem (i fear) and make me pay them the money. Why should I pay them anything? oh just pay the money to us and we'll eat it up and everything will be fine!! Paypal know that payment didn't go through as it was stopped by bank.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angelbabyx wrote: »
    I did not pay twice for anything or recieve 2 items. The paypal payment didn't go through and all I can assume is that they're wanting me to pay them the money so they can pay it? but I don't want them anymore I got a pair with card payment? And with a negative balance they will clearly just take the money from me like it is some kind of overdraft which its not.
    Thing is, they have no right to be asking me to pay them anything

They still are and I'm getting urgent emails to pay them, I'm really concerned, they'll take action on me if I don't pay them it (will). The cheek. I owe them nothing, paypal doesn't allow negative balance yet it has made a nice exception for me?

I'm going to the bank with the prob as i need some help to phone them, I'll be reminding them that when they do sort this out I'll be deleting my account. I can't use paypal after this, there's no way int he world I can owe them a penny, they paid nothing for me. No payment was made by them. It was cancelled or refused or something but it def wasn't accepted.

As you can tell, I'm not happy and I'm not up for phoning paypal myself, as they probably won't understand the problem (i fear) and make me pay them the money. Why should I pay them anything? oh just pay the money to us and we'll eat it up and everything will be fine!! Paypal know that payment didn't go through as it was stopped by bank.

Maybe you should call them and find out the actual reason that the account is in minus.
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    Your only option is to call the company.

Phoning your bank won't help as they have nothing to do with PayPal.