Hudl 1 v Hudl 2

petequespeteques Posts: 508
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been already aired but Ive got a Hudl 1 and very happy with it. However the Hudl 2 has come down in price and wondered if ppl think its worth upgrading to Hudl 2. Any thoughts pls? Thx Pete

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    I have a Hudl 1 and it does everything I need it to so I will not bother changing it. I use it almost exclusively for watching TV (mainly iPlayer and BT Sport) and radio listening while not at home. Similarly you need to look at what you use yours for and decide if the new model can do a better job that is worth the cost of the change.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't need to upgrade, wait for the Hudl 3.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    If you don't need to upgrade, wait for the Hudl 3.

When is this due?
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    When is this due?

They seem to update it about once a year, looking at when hull 2 came out I would guess September to November.
    Forum Member
    A bit of a stretch to infer that from a single model upgrade? There is no sniff of another model at the moment. If you want a cheap tablet now then get a Hudl2 if it meets your current and anticipated needs.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    If you want a cheap tablet now then get a Hudl2 if it meets your current and anticipated needs.
    The original Hudl meets the OPs needs. That was my point.
    Forum Member
    That was originally my point. I was commenting on the anticipated arrival of a new model based on scant evidence.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peteques wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been already aired but Ive got a Hudl 1 and very happy with it. However the Hudl 2 has come down in price and wondered if ppl think its worth upgrading to Hudl 2. Any thoughts pls? Thx Pete

The Huldl 2 is a different beats to be honest. It knocks the Hudl 1 oto bits and other tablets. The only bad thing it is Intel; powered..
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    The Huldl 2 is a different beats to be honest. It knocks the Hudl 1 oto bits and other tablets. The only bad thing it is Intel; powered..

So your saying its a great tablet but its bad because intel are giving the great performance :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    So your saying its a great tablet but its bad because intel are giving the great performance :confused:

I do not buy Intel. I am pretty sure there are processors out there that is as good, Just intel flexing their muscles again.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not buy Intel. I am pretty sure there are processors out there that is as good, Just intel flexing their muscles again.

Its a better tablet but you won't buy it out of spite :confused:
  • swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the current state of Tesco I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Hudl 3. I would expect they would be concentating on their core business.
    Forum Member
    I do not buy Intel
    I do not buy Sony. But that is not because I don't think they make good equipment but for their past ethical practises. What reasons do you have for not buying Intel?
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I picked up a refurbished Hudl 2 yesterday for £79.00.
    It arrived in as new mint condition. For this price an absolute bargain.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl2-blue-refurbished/162-5477.prd?action=acknowledgement
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Its a better tablet but you won't buy it out of spite :confused:

I do not need to buy it, I got a Nexus 7 myself, which I use once in a blue moon. But no, I would not buy the hudl 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    I do not buy Sony. But that is not because I don't think they make good equipment but for their past ethical practises. What reasons do you have for not buying Intel?

Because of the way they went about business and trying to knock out other CPU manufactures, like AMD, by cheating.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Because of the way they went about business and trying to knock out other CPU manufactures, like AMD, by cheating.

You've just described business in one sentence. Do AMD have you on their Christmas card list, do they send you gifts etc. If not then I wouldn't lose to much sleep over these sorts of things.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    swb1964 wrote: »
    Given the current state of Tesco I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Hudl 3. I would expect they would be concentating on their core business.

Absolutely correct. I have already read somewhere (can't remember the article now) that the new CEO would have been unlikely to sanction a Hudl2 so a 3 does not look like being a reality any time soon.

Tesco will be concentrating on their core business from now on. Tablets were simply an expensive distraction.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they were also part of the clubcard marketing.
    I'd say they halved the points system to specifically have stuff like this as 'free double points' buys.

I'd say that a Hudl 3 will depend on the relationship with the manufacturers. Also, Hudl 3 might even be Intel and Windows.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And thinking about it, the Hudl has enough UK presence to sell independent of Tesco.
    That Hudl name has a value.
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't own a Hudl and have only played with one in my local Tesco.

But I read a recent report stating there has been some serious issues with the Hudl 1 but Tesco have a repair/replace option even for those Hudl 1 now out of Warranty.

Just a heads up, thought it worth mentioning.
  • innes_calaninnes_calan Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    ssr wrote: »
    I picked up a refurbished Hudl 2 yesterday for £79.00.
    It arrived in as new mint condition. For this price an absolute bargain.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl2-blue-refurbished/162-5477.prd?action=acknowledgement

Got the Hudl2 for the wife @ christmas and with all the vouchers brand new £70!
  • Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missus upgraded from a 1 to a 2 - the performance increase and screen size was a definite bonus BUT the weight is the reason it is going on ebay soon :(