Peter Barlow - Survives or dies?

FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Mods - can we have a poll please?

Simple question: a lot of debate surrounding Peter Barlow tonight, so do you think he'll survive or he'll die?

My vote would go to survive.

Peter Barlow - Survives or dies? 109 votes

Survives
87% 95 votes
Dies
12% 14 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to remain positive and say survive to :)
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has to die.

We were promised 4 funerals. That's getting tricky if we only have two deaths so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say die.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    This is a rubbish answer, but I have no idea! I really hope that it's a bluff and that they manage to revive him. I don't know who the fourth death would be though.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    He has to die.

We were promised 4 funerals. That's getting tricky if we only have two deaths so far.

Well Charlotte will inevitably be the third which only leaves one more... but I don't think it will be Peter.

I think tonight was a total red herring and it will be someone else - so I vote survives.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He needs to live - I have a bet on it in work!:D
  • jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really hope its peter who dies, i hate him!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Survives. Though I did get a bit nervous during tonight's ep, the ending has reassured me he'll make it through.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Survive - please :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,856
    Forum Member
    Hope he survives
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I rhink survives - but who are the other 2......

could it be Rita or baby Hope???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Well Charlotte will inevitably be the third which only leaves one more... but I don't think it will be Peter.

I think tonight was a total red herring and it will be someone else - so I vote survives.

But you can't have the twist of "Charlotte's alive!" and then kill her off the next episode. If she dies, I think it'll be a smothering in the hospital, in a few weeks time.

They could kill Rita and Sunita in a double whammy. Only other option as I see it.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Survives.

Didn't you hear what he said on uncovered, its the start of new storylines not the end.
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    He has to die.

He will Live

4 funerals = Ash, Molly, Charlotte (when John turns off life support) and Kieran (or maybe Deirdre)
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll survive
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Survives.
    i think there'll be a shock death (ciaran perhaps?) and that john turns off charlottes life support in hospital
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if John will also finish off Mrs Fishwick if she comes back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One last obvious option is Kieran dying rescuing Rita.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Survives.

And I think people are taking the 4 funerals part of the tagline too literally. It could just be 4 deaths - okay if dead car guy is one of them that would be a huge cop out, but it doesn't need to mean that we will SEE 4 funerals on our screens.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Peter did die then it opens up custody issues about Curly Simon, we might get the evil grandparents back on the scene
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I think it's obvious he will live - quick wedding vows, machine suddenly flatlines and so on, he will be brought back by the Doctors.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling Dev will die. Everyone thinks Sunita is in danger, but I wonder if she wakes up in the hospital bed to find Dev dead in the seat by her...

Unless two fathers on the same street, leaving two mothers with children is a bit much?

I don't think Rita will die.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Survive.

He hasn't found out about Leanne and Nick. They would be missing a trick.

He will pull through and it will all come out.

Also if he was going to die surely it would be far more dramatic to do it live... like Bradley in EE
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please let Peter survive.
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SURVIVES - please let peter live corrie :'(
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    This is a rubbish answer, but I have no idea! I really hope that it's a bluff and that they manage to revive him. I don't know who the fourth death would be though.

I didn't think about a 'don't know' option. :D
    Survives.

Didn't you hear what he said on uncovered, its the start of new storylines not the end.

Just to play Devils Advocate...
    He could mean in terms of Tracey's return because of his death and a custody battle for Simon between Lucy's parents and the Barlows/Leanne.