Options

|.:.| The Union J Appreciation Thread |.:.| (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Loving the pictures, didn't realise George was there as well
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, that's why I'd rather the fragrance came out first instead. I don't know what I'd do with the dolls...apart from make them have sex. LOL.

LOL! I want to make Jaymi and JJ kiss! :)

Is the fragrance unisex?

It's a bit strange that George has gone on holiday with Jaymi and Olly on their "romantic break", wonder why the other two didn't go as well?

Hopefully we will hear something about the second album soon, I get the impression the first album is over now. Shame Loving You Is Easy didn't smash, I still love it!
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,552
    Forum Member

It's a bit strange that George has gone on holiday with Jaymi and Olly on their "romantic break", wonder why the other two didn't go as well?

Josh is out there now too... along with his girlfriend :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh is out there now too... along with his girlfriend :)

Has Josh got an official girlfriend now? That just leaves George single, I am happy to volunteer my services lol :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dolls are probably still a no for me. I'd have nowhere to keep them and I could do all of that on The Sims.

Loving the pictures, especially the one of Josh getting off the jet ski. I think JJ has gone somewhere else with his girlfriend and baby.

We don't know anything about the fragrance except it should be coming out this year. If it is for women it's not gonna stop me from buying and wearing it lol. It would be good if it came out around the same time as the album so they can cross promote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the shirtless pictures of George on holiday! Don't know why he was so shy about taking his top off, he's got a lovely body. Does anyone know if George has a girlfriend? Apparently as well as Olly and Chess there is a girl called Ashley on holiday with them and I wondered if she was George's girlfriend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still want the Jaymi cardboard cut out (just dont have anywhere to put it :confused:).

Don't know why the tour programme has dropped in price so much, its now £6 less than what I paid on the night.

Can't wait to hear what they're doing in the studio, they definitely need somthing better than their first album.

:kitty: :kitty: :kitty:
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haent posted here in a while and thought i would :)

today was a turn up for the books! I got a twitter follow from the bands twitter account!
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Union J covering Touch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaL0DSNDdlI

Can we send these boys for eurovision?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Union J covering Touch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaL0DSNDdlI

Can we send these boys for eurovision?

I loving this song, don't really know the original that well.

Hope it's not too long for the second album and a few singles. I really hope they've learnt their lesson and won't be doing radio airplay 6 weeks before the single is out. It doesn't help their chart position at all, people are bored of the song by the time they can buy it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first play of Union J's new single Tonight (We Live Forever) is on Capital at 8am tomorrow!

I love the title and really hope it's good. I also hope we can revive this thread now something is actually happening again, I've missed my Union J fix in here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just heard Tonight (We Live Forever). Think It's a definite improvement on there previous singles. Still quite repetitive though. Just hope they release it in a weeks time so people will buy it before there bored of it. Knowing UJ though they release it in 6 weeks time when everyone's forgotten about it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen that the expected release date is 17th august! That's 8 and a half weeks away! Who is going to wait that long to download a single?! Don't think they've learnt anything over the past year. It's on-air today, they'll be getting massive promotion at the summertime ball this weekend, surely it should be released on Sunday???
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    i think it's a good song! much better then previous material imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela9322 wrote: »
    Just seen that the expected release date is 17th august! That's 8 and a half weeks away! Who is going to wait that long to download a single?! Don't think they've learnt anything over the past year. It's on-air today, they'll be getting massive promotion at the summertime ball this weekend, surely it should be released on Sunday???

17th August?! You're joking...

Seems they haven't learned a thing from Carry You last year, this is an even longer wait.

On a positive note I really like it and think this could do well for them. It's anthemic and summery in an Avicii/Swedish House Mafia way and I hope we get a good club remix of it.

Love that JJ got a solo!

Here is the lyric video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5AiPtytxec
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What went wrong with Carry You is that they hardly promoted it the week it was actually out. Early promotion is ok, it gives people a chance to hear it before it's out. August though? I can see why people would be worried, especially after Carry You, but if they promoted it more, especially the week it's out, it should do really well.

I'm in college ATM and videos don't work on the wifi so I'll have to wait till I get home before I hear it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in college ATM and videos don't work on the wifi so I'll have to wait till I get home before I hear it.

I hope you like it! Opinion is quite mixed over on Popjustice unfortunately. The lyric video is cute.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I like them a lot, they left far,far too early in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them a lot, they left far,far too early in my humble opinion.

Do you mean on X Factor? They came fourth which is good for a boyband. I was rooting for them to win of course!

I really like them and hope they do well with this.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,552
    Forum Member
    The release date is a little bit laughable; but the fact its top 40 on itunes singles as a pre-order already is good.

I think Carry You/ Beautiful Life weren't help by the fact there was a separate charting EP as well.

The song is stronger, however I think they've missed the boat. They were eclipsed by 1D when they first come out and now I think really The Vamps and 5SOS will be overshadowing them now.

I don't think UJ as a whole have timed anything well, which is a shame. I think this will do moderately well and really the single is a bit make or break for them
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what the producers/writers want but it's still aimed at fans way to young. Even The Vamps sound more mature lol. I really like them since TXF but I don't think they were given a single good song to sing so far.

They are very good in both Touch and Pompeii but they can't do better with what they are given as original songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to dampen the mood, but I've only just found out that Josh's cat Oreo has died. Poor Josh must have been devastated, from his tweets and the twitter account he made for him, he sounded like a lovely cat.

RIP Oreo. :(
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never posted in this thread before but thought I'd come in and give my view. Union J have so, so much potential it's unreal. Their first album was very good for a debut album and in terms of the market they were going for, it captured them very well. The problem is though that I think they are actually better than the songs they are being given/releasing. I think that their management seem too obsessed with trying to make them another One Direction. We already have One Direction and a number of other young boy bands aimed at the teeny market. What Union J have that the others don't though is that they can sing well and carry off lots of different types of songs (particularly Jaymi and Josh). They have so much going for them and their promo has always been on point. They have a good team behind them, it's just the music that's letting them down. I was expecting that their new single would be a bit more mature...it should have shown some progression. When they were on X Factor they were able to belt out a wide range of different songs...even goign as far as doing Coldplay, Leona Lewis, James Morrison, Beyonce. They can actually sing and there were never any huge backing tracks drowning out their vocals as they weren't needed. I hope this new song does well for them as I want them to continue. At first I thought that heir strategy of premiering the song so far before the release date was a bad move, but I actually think they've done the right thing. The song is out there now and it will hopefully build up a following/interest in the coming weeks. As long as they don't start promo for it until much nearer to the release date then it shouldn;t peak early and will hopefully go top 5. I hope the song isn't reflective of the album sound though. They should really be going for a slightly more mature sound. They have got it all, it's just the music is the main issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have got it all, it's just the music is the main issue.

Sadly I have to agree with you. I love Union J in a way I've never loved a boyband before but they are better than the material they are being given. It seems like they aren't really a priority and hopefully their change to their new label will help with this. Unfortunately after the excitement of hearing new material from them after so long I have only watched the lyric video for Tonight (We Live Forever) twice and I can't even remember how it goes. It's not the song they really needed at this stage and I can't help but feel it's make or break for them. I will still be buying it to support them and I hope they can at last go Top 5 :)