Body Shop or Lush?

PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
Which is the better and why?:)

Comments

• Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    You can smell a Lush shop from about a mile away, Body Shop doesn't seem to have the same effect. So based on smelliness i'd say Lush! Plus Lush always appears more natural [no idea if it is or isn't] but all it seems to sell is the big chunks of soap and the gift packages whereas Body Shop have bottled lotions etc.
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poundland
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that I know is that this, Lush's Sympathy for the Skin, is absolutely great for my eczema.
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lush please! sadly i can't really afford to buy them for every day like i'd like :D
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as Lush seem to pump something akin to a mixture of CS and Mustard gas into the immediate vicinity around their establishments - causing me to run past as fast as I can whilst holding my breath - I haven't actually been inside.

So I'd have to say the Body Shop.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Body Shop. It doesn't stink.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The smell at Lush is too overwhelming, so I actually avoid going in. I've never encountered a shop that's too smelly before :eek: So, if I I have to compare, it's Body Shop for me :)
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been able to cross the threshold of a Lush store because of my fear of imminent asphyxiation. Body Shop by default.
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Well, as Lush seem to pump something akin to a mixture of CS and Mustard gas into the immediate vicinity around their establishements - causing me to run past as fast as I can whilst holding my breath - I haven't actually been inside.

So I'd have to say the Body Shop.

This. Just standing outside Lush gives me a headache.
  • Options
    PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    i would say lush are more creative but also more expensive
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like both but Lush is a bit too strong smelling and Body Shop workers pounce on you as soon as you enter their shops so I use Body Shop's website and get it all delivered

The trouble is I get suckered in by their offers and end up spending loads but I always use it all especially the aloe vera skincare range and the new Rainforest hair products :)
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purely for ethical reasons Lush it is still independant, Body Shop is now owned by Loriel, Anita Rodick must be spinning in her grave
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    This. Just standing outside Lush gives me a headache.

Ditto.

I go to body shop for their hemp products. :)
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molton Brown.
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    [...]

The trouble is I get suckered in by their offers and end up spending loads but I always use it all especially the aloe vera skincare range and the new Rainforest hair products :)

You could just get a big tube of Aloe Vera gel from Holland and Barrett and save yourself some dosh. It's brilliant stuff and lasts for ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I am literally in love with Lush. I am currently using their 'dream cream' moisturiser which is really helping my skin whilst I'm on Roaccutane for my acne. I also use their 'happy hippy' shower gel, and I have a 'butterball' bath bomb waiting to be used on my next day off work :)

I do like the bodyshop though!
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KBBJ wrote: »
    You could just get a big tube of Aloe Vera gel from Holland and Barrett and save yourself some dosh. It's brilliant stuff and lasts for ever.

I should considering I work there :o

I do use it though and it is brilliant stuff :D
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lush :)
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lush

yay for happy hippy
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Molton Brown.

Now you're talking.:)

Though Thai Vert is a bit eye watering.
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Body Shop. Lush stuff stinks to high heaven, can't stand the stuff.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like both.

So who's buying a present for me?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    I like both but Lush is a bit too strong smelling and Body Shop workers pounce on you as soon as you enter their shops so I use Body Shop's website and get it all delivered

This really pi$$es me off, thats why i dont go in there any more, you cant browse in peace cos they follow you around.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This really pi$$es me off, thats why i dont go in there any more, you cant browse in peace cos they follow you around.

Our ones are too busy dusting the stuff down to take any notice of customers (or is it just me?)

I only go to Bodyshop for 1 thing, strawberry body cream.
  • Options
    willow32willow32 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Body shop for the body butters and the Passion Fruit Cleansing Gel.

Lush for the bath ballistics and the you snap the whip body butter.

And Molton Brown for this http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/Molton-Brown-Global-Shower-Gel-Set-10x50ml-PRODMOGK63/

I get them delivered that way I'm not pounced on in the Body Shop, overwhelmed by the smell in Lush. I've not been in Molton Brown (the pictures online of them, looks posh). :o