Options

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look closely at the bottom of the remote, it says "Wii Motion Plus" inside. I don't think they produce standard Wii Remotes anymore. You don't need to buy Wii Motion Plus seperatley, it is included in the remote. This will be my first Wii Remote Plus, so excited!! :D Hoping to get a red one for Mario as well.
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Large pic of the Gold Wiimote here.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/i_304821.jpg

Look at the curved text on the bottom.

Oh, and a Red Wiimote plus comes bundled with Wii Play Motion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Amazon sell Red Wii Remote Plus's and Nunchucks seperatley. If I'm mistaken, I'll just get one off E-Bay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    MD1500 wrote: »
    Large pic of the Gold Wiimote here.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/i_304821.jpg

Look at the curved text on the bottom.

Oh, and a Red Wiimote plus comes bundled with Wii Play Motion.

think its pretty stunning if I'm honest and almost want it as much as the game itself!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I might replace the white amaray with a gold one to commemorate the signifcance of the 25th anniversery :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New footage of a different temple has been released!

If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read the following box.
    Here is Eldin Volcano. If this is anything like Twilight Princess, where Death Mountain was in Eldin Province, we can say the Goron's will be making an appearence in this dungeon. Here is the link!
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks awesome!
    I think that's going to be the last spoiler I view though. :D
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redlight79 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8EHqeu7SZ4

Eiji Aonuma said he doesn't want to bring Skyward Sword to WiiU because it was made for the Wii in mind and WiiMotionPlus. But whilst watching his interview, I had a thought. He could still release it for the WiiU though, because it will be compatable with the Wii Remote and nunchuck. The only difference, is it would be in 1080p?! I think his missed the boat on that one, it would enhance the game even futher.

True... But announcing it ahead of the Wii version would halve its potential sales [as some people would then simply wait a year for the HD-resolution game - which IMHO really would'nt be worth the extra wait and new hardware price on top!].

Better to save it for some 'Wii Classics' range at a later point in the Wi U's life [if at all].

As for the newest trailer / Miyamoto showcases. Awesome stuff. Love the frickin' Sky Whale and mammoth bosses! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    True... But announcing it ahead of the Wii version would halve its potential sales [as some people would then simply wait a year for the HD-resolution game - which IMHO really would'nt be worth the extra wait and new hardware price on top!].

Better to save it for some 'Wii Classics' range at a later point in the Wi U's life [if at all].

As for the newest trailer / Miyamoto showcases. Awesome stuff. Love the frickin' Sky Whale and mammoth bosses! :D

Oh, you mean like what they did for the Gamecube games, i.e Pikmin? "New Play Control" where they made them 16:9 and made use of the Wii remote?
    MD1500 wrote: »
    Looks awesome!
    I think that's going to be the last spoiler I view though. :D

Likewise, I think I'll just wait 'til Christmas to play the game. Can you believe it's only 66 days til it's released!! Though, I wouldn't really call that a 'spoiler' spoiler, finding out Ghirahim is Gannondorf would be a huge spoiler and ruin the game for me (I just made that up, and pray it's not true! lol).
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, you mean like what they did for the Gamecube games, i.e Pikmin? "New Play Control" where they made them 16:9 and made use of the Wii remote?

That's the one.

I mean, there's the possibilty of Gamecube titles via the Wii U's online store already out there, I don't see why Nintendo [like Sony and Microsoft] won't do something with a former system's titles again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    I mean, there's the possibilty of Gamecube titles via the Wii U's online store already out there, I don't see why Nintendo [like Sony and Microsoft] won't do something with a former system's titles again.

lol, I dunno, like the virtual console? :D:cool:
    I think the reason Nintendo didn't make Gamecube games on Virtual Console, was because you can already play the games via the discs, however, because the WiiU won't be backward compatible with them, they'll probably rethink that idea and add some select titles on there, like Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Wind Waker. and them make them playable with the classic controller and remap the controls.
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered mine from Zavvi for £46.85 sometime ago. The gold Wiimote will be my first experience of motion plus (just hope that it is of decent quality & the gold doesn't rub off)

Cannot wait for this and have been feeding my Zelda hunger by eventually buying a 3DS (with Ocarina of Time) and breaking out my old Zelda disks (such as Majora, Awakening, etc) on my Wii.

Am hoping that Wind Waker & Majoras may (at some future point) be released on the 3DS as I love being able to have a Zelda fix whenever I want without having to plug in the Wii.

Oh and I like the idea of getting a gold coloured case for it as well (thanks for that suggestion and link :cool:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omipalone wrote: »
    Pre-ordered mine from Zavvi for £46.85 sometime ago. The gold Wiimote will be my first experience of motion plus (just hope that it is of decent quality & the gold doesn't rub off)

Cannot wait for this and have been feeding my Zelda hunger by eventually buying a 3DS (with Ocarina of Time) and breaking out my old Zelda disks (such as Majora, Awakening, etc) on my Wii.

Am hoping that Wind Waker & Majoras may (at some future point) be released on the 3DS as I love being able to have a Zelda fix whenever I want without having to plug in the Wii.

Oh and I like the idea of getting a gold coloured case for it as well (thanks for that suggestion and link :cool:)

?? Link's Awakening on the Wii? When did that become avaliable?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Japan have a different artwork to Europe, and the U.S. I think this is a first, 3 different artworks for 1 game?
    Here is the Japanese artwork released at a conference a couple of days ago. Also, I've posted some more footage in a different thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More videos?! :D

Okay, video 1 is the Japanese trailer, which was released a couple of days ago.

and finally, video 2, is on how the upgrade system works. It also s hows footage of the same area where the game was demo'd back in 2010, and also in Skyloft, which are two completley different areas.
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ?? Link's Awakening on the Wii? When did that become avaliable?

Oops - sorry I meant the first two Zelda games which came on the Limited Edition of Wind Waker but the edit option went once I realised I had typed tripe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another video, i'm not sure what nintendo have released this for, looks incredible though.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Dunno if this has been posted but a good vid with Miyamoto showcasing some of the features of the game from the 3DS conference in September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlSXKHe-Viw

I know people are looking forward to this game but it's not like it was ten years ago, where an imminent release of a new Zelda game had the whole gaming press and fans alike positively drooling over it, these days the industry's attention seems to be focused elsewhere. Maybe that's in part Nintendo's fault, but I personally think the new motion controls for this Zelda game could make it something very special and quite unlike anything else out there. I'd never rule Nintendo out when it comes to a game like this.
  • Options
    morbidangel101morbidangel101 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Slightly off topic, sorry, but does anyone know if you can buy this with the wii motion plus? Or will I need to either get the limited edition bundle with the remote or buy it separately?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game requires Wii Motion Plus.
    If you already have Wii Remote without Wii Motion Plus, you can get an attachment, from pretty much anywhere. I'd recommend Amazon, very cheap. If you have a Wii Remote Plus (a standard Wii remote, with Wii Motion Plus built in), you're set. Or, if you fancy celebrating the 25th anniversery, you can pick up a Gold Wii Remote Plus bundled with the game. No news if the remote is available to purchase separately.
  • Options
    morbidangel101morbidangel101 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I think I'll just get the special edition. Seems to be about the same price as buying the game and the motion plus separately, and I get the soundtrack CD too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw those earlier today, and am really excited! Not long now til release! :D

There is a trailer, very similar to the last one you posted, however doesn't focus on that Kiwiki, instead the whole of Faron Woods, and we also get to see the Kiwiki leader!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frglWNi2B3I

Another is the opening introduction to the game, very similar to that of the Wind Waker. I haven't seen this video, but I know it doesn't spoil much, as the text is still in Japanese.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgt3G83Fo5s

Last video, is the sword tutorial, and it has been confirmed that it will support BOTH right and LEFT hand sword control. You're given the option right at the beginning, very similar to that of Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkR7wQ0UXY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what the odds are in the release date of this game changing, nintendo have a habit of delaying releases.
  • Options
    BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the odds are in the release date of this game changing, nintendo have a habit of delaying releases.

Only if there are last minute issues with the game. Nintendo have a "it's done when it's done" mentality to their titles, and tend not to reveal release dates until the game is pretty much put to bed.

It's only they discover something major during Lot Check or a critical bug surfaces, that they'll delay.

Hardware releases are different though.