John Hurt Who?

15678911»

Comments

• ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the latest news about Matt, what do we think now? Could John Hurt be the Doctor's dark future that Simeon tried to prevent?
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think John Hurt would have made a fantastic doctor (a bit along the lines of Hartnell and/or Cushing), but at the age of seventy-three, I fear it is a little too late.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think John Hurt would have made a fantastic doctor (a bit along the lines of Hartnell and/or Cushing), but at the age of seventy-three, I fear it is a little too late.

Well I wouldn't expect him to play the Doctor for years, perhaps one series like Eccleston?
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    In all the hullabaloo about today's announcement I am intrigued by this quote in Matt's leaving statement:
    Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number Eleven, who I might add is not done yet, I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special.

I know these fellows can be tricksy with their statements but given that this was said after filming of the 50th anniversary special to my mind it confirms that the Hurt Doctor will not be an extra Doctor slotted in between McGann and Eccleston because that would make Matt's Doctor number twelve so he wouldn't have referred to it by number.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief, with yesterday's news it makes me look again that that poll and wonder if I dismissed one option a bit too readily.