Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can understand Celtic trying to improve the match day experience in Scotland with building its fanzine idea as its frankly a terrible day out in Scotland for the money charged.

Was at man city v Southampton yesterday at is a different world the match day experience there. Fanzone bands on stage, interviews loads of tv screens , huge choice of food and bars, comfy leather seats, free wifi etc.

However it was 48quid for a ticket a category b game, that was the most I had ever paid for any football match it my life
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Scotland women's team only winning 9-0 right now (with 25 minutes left too)
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,144
    Forum Member
    Celtic should be due a home draw today as we've been drawn away in 16 of the last 18 Scottish Cup draws.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk of being "due" something in a random draw is...bizarre.
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    Talk of being "due" something in a random draw is...bizarre.

It is correct though, how long can Celtic continually keep getting away games in draws. Its over 20 years since Celtic had 3 home draws in a row in the Scottish Cup despite being involved in about 50 draws, our "luck" is due to turn.

Celtic have only had 6 home Scottish Cup draws in over a decade. Sevco a 3 year old Club have had 7.

Sevco have now had 8 in their 3 year history, Celtic away again, Celtic's 8th home draw ago was almost 12 years ago.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    It is correct though, how long can Celtic continually keep getting away games in draws. Its over 20 years since Celtic had 3 home draws in a row in the Scottish Cup despite being involved in about 50 draws, our "luck" is due to turn.

Celtic have only had 6 home Scottish Cup draws in over a decade. Sevco a 3 year old Club have had 7.

Sevco have now had 8 in their 3 year history, Celtic away again, Celtic's 8th home draw ago was almost 12 years ago.

Taking away games played at neutral venues for semi finals and finals over the last ten years Celtic have been drawn as the home team:-

2015/16 - 0/1
    2014/15 - 0/3
    2013/14 - 1/2
    2012/13 - 1/3
    2011/12 - 0/3
    2010/11 - 0/3
    2009/10 - 0/3
    2008/9 - 2/3
    2007/8 - 1/3
    2006/7 - 1/3
    2005/6 - 0/1

6 home ties in 28 games. 21% of potential matches. We're awfully unlucky in these cup draws whilst 2 other teams have been drawn at home a combined average of 60% of the time.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    make it ANOTHER ONE then bhoyos .....

St Johnstone v Kilmarnock
    Dunfermline v Ross County
    Stirling Albion v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Wick Academy/Linlithgow Rose v Queen's Park/Forfar
    Dundee v Falkirk
    Livingston v Greenock Morton
    Dumbarton/Alloa v Queen of the South
    Stenhousemuir/East Kilbride v Huntly/Lothian Thistle
    Motherwell v Formartine United/Cove Rangers
    Hearts v Aberdeen
    Airdrieonians v Dundee United
    Stranraer v Celtic
    Rangers v Cowdenbeath/Arbroath
    St Mirren v Partick Thistle
    Inverurie Loco/Annan v Hamilton Academical
    Raith Rovers v Hibernian

heck, one place further and we'd all be in THAT place again ^_^

some good meaty ties and could we have a non league side in the fifth round ..... only the stennies can stop them!
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Imagine being so paranoid you think there is a conspiracy to make you play away in the Scottish cup against part time diddies. I thought Scottish teams don't test you enough anyway?

Booing silences, supporting a foreign country against your own, have to be reminded to wash, can't win a treble, can't win a game in the Europa, conspiracy theories about cup ties. No wonder you are loathed as a support. Give it a rest.
    Forum Member
    Imagine being so paranoid you think there is a conspiracy to make you play away in the Scottish cup against part time diddies. I thought Scottish teams don't test you enough anyway?

Booing silences, supporting a foreign country against your own, have to be reminded to wash, can't win a treble, can't win a game in the Europa, conspiracy theories about cup ties. No wonder you are loathed as a support. Give it a rest.

Sevco and Rangers fans are the most paranoid, they have to shoot down any conspiracy's through embarrassement at the cheating in favour of their clubs.

Some result against Dumbarton last night, was wee Frank the bin man playing? the Sevco are coming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sevco and Rangers fans are the most paranoid, they have to shoot down any conspiracy's through embarrassement at the cheating in favour of their clubs.

Some result against Dumbarton last night, was wee Frank the bin man playing? the Sevco are coming.

You're the one bleating on about being drawn away to a bunch of binmen. Stranraer will be about as close to Ireland as a lot of your support has ever got.

If you are crying about that 'injustice' wait until Fenerbache give you a stuffing in Turkey. See if they have any names spelled wrongly and you can maybe get your first win.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yawn. Your obsession with Celtic continues.

Least our stadium isn't crumbling, unlike Ibrox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »

It's your paranoid fans who think there is a conspiracy to make them play bin men in Stranraer.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »

just in case I,get the TB .....Treatment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Celtic game has been postponed so it'll be Cove v Formartine for me instead this afternoon.

For most Highland League teams getting drawn away to a Premiership team would be worth an absolute fortune but not so much these 2 as they have very wealthy benefactors. Still, it should be a decent game.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    The Celtic game has been postponed so it'll be Cove v Formartine for me instead this afternoon.

For most Highland League teams getting drawn away to a Premiership team would be worth an absolute fortune but not so much these 2 as they have very wealthy benefactors. Still, it should be a decent game.

Good for you.
    If only more folks went along & supported their local teams.
    Alloa v Sons is the "only show in town" today. :-D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Good for you.
    If only more folks went along & supported their local teams.
    Alloa v Sons is the "only show in town" today. :-D

About 30 miles from home for me, just fancied watching a game.

Being an Alloa boy originally I'm hoping they'll turn you over today but they have been poor this season. Duffy, McManus and Crawford have offered nothing. They are certainties for relegation. Hartley used his contracts really well when he was in charge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great performance by Cove, given their budget they should beat most League 2 sides.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 30 miles from home for me, just fancied watching a game.

Being an Alloa boy originally I'm hoping they'll turn you over today but they have been poor this season. Duffy, McManus and Crawford have offered nothing. They are certainties for relegation. Hartley used his contracts really well when he was in charge.

Both teams were poor today in atrocious weather. Alloa offered no threat at all though, very poor.The Sons scored 2 cracking goals, one of which was direct from a corner, wind assisted. A brilliant cross from Eamon Brophy set up the 2nd. Pity his loan from Hamilton expires after today. Decent away support too, well done Sons.
    👍:-)
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good win in E.T. by East Kilbride of the Lowland League.
    If Lothian beat Huntly they meet in round 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getzls wrote: »
    Good win in E.T. by East Kilbride of the Lowland League.
    If Lothian beat Huntly they meet in round 4.

Cracking win for Kilby, after the first game I wondered if they had missed the chance of an upset.

If there get their new stadium they are a club who could go places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cracking win for Kilby, after the first game I wondered if they had missed the chance of an upset.

If there get their new stadium they are a club who could go places.
    That's their intention.
    They stated when they entered the L.L. they intend to be a professional club in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lothian beat Huntly 3-0.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/new-league-cup-format-announced/

Interesting news that, glad to see BT get the rights.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bonus point thing is...bold.

How will they decide home/away for the group stage games? What did UEFA do when the UEFA Cup had that format?

Disappointing that a national final is being taken away from free TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    The bonus point thing is...bold.

How will they decide home/away for the group stage games? What did UEFA do when the UEFA Cup had that format?

Disappointing that a national final is being taken away from free TV.

The League Cup is dying on its arse so fair play for them trying something even if it is reverting back to a way we did it before, kind of.

I get what you are saying about the final not being on free TV but the BT coverage of Scottish football is far better than the BBC coverage.