sounds settings

Does anyone know what's the best sounds settings for movies in HD, On my 42 LCD TV.?

Can you please let me know thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Stereo :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you have an HDMI Home Cinema Amp. with HD Audio support via HDMI the best you will get through your TV alone is Stereo as the other poster points out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MMMMM That's not entirely correct. Stereo is simply left and right information.

Two channels can contain analogue Dolby Pro Logic (DPL) coding (and others), which can be decoded into several channels. That's a simplification really, but to claim two channels is stereo is not quite correct. It depends on the encoding embedded in the source material, and whether or not the equipment used to replay it has the necessary decoding logic built in.

Such encoding can not be stripped out. If you record or transmit the two channels the Dolby encoding will remain.

In this way, DPL can be successfully carried via the two channel NICAM transmission system. Enabling you to get "surround" sound at home from your TV, when the source material (such as most films and relatively modern TV programmes) contains surround information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobAnt wrote: »
    MMMMM That's not entirely correct. Stereo is simply left and right information.

Two channels can contain analogue Dolby Pro Logic (DPL) coding (and others), which can be decoded into several channels. That's a simplification really, but to claim two channels is stereo is not quite correct. It depends on the encoding embedded in the source material, and whether or not the equipment used to replay it has the necessary decoding logic built in.

Such encoding can not be stripped out. If you record or transmit the two channels the Dolby encoding will remain.

In this way, DPL can be successfully carried via the two channel NICAM transmission system. Enabling you to get "surround" sound at home from your TV, when the source material (such as most films and relatively modern TV programmes) contains surround information.

Agree with all that but the TV is "Stereo":)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulr2006 wrote: »
    Agree with all that but the TV is "Stereo":)
    Is it? he OP didn't post the make and model. Many TVs have provision for surround sound and DPL processors. Especially the large screen expensive ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobAnt wrote: »
    Is it? he OP didn't post the make and model. Many TVs have provision for surround sound and DPL processors. Especially the large screen expensive ones.

It's in one of his other posts relating to blu ray, the TV is a philips HD ready (720P) set, stereo sound.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be in a diferent thread, which I haven't seen (or related to this).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what's the best sounds settings for movies in HD, On my 42 LCD TV.?

Can you please let me know thank you.

about 23. that should be about right. if it's a little too purple then you could try a banana. let me know how you get on.