people you think are older than they say

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of people will make a geniune mistake of a year or two here and there as they get older but these days theres no point in any celeb lying as its all over the internet.
    Anyway who actually asks these celebs in interviews how old their are, isn't that rather rude, if a magazine prints it wrong then you can hardly blame the celeb.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Sinitta has always been chipping years off her age - she seems to have been about 40 for the past decade!!

2 Years ago Sinitta was 40, last year she was 41 and I've just looked on wikipedia and she is 40 again. Your right she does seem to have been 40 for a long time LOL
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guessing someone's age based on their appearance is always hard to do. Lifestyle, hair/make-up/clothing etc can all make a difference. As can things like smoking, drinking and drug abuse. Hence Amy Winehouse (who is in her 20s) looks more like 40-something - and 47 year old Susan Boyle looking more like 67...until she had her hair cut/dyed/styled, her eyebrows shaped and put on some make-up. Then she did look closer to her actual age.

Let's also not forget that a lot of celebs have cosmetic proceedures, which means that what we see isn't a true reflection of how old they actually are!

Incidentally, I was always a bit dubious about Jerry Hall - she seemed to be mid-30s for years:D!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Susan Boyle is 47???! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I thought she was in her late 50s/early 60s!!! :o
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? She looks about that age. No way is she 34, that is 3 years older than I am and I look like I am in my 30s.

I don't mean that she couldn't pass for 27 NOW, but i was a fan at the beginning of her career and bought the first destiny's child album in 1998/1999 (I was about eleven)

She would have been 16 in 1998 if she is 27 now, and I can't see that she really was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    cutekookie wrote: »
    Denise Van Outen - no way she is still in her early 30's - closer to 40's I think.

Gerri Halliwell - famously a lot older than she claimed to be.

As much as I grew from liking to disliking her, Geri has never lied about her age. She went to Lanes dance school at the same time as Victoria, so she can't be 'famously a lot older'.

Liz Hurley deff late fourties, as I previously mentioned the press are gagged.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milly wrote: »
    I'm at that age now,where i'm going to have to start knocking a few years off lol.

Don't bother. Tell the truth. Much better for people to think you look good for your age than to think you look knackered for it. :)

I'm 46 and proud of it. I do look younger than my real age (as many of us do now) but if I said I was 7 or 8 years younger then people might think I'd had a hard life :eek:. I'd much prefer everyone to think I was ageing well. ;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read on another blog a while back that Catherine Zeta Jones is reputedly a lot older than she claims. Quite a few people agreed about it, some said it was common knowledge and that it came out about 10 years ago when she was signing contracts/insurance for some movie and had to give her dob. Sorry to be so vague, I forget the details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    teewoods wrote: »
    Some of you are nuts! So just because someone looks older therefore they are lying nice logic! :rolleyes:

So let me get this right - if they look younger than their age they must be lying too:rolleyes:

To say someone like Beyonce is lying considering she started singing at the age of 16 and was very much in the public eye. Means she lied about her age when she was 16, and why may i ask?

Why would Jordan lie considering she had no reason to back in the days?

The only people that might be cagey about their age are those who burst unto the sene in their late 20's or 30's Those who have been in the public sine their teens or early 20's have zero reason to have lied back then.

Oh and in modern you think the press cant find out anyones age? Use your logic!

Excellent Post. People are using their own personal dislike to throw celebrities into the mix rather than common sense...hanson :rolleyes:
    No way is Beyonce lying about her age. How can you think she's taken a whole 7 years off her age!!

What's even funnier is. Alot of Beyonce life has been filmed while growing up and some of it is available on youtube. School Contests, Appearing on Star Search with her first group; Girls Tyme. Their first record deal, sleepovers...etc.
    Not to mention records from the various schools she attended early on. Debuting in the music industry at 16 and maintaining it for 12 years would take a toll on anyone. Of course depending on makeup and style she will look older..but she still looks like a normal girl in her late 20's. To quote Beyonce herself;

"I've had the responsibility since I was 15 of someone who is 25 or 30, so now I have a lot of pressure. I employ a lot of people, I make a lot of adult decisions, and that has forced me to grow up a little faster."
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re: beyonce - richard blackwood who knows her & jay z very well came out on his radio show & said that she's a lot older than what she claims to be. y would he say that if it wasn't true.
    Forum Member
    re: beyonce - richard blackwood who knows her & jay z very well came out on his radio show & said that she's a lot older than what she claims to be. y would he say that if it wasn't true.

Publicity mongering? RB is desperate for fame.
    I doubt Beyonce is older than she says she is. There are a lot of photos of her and Solange growing up, and Solange definetly looks young 20s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claws10 wrote: »
    Excellent Post. People are using their own personal dislike to throw celebrities into the mix rather than common sense...hanson :rolleyes:

What's even funnier is. Alot of Beyonce life has been filmed while growing up and some of it is available on youtube. School Contests, Appearing on Star Search with her first group; Girls Tyme. Their first record deal, sleepovers...etc.
    Not to mention records from the various schools she attended early on. Debuting in the music industry at 16 and maintaining it for 12 years would take a toll on anyone. Of course depending on makeup and style she will look older..but she still looks like a normal girl in her late 20's. To quote Beyonce herself;

"I've had the responsibility since I was 15 of someone who is 25 or 30, so now I have a lot of pressure. I employ a lot of people, I make a lot of adult decisions, and that has forced me to grow up a little faster."

Good post. She may seem older because she is in the public eye and usually dressed in a theatrical style. That Nintendo DS advert she's on makes her look younger than 27, IMO, because she is natural, casually dressed and her hair isn't done up. Black girls look a bit older when they are teenagers and then seem to age slowly for the rest of their lives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna Air looks way older than 29. She was on This morning this week talking about vegetables. Her geordie accent was weird but then she's been in London so long, that could be why.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie White ( TING TINGS ) is acting younger to get in with her audiance of about 16-21 yr olds

Danielle lloyd

kerry katona
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post. She may seem older because she is in the public eye and usually dressed in a theatrical style. That Nintendo DS advert she's on makes her look younger than 27, IMO, because she is natural, casually dressed and her hair isn't done up. Black girls look a bit older when they are teenagers and then seem to age slowly for the rest of their lives.

I agree with that. I've actually noticed in general that kids in the US do look a bit older than their years, look at Miley, only 16 but you wouldn't think so. But as you say, the way you dress and carry yourself has a massive effect
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Susan Boyle is 47???! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I thought she was in her late 50s/early 60s!!! :o

I was just going to say the same:eek:

I didn't see her pre-hair cut but she looks at least 60:confused:
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carol Mcgiffin.
    Gillian Mckeith.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the loose women look like pensioners bar one , prob cos all the moaning and nagging they do
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy make up and fake tan are really aging. Now I'm in my 30s I don't use fake tan or bronzer on my face as it looks awful - I use creme blusher instead and keep the make up light. Think the heavy make up they have to wear makes some celebs look older. Such make up etc looks good in photos and on screen but close up and in real life looks bad.

Also I don't get why you would say you were younger than you were? Once you are 30 you become a bit age conscious, it'd make more sense to say you were OLDER cos then you might get a compliment!
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I agree with that. I've actually noticed in general that kids in the US do look a bit older than their years, look at Miley, only 16 but you wouldn't think so. But as you say, the way you dress and carry yourself has a massive effect

Yeah, I showed my mum a picture of Miley when she didn't know who Miley was. I asked her what age she thought Miley was. She said 20.
  • Eye SeaEye Sea Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie price must be well in her 40's come on:D no way is she 30.

Her off the One Show. Can't believe she's 29. Looks about 40.

Also Becky off Corrie (sorry, dunno actress's name). Hard to belive she's 29, too.
    Forum Member
    Katie White ( TING TINGS ) is acting younger to get in with her audiance of about 16-21 yr olds

kerry katona

KK actually lied about her age to appear older when she applied for the girl band she was in. I met her very early days, early 99. She was very friendly, bouncy, nothing like she comes across now. She can't restrain from telling OK magazine what colour her underwear is so I doubt it.

I don't think Katie White is possibly lying about her age, but it took her a long time to 'crack' a career in the industry.

Nancy Dell'olio has lied about her age many times.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hilo wrote: »
    Publicity mongering? RB is desperate for fame.
    I doubt Beyonce is older than she says she is. There are a lot of photos of her and Solange growing up, and Solange definetly looks young 20s.

RB desperate for fame? how would saying beyonce is older that she is going to make him more famous. he does actually know her & people in the industry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    RB desperate for fame? how would saying beyonce is older that she is going to make him more famous. he does actually know her & people in the industry.

How would someone who lives in Britain be close to Beyonce and her family while she was growing up in Houston. :confused: That would be like me saying 'I know someone whose a backup singer and they say Beyonce is 30'...:rolleyes:

Use common sense. Obviously he's desperate for something..be it fame or publicity. My guess would be he's only going on speculation and hearsay. Official Documents have already proved the National Enquirer wrong (which was the publication who claimed to have proof that Beyonce was older; and it turned out to be a complete sham after Beyonce's official birth certificate was looked at.)
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane McDonald looks way older than the 46 she says.

Katherine Jenkins looks to be in her early 40's.

Jenkins looks odd.

I bet she isn;t shy of the surgeon