Longterm bed&breakfast accomodation

tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
Forum Member
For work purposes i need a long term B&B in the Cockermouth, Workington area. Apart from ringing round numerous B&B's is there anyway of finding out which specific ones offer this. Would ringing the local tourist info office be of any use? Or does anybody have any recommendations? Reasonably priced of course.

Comments

• rds60hrds60h Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is long term, what about buying an old caravan and using a nearby caravan site. It should be much cheaper in the long run.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah Cockermouth, one of my fave haunts. Been to the Trout Hotel many a time but i think it may be a little pricey for a long term visit. Just give a few of the B&Bs a ring, it does not take long, someone should offer you a good deal if you are staying for a while. Local ads should have some cheaper guest houses. I love that part of the woods, planning on heading across there in the latter years of my life.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rds60h wrote: »
    If it is long term, what about buying an old caravan and using a nearby caravan site. It should be much cheaper in the long run.

Most sites are only allowed to let you stay for I believe 28 days then you cannot return for a further period of time so you would need to be able to tow the van and move around a bit.
  • tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the suggestions but not really into the caravan idea. May have to go down the house share route.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinshed wrote: »
    For work purposes i need a long term B&B in the Cockermouth, Workington area. Apart from ringing round numerous B&B's is there anyway of finding out which specific ones offer this. Would ringing the local tourist info office be of any use? Or does anybody have any recommendations? Reasonably priced of course.

http://www.lakesfarmholidays.co.uk/cragend.htm

Above looks OK, £25 _ £30 a night, they may drop the price for long term. Looks pretty decent.