Options

Official Snooker Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    oh is it? someone told me it wasn't, I'm not signed up to that anyway because I'm signed up to bet365...

I asked them on Facebook and they said it was.
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertson had three 103 breaks in his 4-1 win, in the first, second and fifth frames.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked them on Facebook and they said it was.

is it/was it on today? when I looked at the site last night it said starts Tuesday 15th Oct...
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it/was it on today? when I looked at the site last night it said starts Tuesday 15th Oct...

Yeah I'm watching a decider between Mehta & Ebdon right now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Which Mehta won impressively with a 127 total clearance. Good for the tournament :)
  • Options
    dazcdazc Posts: 4,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Which Mehta won impressively with a 127 total clearance. Good for the tournament :)

whats the crowd like wish i could watch it on tv
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 Players who Qualified never even bothered to turn up..
    Why bother in the first place:rolleyes:
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/ff/be/0,,13165~179967,00.pdf

^that is the latest prize money ranking list (the one that becomes official rankings next season)

one thing I didn't know is they will use this list at the of this season to determine which players lose their tour card, that's going to be harsh on a few players if they finish in the top 64 of the current ranking point system but not in the prize money list.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/ff/be/0,,13165~179967,00.pdf

^that is the latest prize money ranking list (the one that becomes official rankings next season)

one thing I didn't know is they will use this list at the of this season to determine which players lose their tour card, that's going to be harsh on a few players if they finish in the top 64 of the current ranking point system but not in the prize money list.

Yes will be a bit harsh, people like Ronnie O'Sullivan wont mind though as he is 20 places higher on the money list then the points list !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazc wrote: »
    whats the crowd like wish i could watch it on tv

Looked reasonably well populated from what I could tell....but then my stream crashed :D
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit ridiculous to expect every player to play every single one of 28 ranking events in a season anyway.

Some of these PTC's that take place in far flung places all over the world should not have too much significance as to who deserves a tour
    card next season. Best of 5 or 7 is no true proper match.

The money list is the only way to work out the rankings proper.
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Lee has entered the GB9 Open 9-ball pool tournament in Telford, in December.
  • Options
    TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Good win for Delhi belly Mark Williams 4-1 over Robertson :eek:
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treelopper wrote: »
    Good win for Delhi belly Mark Williams 4-1 over Robertson :eek:

Over Selby you mean;)
  • Options
    TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    tso wrote: »
    Over Selby you mean;)

Yes sorry, I don't know where I got Robertson from :o
  • Options
    EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
    Very interesting quarterfinal lineup in India.

We have Ding v Robbo, a guaranteed new ranking semifinalist in Anthony McGill and Robbie Williams, an all-Indian tie of Pankaj Advani and Aditya Mehta, and Michael White v Stephen Maguire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite something that both the Indian lads made the quarter final and thus one of them will feature in a major semi for the first time. And with Michael White (currently leading Maguire 3-1 atm) the likely opponent a pretty decent chance that one of them could go all the way to the final.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is India the next big thing then?

I would have expected more Chinese players emerging actually. There are only a few household names (and that for households that follow snooker).

Is pool bigger over there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so sure that it's the next big thing really, just both players are capable and have possibly had that extra few per cent of motivation it being in India. I put the kiss of death on White anyway, Maguire came back to win 4-3 lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is India the next big thing then?

I would have expected more Chinese players emerging actually. There are only a few household names (and that for households that follow snooker).

Is pool bigger over there?

Pool is big over there but i still think snooker is the number 1 cue sport
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pool is big over there but i still think snooker is the number 1 cue sport

Surprising that India has been unable to produce some great snooker players considering the game was invented there.

I would have thought that India would be a major hotbed of snooker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Surprising that India has been unable to produce some great snooker players considering the game was invented there.

I would have thought that India would be a major hotbed of snooker.

I mean China by the way in my reply to Degsy. He may have meant India actually.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Both really. 9-Ball fans will know that it's it massive in the Philippines, Japan and Chinese Taipei and wouldn't be surprised if it caugh on more in the Chinese mainland and in India.

I thought snooker would be bigger in India than China given the British influence - Maybe a lack of working mens clubs is the problem :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mehta had just potted match ball brown in the decider against Maguire. Barring 2 snookers he'll meet Ding in the final. No mean achievement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First Indian player to reach a ranking final

India v China
This discussion has been closed.