No More Bond Please

MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
Forum Member
✭✭
I must admit, the sight of Mark in full costume did give me a slight chuckle, but after that the whole routine was the tipping point that has led to me DEMANDING there be no more James Bond themed dances on Strictly ever.

I mean, a couple of them have been alright (although Mark & Karen's Argentine Tango will forever be slightly marred by whichever poster here talked about how she imagined Mark penetrating her at the climax to the music THANKS FOR THAT LOVE, REALLY PAINTED A PICTURE FOR ME) but on the whole it's silly juvenile dress-up. Ricky Groves' mid-life crisis rumba was embarrassing, Kristina jumping around doing finger-guns going "p'yow p'yow" was silly and the less said Anton's attempt to play 007 the better.

At the very least it should be restricted to Movie/Hollywood theme weeks. Who's with me?

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Speaking of Mark's dance, the copious amounts we saw of the pussy was unnecessary.

That and the stupid cat.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    I used to be in love with Gay-Yee Westerhoff......oh, you mean James Bond songs :o:D

http://www.symmetry-and-sound.com/gay_yee/1_Gay_Yee_gya000.jpg

(goes off to find the "strictly celebrities for 2014" thread :cool:)
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be the first time the audience really voted for Gay since Julian Clary.

(BA'DUM TISH)
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair point, Monkseal, but if there had been a ban on James Bond themes, we would have missed this. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I must admit, the sight of Mark in full costume did give me a slight chuckle, but after that the whole routine was the tipping point that has led to me DEMANDING there be no more James Bond themed dances on Strictly ever.

I mean, a couple of them have been alright (although Mark & Karen's Argentine Tango will forever be slightly marred by whichever poster here talked about how she imagined Mark penetrating her at the climax to the music THANKS FOR THAT LOVE, REALLY PAINTED A PICTURE FOR ME) but on the whole it's silly juvenile dress-up. Ricky Groves' mid-life crisis rumba was embarrassing, Kristina jumping around doing finger-guns going "p'yow p'yow" was silly and the less said Anton's attempt to play 007 the better.

At the very least it should be restricted to Movie/Hollywood theme weeks. Who's with me?

:eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    Fair point, Monkseal, but if there had been a ban on James Bond themes, we would have missed this. :)

It's alright, IIRC she did a few other sort-of-ok-if-you-squint-a-bit routines. She'd probably have survived.
  • komentaightorkomentaightor Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Monkseal, used up all your "James Bond" quips already in previous weeks?
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no I love my Bond themes. More please:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Monkseal, used up all your "James Bond" quips already in previous weeks?

On the contrary, I've got a whole SKY FULL(/skyfall).
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem was that conceptually it was all wrong. Mark was dressed as Blofeld, but the song he danced to was from Goldfinger. Blofeld wasn't in Goldfinger.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only Bond themed dance I can recall enjoying was Scott & Natalie's Paso to the Bond Theme.

Kara & Artem's foxtrot was a snore (as are most foxtrots)

I've forgotten pretty much every other Bond themed dance.

I don't really consider Ramps' AT to be Bond themed, as it was just danced to a song from a Bond film, they weren't dressed up or anything. (Also, did someone really write that? Because that's downright disturbing).
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love the Bond Theme
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I love the Bond Theme

I'm convinced you don't feel hatred against anything.

Apart from perhaps likeable, good dancers.
  • LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumped
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the contrary, I've got a whole SKY FULL(/skyfall).

:D:D

SKY FAW
  • JosephFanAlisonJosephFanAlison Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had enough Bond too now!
  • mariafitzmariafitz Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Bond can be ok...But last nights Marks dance was just creepy...All that was missing was te pole for Ivetta to dance around....~shudder~
  • fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was totally inappropriate for a Rumba.

Mark's character, Blofeld, was a murderer, and Iveta was a murdered girl sprayed in gold (from a completely different film!)

Romantic dance of love?
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going off Iveta. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she might not have had a choice but to choreograph that monstrosity last night.

If she is coming up with something similar for next week (ie horrible outfits, leg on Mark's shoulder, not even a nod to the feeling of the actual dance they are doing) then for me they may as well not bother to turn up and just put that big white pussy in the middle of the floor for 90 seconds.

Poor Mark. He deserves better!!
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member

As much as I love the books and movies I am sick of them doing Bond themed dances... particularly to Goldeneye which is a song I can't stand (it's my least favourite Bond song closely followed by Goldfinger).

TBF, I could cope with it if it amounted to no more than the male wearing a tuxedo. No more dressing up as Bond girls, villans (particularly if they don't feature in the movie being portrayed) and definitely no more finger guns!
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more of a Brooke Bond myself.
    It's the taste.
    (Also available for music instrument removals & jazz)
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeus wrote: »
    I think the problem was that conceptually it was all wrong. Mark was dressed as Blofeld, but the song he danced to was from Goldfinger. Blofeld wasn't in Goldfinger.

Did he do any dancing, I must have blinked and missed that bit. :)
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I don't know... I can think of worse than Bond.

Imagine if someone like Babs Windsor were to do Strictly (I know she has said she won't but I'm using her as an example anyway!) can you imagine the :rolleyes:hilarious:rolleyes: (note the sarcasm there) Carry On themed routines we'd be subjected to?! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    memmh wrote: »
    Oh, I don't know... I can think of worse than Bond.

Imagine if someone like Babs Windsor were to do Strictly (I know she has said she won't but I'm using her as an example anyway!) can you imagine the :rolleyes:hilarious:rolleyes: (note the sarcasm there) Carry On themed routines we'd be subjected to?! :eek:

Wasn't Dave's dance based on Carry on up the Khyber :D
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a guy in a tux and would be fine if that was the only way the male dancers dressed to a Bond song - even Mark's Rumba would have been better if he wore a tux! :p