Options

Has George

BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
Forum Member
Said anything about being sacked from Googlebox?

Comments

• Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Borefest wrote: »
    Said anything about being sacked from Googlebox?

I was also wondering this!

Channel 4 are obviously insanely bitter over BB's success on Channel 5!
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was on the radio a day or two ago and wished the show well. No hard feelings. He wasn't actually sacked ..it was his choice.

It's in their contracts that they can't do other tv shows. He discussed the offer with Gogglebox producers and they said if he accepted it he couldn't do Gogglebox as he would be classified as a "Celebrity"..and GB is a show for ordinary members of the public (seems a bit silly of producers to me, as coming off CBB he would have been a great PR tool for Gogglebox to use this week on various chatshows etc. Cutting off their nose to spite their face in some ways....but I guess Gogglebox producers wanted to send a message to other families).

George figured if he wanted to explore the option of working more in the entertainment industry ..then taking the CBB offer would be a good way of jumping in head first and seeing what happened (I'm sure the rumoured £100k fee helped him make his choice as well :D).
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blown his nose yet is what I thought you were going to say.

I feel sorry for people who have that constant nasally congestion sound when they speak.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt he cares very much as he has earned a more lucrative sum of money by appearing in Big Brother.
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say it's true, but what I've read suggests he got more money from Big Brother than he would from Gogglebox. So he managed to help his family out this way. I will miss him though, I loved his family, they were always my favourites.
  • Options
    annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my favs. too. As already said stupid him and his family not being on, any wish him well in whatever he does. One of the only ones to come out of celeb big brother and not slag people off.
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    George getting 100k for CBB seems a bit far fetched.
    What did the 'high profile' White Dee get then 1 Mill :o
    Is there any proof?
    I thought even in much higher rated shows like I'm a celeb only the big names get good money... the bit part players get around 10 - 20k and are just glad to be there to boost their profile.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ultros wrote: »
    George getting 100k for CBB seems a bit far fetched.
    What did the 'high profile' White Dee get then 1 Mill :o
    Is there any proof?
    I thought even in much higher rated shows like I'm a celeb only the big names get good money... the bit part players get around 10 - 20k and are just glad to be there to boost their profile.

Only what his Mum said in interviews while he was in the house. A £100k was mentioned in 1interview.....and she has said in a couple of interviews that he got enough to get on the property ladder (she said in another he was going to pay to fix her roof, was taking her to Barcelona for a couple of days and was going to buy a small bungalow for himself with the fee).
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the Brighton hairdressers were on Sunday Brunch and June and Leon have been on a couple of things too (I'm sure they were on BBC Breakfast). So C4 are fine with appearing on other shows as long as it's to publicise Gogglebox?!

It's obvious George is just an ordinary fella, he's not going to be sat with a bottle of Bollinger and a bowl of caviar while watching TV, he's just the same as he was before CBB! His family were great additions on Gogglebox and I'll really miss them.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they said if he accepted it he couldn't do Gogglebox as he would be classified as a "Celebrity"..
    Which confirms he was/is not a celebrity and should never have been on CBB.