Norwich! What's it Like?

12346»

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chinese students used to come for the Bell Language School in Bowthorpe which has closed now. Shame really as they bought a different vibe to the area.

Still plenty of students in the city centre. I always assumed they went to UEA.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still plenty of students in the city centre. I always assumed they went to UEA.

They probably do now the Bell has closed. I also see coach loads being dropped off at Castle Meadow. Proper touristy, cameras, rucksacks etc. Makes me feel proud that they want to come and do the tourist thing in my local city.
  • MentoristMentorist Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably do now the Bell has closed. I also see coach loads being dropped off at Castle Meadow. Proper touristy, cameras, rucksacks etc. Makes me feel proud that they want to come and do the tourist thing in my local city.

There is a language school near Tombland, that's probably why they are there.

Lovely that Norwich has received two national awards recently - best high street and best small music venue. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading all this, I want to do the same!

You must! The Christmas lights at this time of year make it so pretty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mentorist wrote: »

Lovely that Norwich has received two national awards recently - best high street and best small music venue. :)

Ah, I wasn't aware of a language school there.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mentorist wrote: »

Did they also get an award for Cadge Road and Larkman estate as the most salubrious area to live.