Have you got a cold or something worse?

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was ok on friday but overnight into sat morning it cam down on me like a ton of bricks, tonsils up which white spots, sore throat, today a barking cough and streaming nose :(

Hate feeling rubbish like this. I'm just drinking loads, taking painkillers, honey & lemon, you know the usual things.

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ManFlu.
    Women will never understand it.
    Hang in there Bro!
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    No.

I haven't had a proper cold since the mid/late 1980's.

I haven't ever had flu.

I got chicken pox for the first time around about 1998, I was 34. It was no big deal really, apart from the itching. I actually went into work, not knowing what I had, only to be promptly sent home.

I've had food poisoning about 3 three times in my life, but nothing serious enough to need to go to hospital.

I get my strong immune system from my mother, as when she had 'a cold' it was barely noticeable. My dad on the other hand, gets seriously unwell when he gets a cold.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better getting it now than in 10 days time.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have something much worse. They are called children.

You have no idea how I suffer. :(

Hopefully your throat will start to feel better in a few days. If it takes longer to ease it might worth going to the GP as it may need treated with an antibiotic if it's caused by a bacterial infection. Hopefully it's viral and you should be feeling rightly soon. Rest and fluids. Paracetamol for pain and fever. Sofa, jammies, DVD boxsets would all be on my agenda.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Earache, the worst pain you can have and nothing works, Not even eardrops and I'm in danger of an OD of painkillers.
  • RijowhiRijowhi Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    Earache, the worst pain you can have and nothing works, Not even eardrops and I'm in danger of an OD of painkillers.

Know the feeling when it comes to being in danger of OD'ing on Painkillers. I had blocked Ears at the start, now onto a killer Cough, Sinuses' that are blocked with lots of crap and the sorest Throat ever. Will I ever be well again?

What a depressing but reassuring thread.😆 Get well soon all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Is this a men's only thread? :p
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Is this a men's only thread? :p

Hope not as I'd just like to add I've got the sniffles coming on, headachey all yesterday :(
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    if it comes on slowly it`s a cold and if it goes from zero to shivering/temperature/aching/can`t move in an hour or two it`s flu.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Headcold, earache, sickness, sore throat this past week.

Whistling ear too, not tinnitus, more whooshing sound like a heartbeat.

Taking ages to shift this one. Everyone I know has had something similar this time, and oddly enough, it's hinged round a sudden ear problem - blocked ear or ears, sore ear. And then I got it and I never have ear problems.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have my first cold in years. I say cold but really only the streaming nose for the last couple of days.
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have something much worse. They are called children.

You have no idea how I suffer.

Hope that isn't infectious :o
  • cobaye22cobaye22 Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    No.

I haven't had a proper cold since the mid/late 1980's.

I haven't ever had flu.

I got chicken pox for the first time around about 1998, I was 34. It was no big deal really, apart from the itching. I actually went into work, not knowing what I had, only to be promptly sent home.

I've had food poisoning about 3 three times in my life, but nothing serious enough to need to go to hospital.

I get my strong immune system from my mother, as when she had 'a cold' it was barely noticeable. My dad on the other hand, gets seriously unwell when he gets a cold.

If you've had chicken pox more than once your immune system is not that strong.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started with a minor cold at the weekend. I seem to have developed an all over rash now which is a bit disconcerting.
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobaye22 wrote: »

I think the poster just meant she had not had it as a child
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might want to draw up a standard will off the internets just in case.
    I have the Standard Craven Haven bequest form ready for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    No cold as of yet, but i always end up with a cold either on my birthday just gone, or wait until xmas day :(( I hope not cos i can't taste the dinner etc :)
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started with a minor cold at the weekend. I seem to have developed an all over rash now which is a bit disconcerting.

Paracetamol/lemsips can cause a rash if you have been taking a lot for your cold
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    Paracetamol/lemsips can cause a rash if you have been taking a lot for your cold

Really? I drank a fair bit of lemsip.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope lemsip works for me - my genitals fell off the other day.

It is all rather worrying. :cry:
  • cobaye22cobaye22 Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born lippy wrote: »
    I think the poster just meant she had not had it as a child

Whatever - slapdash grammar.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobaye22 wrote: »

I think it recurs as shingles.

Been loads of colds and coughs around this Autumn and early Winter. Had a bit of a one myself.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I always get the rash when I've been on the lemsips, it will fade on its own (unless you've got something more serious :o)
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad one going around recently, a couple of us in work have it, my brothers have it although a worse dose than me.

As long as it stays away from my chest, I can still run if it's above the neck.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a horrible cold and dry cough. Every time I cough I end up hiccuping, which is weird.