How to tell if an episode of EastEnders coming up wont be great

Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When Dominic Treadwell Collins doesnt Tweet about it ive noticed just like monday and nothing from him about tonights just a long observation i have noticed 😏

Comments

• FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Did twitter even exist 10 years ago

How on earth did EPs let us know the difference between a good episode and a bad one back then? :o

Don't base everything off of Twitter.
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »

How on earth did EPs let us know the difference between a good episode and a bad one back then? :o

Well every time we have had a dud episode every single time i have then went to check Dominic Treadwells tweets and he hasnt tweeted about the episode before hand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like when he tweets example Tonight's #EastEnders - written by blaa, directed by blaa then other times he doesnt tweet about certain episodes
  • CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    When Marcus_Smith makes a crappy thread about it.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    There's been good episodes he hasn't mentioned in the past, obviously there episodes he's more proud of than others, but I think it's more of the case that he tweets when he finds the time and it's not really something we can read into.

I do, however, think there are certain posters who prejudge episodes based on various factors (writers, cast list, their own very specific set of expections, and apparently, tweets) and refuse to change that pre-formed opinion no matter how good the episodes are.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An Alfie and Dean two-hander with them complaining how hard done by they are as they didn't do anything wrong really and what is all the fuss about over a tiny little case of arson and rape?
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he had better things to do than tweet?
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Alfie and Dean two-hander with them complaining how hard done by they are as they didn't do anything wrong really and what is all the fuss about over a tiny little case of arson and rape?

:confused:
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find watching it gives me an indication of whether it is good or bad.

but I am not sure that the exec producer of Ee is supposed to think he is churning out bad episodes.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member

Lol!

I wish!

Just Alfie though, no Dean!
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Calfro wrote: »
    :D
    like when he tweets example Tonight's #EastEnders - written by blaa, directed by blaa then other times he doesnt tweet about certain episodes
    The team are busy with 30th and LIVE Prep
    I have heard some rubbish in my time but some of the things I've heard on DS in the last few days makes me wonder what I am doing on here sometimes.

I watch EastEnders regardless if it's good or not. Have watched for 20 odd years and will continue to until I die.
    Forum Member
    There's been good episodes he hasn't mentioned in the past, obviously there episodes he's more proud of than others, but I think it's more of the case that he tweets when he finds the time and it's not really something we can read into.

I do, however, think there are certain posters who prejudge episodes based on various factors (writers, cast list, their own very specific set of expections, and apparently, tweets) and refuse to change that pre-formed opinion no matter how good the episodes are.
    You talk a lot of sense :)
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're wrong OP that was a great ep in my opinion.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »

and mine.

I guess sometimes he is just busy doing other thngs to have time to tweet.
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Not great but decent.

DomTreadwellCollins ‏@dominictc · 12m12 minutes ago
    Congratulations to @Jessica_Lea1 on her brilliant first #EastEnders episode. And boom, @RakheeThakrar you little star. x

He was clearly just busy.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calfro wrote: »

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So DTC hasnt advertised episodes coming up since 27th February this episode sharon met her brother and IMO the last good episode the episodes after have been written by writers that ive never heard of its like DTC goes threw a phrase of ill pick the worst writers for this week and that week which has pretty much happened since the live episodes.
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is as irrational a logic as it was the first time you said it.
  • Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read he was going on holiday after the live episodes so thats probably why he hasn't tweeted. Not that it's a big deal anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read he was going on holiday after the live episodes so thats probably why he hasn't tweeted. Not that it's a big deal anyway

Another Hoilday? Most be his 6th holiday in so many months
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    So DTC hasnt advertised episodes coming up since 27th February this episode sharon met her brother and IMO the last good episode the episodes after have been written by writers that ive never heard of its like DTC goes threw a phrase of ill pick the worst writers for this week and that week which has pretty much happened since the live episodes.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Another Hoilday? Most be his 6th holiday in so many months
    He deserves to have a holiday after the live episodes. He's been working very hard in the build up to the 30th anniversary.
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where would we be without DTC's personal stalker to keep us updated on his every Twitter activity. :kitty:
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We we bound to have a quiet period
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »

And back then the show used to actually reach 13 million viewers easily without the EP and the entire cast and crew praising it to the high hills and shoving it down our throats on social media...