Options

eastenders live week SCHEDULE RELEASED

Comments

• Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've actually done a really good job with the schedule. Thursday's gonna be a treat to watch the reveal and flashback episode in one night!
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited and I think I like it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! :blush::D
  • Options
    SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Actually a really good schedule, looking forward to it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    This is fantastic and its in half term! Surprised Barbara Windsor isn't going on Graham Norton and I'm kinda surprised Letitia Dean is going on! Glad Pam will be there and it seems Richard Blackwood's character will have a pretty big impact.

I think the schedule will make everyone happy as well, even with the football on we still have the graham norton special and it shows that the BBC and EastEnders knew this in advance as we'll get a 1 hr 30 mins extravaganza on the thursday and that's not including the live episode! Can't believe there will be a live aftermath on BBC One this time as well as more on BBC Three later!!

I do spare a thought for people who booked the 19th off work to watch the live episode live and are unable to get the friday off.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Sounds very exciting. Can't wait for this!
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Sandsss wrote: »
    I knew Friday 20th would be Live episode and loads of people adamant it was the 19th.
    I think it mean the murder reveal will actually be in a LIVE Insert with the Aftermath being LIVE
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,316
    Forum Member
    Pams really getting involved with the celebrations, maybe we will get Pat back from the dead after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt_James wrote: »
    This is fantastic and its in half term! Surprised Barbara Windsor isn't going on Graham Norton and I'm kinda surprised Letitia Dean is going on! Glad Pam will be there and it seems Richard Blackwood's character will have a pretty big impact.

I think the schedule will make everyone happy as well, even with the football on we still have the graham norton special and it shows that the BBC and EastEnders knew this in advance as we'll get a 1 hr 30 mins extravaganza on the thursday and that's not including the live episode! Can't believe there will be a live aftermath on BBC One this time as well as more on BBC Three later!!

I do spare a thought for people who booked the 19th off work to watch the live episode live and are unable to get the friday off.
    I booked off the whole week :blush: The LIVE reveal Thursday 19th as we know and there will be 90 minutes of EastEnders that day :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    “BBC One will mark the 30th Anniversary of its flagship series with the most ambitious week of live television drama ever attempted," :):):)
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait is the the killer reveal before the life episode???!!!
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was excited before this, now I'm beyond words, it's going to be the most epic week in Eastenders history and god that Thursday is going to be intense all I can say is bring it on, also I knew DTC wouldn't just copy the 25th anniversary and have the reveal in the full live episode
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    “BBC One will mark the 30th Anniversary of its flagship series with the most ambitious week of live television drama ever attempted," :):):)

It can't come quick enough.
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MutantX wrote: »

Yea the killer reveal is the thursday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MutantX wrote: »
    By the sounds of things the reveal will be in the 7:30pm-8:30pm episode
    Most likely a LIVE insert right at the end. Unless they reveal the killer after the flashbacks. But yeah the LIVE episode is Friday and will feature the Aftermath and whatever else they have lined up for the week.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    The Graham Norton thing sounds great so i'll definitely be watching that!
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so yesterday before the schedule was released the anniversary week was ruined because it was announced the football is on and no Monday ep.

today, the schedule is released and the anniversay week is going to brilliant! and everyones positive

how fickle!

so we find out the killer the day before the live, must be how the reveal is dealt with
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds absolutely fantastic. I can't wait. I can't wait to see graham. Is DTC going on graham norton aswell? ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    so yesterday before the schedule was released the anniversary week was ruined because it was announced the football is on and mo Monday ep.

today, the schedule is released and the anniversay week is going to brilliant! and everyones positive

how fickle!

so we find out the killer the day before the live, must be how the reveal is dealt with
    I have little niggles :p
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So which episode will Richard Blackwood debut in?. Could he be the drug dealer. Or Rainie's Pimp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    This all sounds brilliant. You know it's good when you start thinking about your own schedule and maybe getting out of things for a week. :D

I know live episodes have been done to death, but this all feels rather different across the week. I do like them. I like to see them for the mechanics of getting people from place to place too. I like to imagine the cast running around behind the scenes waiting for there bits too. Most people know now you don't walk through the Vic door and end up in the Vic for example. I would think things like that are a mind field to organise. I also love all the eagerness for a mistake 'oh he stopped then he forgot his line' when maybe they was just taking a dramatic pause :D
    Also the live segments feel different because they really can add what they want into them and keep a lot of things a secret and a surprise for all the viewers until it airs. I really think if soap is to survive it's the way forward. They seem to be really understanding this now at Eastenders. Back to when not every detail wasn't spoilt and known beforehand, or all the critics seeing the episodes first in press conferences teasing ect.

I really hope by having so many live segment bits each night, all the cast may get a chance of having a good scene and decent material at some point, instead of just piling everyone into the full Vic for an odd line wedding guests In the full live episode. Eastenders has a really strong cast and I'd like to see them have confidence as a strong ensemble with everyone getting a bit to do, like theatre almost, if that makes sense.

Really looking forward to the Graham Norton show and aftermath programme too.
    I really hope they pull it off p, everyone watches it and it goes really well.
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, fingers cross it's actually good and not a let down. However I've got high hopes from the New Years ep.

And hopefully the cast don't forget their lines!!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Graham Norton thing sounds great so i'll definitely be watching that!

Especially as the audience will be made up of past and present cast members. I can't wait.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,775
    Forum Member
    She's hungover.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    Yay! Can't wait :D

So is the reveal not actually in the live episode then? I thought the flashback would be after the live :confused:

The flashback after the live would be a bit anti climatic IMO, and people could choose wether to take or leave the flashback, based on the killer.

Having the live, which will be action packed at the end of the week, allows them to build momentum, etc... And is a much better idea!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kirby1981 wrote: »
    This all sounds brilliant. You know it's good when you start thinking about your own schedule and maybe getting out of things for a week. :D

I know live episodes have been done to death, but this all feels rather different across the week. I do like them. I like to see them for the mechanics of getting people from place to place too. I like to imagine the cast running around behind the scenes waiting for there bits too. Most people know now you don't walk through the Vic door and end up in the Vic for example. I would think things like that are a mind field to organise. I also love all the eagerness for a mistake 'oh he stopped then he forgot his line' when maybe they was just taking a dramatic pause :D
    Also the live segments feel different because they really can add what they want into them and keep a lot of things a secret and a surprise for all the viewers until it airs. I really think if soap is to survive it's the way forward. They seem to be really understanding this now at Eastenders. Back to when not every detail wasn't spoilt and known beforehand, or all the critics seeing the episodes first in press conferences teasing ect.

I really hope by having so many live segment bits each night, all the cast may get a chance of having a good scene and decent material at some point, instead of just piling everyone into the full Vic for an odd line wedding guests In the full live episode. Eastenders has a really strong cast and I'd like to see them have confidence as a strong ensemble with everyone getting a bit to do, like theatre almost, if that makes sense.

Really looking forward to the Graham Norton show and aftermath programme too.
    I really hope they pull it off p, everyone watches it and it goes really well.
    I booked the whole week off back in September :blush:
    I am not free any evenings and have no plans for the whole week.