Can you download live tv with Sky Go Extra?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
Forum Member
Hello
it's not clear to me if you can download live tv content (especially sports) or are you limited to catch up tv?
Thanks for your help

Comments

• ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mannik wrote: »
    Hello
    it's not clear to me if you can download live tv content (especially sports) or are you limited to catch up tv?
    Thanks for your help

You can download anything under the catch up, box sets, or Sky movies tabs (depending on your subscription)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    You can download anything under the catch up, box sets, or Sky movies tabs (depending on your subscription)
    Thanks for responding. Does that mean no download of live sports?
    Thanks
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mannik wrote: »
    Thanks for responding. Does that mean no download of live sports?
    Thanks

You can watch live sports if you subscribe to them but not record them if that is what you mean by download. Most people regard downloading as recording for later viewing. Downloads as such are restricted to on demand conten as above.
    Forum Member
    You can watch live sports if you subscribe to them but not record them if that is what you mean by download. Most people regard downloading as recording for later viewing. Downloads as such are restricted to on demand conten as above.

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant. It's a little disappointing that you can't record live sports on your computer when you're away from home. I don't really see the point of paying 5 quid a month just for being able to watch on demand content offline on 4 different computers. Unless you go to the boonies for prolonged periods or have a rather large family. Maybe I'm missing something....I guess market research was never my strong point.
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But surely you would just use your Sky+ box to record live stuff ? I only see Sky Go as somehting you use when you maybe away from home and watching 'live' or maybe dipping into catch up ?
    Forum Member
    swills wrote: »
    But surely you would just use your Sky+ box to record live stuff ? I only see Sky Go as somehting you use when you maybe away from home and watching 'live' or maybe dipping into catch up ?

Of course I use the box when I'm at home. But when I'm gone for a few days, I would want to, say, record live cricket and watch it later when I have time and am able to fast forward past ads and Alastair Cook's batting. On catch up there are only short round-ups including Cook's batting spells. ;-)