I feel Jake has been stiched up tonight...

smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think Jake has been undermarked tonight.... does not deserve to be in the bottom :(

Comments

• tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is not going on the tour so they will want him out
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I disagree, he was marked about right in my opinion, perhaps his ballroom could have got a 9 but apart from that, he was marked fairly. :)
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was the worst one tonight IMHO, so I think him being bottom was fair.

I think the positions on the leaderboard are fair - maybe individual scoring was off, but the end result was fair. Jake being bottom is probably not the worst thing anyway as it means everyone knows they have to vote.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Jake but his lack of technique spoke volumes tonight.
  • mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I think he is very lucky to have got this far his dancing is the poorest of the 5.
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    He has a partner that is more concerned with showcasing herself...rather than get him to be the best he can be. His marks were about right. He's probably the safest out of them all so it doesn't matter how he dances.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His position at the leaderboard is correct. He is by far the WORST left but will survive , SMH.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    he was by far the worst dancer tonight.

he probably won't go though. >:(
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. It is just that the judges upped their critiques this week, so exposing his relative lack of technique compared to the others more.

I certainly can't disagree with the judges Top 5 order this week.
  • PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    His showmanship has often meant the judges have overlooked his lack of technique. I think he's one of the weakest dancers left, and tonight the marks reflected that.
  • LogopolisLogopolis Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its obvious the judges (and this forum) don't like him
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    He's the worst dancer now, though I admire his performance skills. But he didn't shine tonight and deserved to be bottom of the board.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should be bottom of the leaderboard - his technique was not good (and neither was Janette's in the Viennese Waltz, much as I like her!)

I like him and Janette, they're a great couple and responsible for some of the most memorable dances this series, but he's by far the least technically proficient dancer left. The public vote may get him through, and he'll have to hope it does because in the dance-off he'd have to dance the Viennese Waltz, and against everyone else's best dance tonight that would spell big trouble for him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I didn't enjoy either dances tonight, and agree he should be on the bottom. Honestly don't think he's done a great dance since his salsa.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    I think Jake has been undermarked tonight.... does not deserve to be in the bottom :(

Jake was the worst dancer tonight after two dances.
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »
    His showmanship has often meant the judges have overlooked his lack of technique. I think he's one of the weakest dancers left, and tonight the marks reflected that.

Completely agree.

He will more than likely get through though
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Logopolis wrote: »
    Its obvious the judges (and this forum) don't like him

I really don't think that's true. I like his style a lot and I think he's delivered some of the most memorable performances this series. But that doesn't make him the best dancer, which is what the judges should be marking. If the public save him there'll be no complaints from me as I think he might deliver more entrainment in the final than, for e.g., Mark.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    By far the worst dancer left.
  • Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rightfully in bottom place, very lacklustre tonight
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »

Have to disagree. His cha cha cha was terrible - last week the heavily criticised Pixie for her leg movement, but never said a word about Jake when his were far far far worse.

As for his ballroom - it's been bad from the start of the series, and not improved.
  • PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »
    Completely agree.

He will more than likely get through though

Yes, I think he nailed his path to the final weeks ago with that salsa.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His position was correct on the board, but if his vote is a strong as it seems to be I think he might survive.....I agree about the tour comment.....all the others are touring. If he's bottom 2 he's gone (probably correctly) however of ALL of them left I want to see a Janette Showdance for Jake I think it would be spectacular.
  • WallyWall2013WallyWall2013 Posts: 1,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was by far the weakest tonight, sadly. :( I did think his V.Waltz deserved an extra point but other than that, I did agree with his scores. His lack of technique did show tonight.
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No stitch-up at all. I thought the judges summed him up well when they pointed out his great performance skills and poor technical skills (I paraphrase). If the public prefer his dancing to the more proficient contestants, then he'll make it to the final.

The leader-board reflects my opinions, so of course I agree with the judges. :)

ETA: The BBC does not run the tour; it's run under licence. CRH is involved with the production company that runs the tour, so he is the only one to have a stake in who stays or who goes. Seeing some conspiracy theory in the leader-board positions is just daft.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His position was correct on the board, but if his vote is a strong as it seems to be I think he might survive.....I agree about the tour comment.....all the others are touring. If he's bottom 2 he's gone (probably correctly) however of ALL of them left I want to see a Janette Showdance for Jake I think it would be spectacular.

Well Janette would be spectacular.
    Jake would probably stand in the middle, shaking his bum and trying to catch her like he was playing a giant game of pass the parcel.
    Or was that his salsa?