DS Fantasy Eurovision: Champion of Champions 2012

Comments

• PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    i sent that over Senza Riversera (San Marino Dublin) - and that got me a better result - but i like both :p
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Italian category is very strong.
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Alexos wrote: »
    Okay, Sunday to Saturday it is :)

Thanks Alexos, Are you ok with recaps or will you need me or Dylan to help? Also had Gwen done some recaps for the first few countries, I know she'd done the Aland Islands?
    Forum Member
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    Thanks Alexos, Are you ok with recaps or will you need me or Dylan to help? Also had Gwen done some recaps for the first few countries, I know she'd done the Aland Islands?

Yeah, I might need a hand with the recaps if you guys wouldn't mind. My Windows Movie Maker tends to crash whenever I try and save a project :sleep:

I probably won't be able to open A-E until Sunday evening due to work, but it won't be too late.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    Glad Gjan has got CoC - love her
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Here's the last few recaps for the first section of voting:

ISLE OF MAN

ISRAEL

ITALY

JERSEY
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    If we don't vote in every other country, we're disqualified right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    If we don't vote in every other country, we're disqualified right?

Read the rules.
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great recaps axg!!
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lebanon are lucky they have such an enormous diaspora. When was the last time they were actually represented by someone Lebanese?
    Forum Member
    Lebanon are lucky they have such an enormous diaspora. When was the last time they were actually represented by someone Lebanese?

Bratislava. They finished last... :D
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the any other recaps then need doing, I could a few for the next while if so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    Are the any other recaps then need doing, I could a few for the next while if so.

R-Z could do with a few :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    R-Z could do with a few :p
    Saturn wrote: »
    That's cool. I'll do R-Z and close it on the 28th then. I can't see people voting in time for the 27th. I'll try and do some recaps for them too :D

:p

I'll do a few of them so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL i've got until the end of next week :p
    Forum Member
    Do we have any done for Aland Islands-England yet? Just thinking that's opening on Sunday. I'm not sure if Gwen has done a few at the top, so maybe if Cuishla or someone could start at England and work upwards?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recaps for my section from Kazakhstan to Portugal are finished.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise the other contest had even finished :p
    Forum Member
    AxG wrote: »
    Recaps for my section from Kazakhstan to Portugal are finished.

Thanks AxG and Cuishla. :)

Thought I'd start off some reviews:

Estonia - It's not a bad selection, I don't really dislike any of the four. I know Kerli gets selected a lot but sometimes there's a reason for that, Zero Gravity is definitely the pick of the four for me.

Faroe Islands - I honesty never saw Electric Lady Lab as a potential winner at the time, but listening to it back it's a lot better than I gave it credit for. Between that and Bryan Rice for me, Aura Dione's ok but not a classic for her. A bit disappointed that the other Bryan Rice song and the Dreams song from Jurmala didn't qualify.

Finland - Hyperventilating's another one that I couldn't totally decide how much I liked at the time, I think I did give it points but possibly not big points in the final. I do love it now though. Really like Hanna Pakarinen and the second Jannika B song too. Strong year for Finland.

France - I think this is quite a poor selection for a country like France, some of their best songs have represented other countries this year. Marie-Mai is the best of the four for me.

Germany - I loved Closer by Mandy Capristo, Glasperlenspiel wasn't bad too. A pity that Unheilig didn't qualify, although at least we're spared Nica & Joe... :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    Thanks AxG. :)

Thought I'd start off some reviews:

Estonia - It's not a bad selection, I don't really dislike any of the four. I know Kerli gets selected a lot but sometimes there's a reason for that, Zero Gravity is definitely the pick of the four for me.

Faroe Islands - I honesty never saw Electric Lady Lab as a potential winner at the time, but listening to it back it's a lot better than I gave it credit for. Between that and Bryan Rice for me, Aura Dione's ok but not a classic for her. A bit disappointed that the other Bryan Rice song and the Dreams song from Jurmala didn't qualify.

Finland - Hyperventilating's another one that I couldn't totally decide how much I liked at the time, I think I did give it points but possibly not big points in the final. I do love it now though. Really like Hanna Pakarinen and the second Jannika B song too. Strong year for Finland.

France - I think this is quite a poor selection for a country like France, some of their best songs have represented other countries this year. Marie-Mai is the best of the four for me.

Germany - I loved Closer by Mandy Capristo, Glasperlenspiel wasn't bad too. A pity that Unheilig didn't qualify, although at least we're spared Nica & Joe... :p

I thought Finland had the best NF of the lot last year...

Music Everywhere, Missa Muruseni On, Livin' In A World Without You, Sama Nainen, En Haluu Kuolla Tänä Yönä

I think all 5 of those are better than the 5 this year.

That Bryan Rice song is really bad, the other one he had was better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »

Thanks Cuishla :p