Options

Benefits Britain, Life on the Dole - 9pm Channel 5 tonight..

Comments

• Options
    ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked the mother with 7 children.

As for the other mother.....thank goodness I don't live near her!
  • Options
    tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tattooed lady is scary beyond belief. I am going around my house checking all my doors are locked and I live several hundred miles away from her, thankfully, in a nice area.

Even her poor little dog seems miserable and scared.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    She is probably - no definitely - the worst mother we have seen on these shows since day dot. What a dreadful example she is to her children.

Her small kid using the C word right in front of her and she hardly battered an eyelid! Says is all.

Usually these programs I can take with a pinch of salt but this woman made me angry,
    The disgusting way she talked to her children and grandchildren made me so mad and the "mate" "mate" "mate" at them I wanted to punch her.
    Awful woman remind me not to watch that program again as I really did get angry Jimmy those poor children haven't a chance in life living and talking like she does,>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Makes me wonder how many gems like this I'm missing, since I see this FM's posts only if someone quotes him or her.

I'm so very sorry to butt in but how do you not see someone's posts? I'm new here recently so only just learning I have asked also a few times about multi quoting but no one has answered me :(
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nikki_Noo wrote: »
    I'm so very sorry to butt in but how do you not see someone's posts? I'm new here recently so only just learning I have asked also a few times about multi quoting but no one has answered me :(

You add someone to your ignore list if you do not want to see their posts.

Here is how to multi quote.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/78140-how-multi-quote-when-replying-thread-team-bhp.html
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you have someone on your 'ignore' list, you don't see their posts. Though you will see them if they're quoted in another post.

To multi-quote just click on the middle icon on the right, on every post you want to quote. When you get to the end of the thread, click "Add Reply".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    If you have someone on your 'ignore' list, you don't see their posts. Though you will see them if they're quoted in another post.

To multi-quote just click on the middle icon on the right, on every post you want to quote. When you get to the end of the thread, click "Add Reply".

Thank you very much re the quote I will try it out soon,as for putting someone on ignore I don't get it I'm sorry but how ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You add someone to your ignore list if you do not want to see their posts.

Here is how to multi quote.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/78140-how-multi-quote-when-replying-thread-team-bhp.html

My thank you very much this link helps me even better to understand multi quote and also quoting one line from someone but I may not ever do that one as it is slightly hard !
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much re the quote I will try it out soon,as for putting someone on ignore I don't get it I'm sorry but how ?

Click on their name, then click on "View Public Profile" and the option will be under the date they were last active (right hand side).
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragged up not brought up. i'm not referring to the kids of the mum that appeared to be trying her best, i'm referring to the kids of the smoking swearing tattoo queen. regardless of what folk on here or elsewhere think about folk getting on in life, not sitting on the dole, being motivated etc etc, it must be 10 ... no 100 times harder for kids brought up in environments like that. and don't all reply with 'that should be their motivation' which for some it possibly is, but i hazard a guess unless you're a very determined kid/young adult, being brought up like that is starting you off in almost the worst possible way in life.
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long watched this. That Hastings hag is a thoroughly abhorrent benefits scrounging oxygen thief who should be shot. Twice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long watched this. That Hastings hag is a thoroughly abhorrent benefits scrounging oxygen thief who should be shot. Twice.

and then for a third time, just to make absolutely sure.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on now... This dad has 14 children and is only 39...blimey.!!
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell am I paying taxes to support people who decide to have so many kids knowing full well that they are totally and utterly unable to support the kids themselves! What happened to taking responsibility?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a job than a big family like that. Unless I could get the wives to look after the kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would place a wager on the fact that polish guy leaves that woman as soon as he gets his benefits agreed - IF he gets them. I thought if you came over here from the EU you had to wait 24 months for benefits, or work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I would place a wager on the fact that polish guy leaves that woman as soon as he gets his benefits agreed - IF he gets them. I thought if you came over here from the EU you had to wait 24 months for benefits, or work.

The law probably hadn't come in when this was filmed.

The other bloke didn't fill in his WCA form and wonders why his benefits have been cut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least his home isI clean and tidy, and the kids are getting good home-cooked meals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The law probably hadn't come in when this was filmed.

The other bloke didn't fill in his WCA form and wonders why his benefits have been cut.

And he blames it on every deparment in the DWP except himself... He could have sent in the form and then sent in the other information when it arrived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least his home isI clean and tidy, and the kids are getting good home-cooked meals

Although that tinned mince did look debateable.. My two dogs canned food looked a bit better than that.. But I will give this guy his due, he does try and look after the children and has routine and rules etc ...
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least his home I clean and tidy, and the kids are getting good home-cooked meals

agreed. however i thought the portion sizes were way too big. they could have got another meal out of the pies they made by adding more veg as as a side
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That woman that has no food in, with her polish "boyfriend" of only a couple of months is making me seethe.. She has a bloody big swimming pool in the garden that she could sell, and a log cabin that her husband bought with her kids money, apparently, and of course they had the computer stuff stolen from it. I'm surprised she hasn't rented out the log cabin and make some extra money...
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Although that tinned mince did look debateable.. My two dogs canned food looked a bit better than that.. But I will give this guy his due, he does try and look after the children and has routine and rules etc ...

have only just tuned into this programme, but sure I heard them say he gets £1000:o a week for that lot..... sorry but I think they could find healthier options on that.... @riane probably give extra large portions to stop them eating between meals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can forgive the tinned mince as I think it was on special offer but at least there were lots of fresh veg. The kitchen was spotless and, as you say, there were rules and the kids had to help around the house. Considering the number of kids, the household is remarkably calm, with no shouting and swearing.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    That woman that has no food in, with her polish "boyfriend" of only a couple of months is making me seethe.. She has a bloody big swimming pool in the garden that she could sell, and a log cabin that her husband bought with her kids money, apparently, and of course they had the computer stuff stolen from it. I'm surprised she hasn't rented out the log cabin and make some extra money...

"making me seethe" too >:( she really is something else... gut wrenching