Options

Something for the weekend (merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
Forum Member
I've had to turn this off - its painful to watch!

Tim Lovejoy looks bored senseless, and is completely ignoring the Eastenders bimbo who's been drafted in to present the show.

I love it when women get jobs based on talent rather than looks or celebrity status. Hmmm.

I've been watching this for an hour, and Tim hasn't spoken or looked at her once! Tim is doing the interviews as if he's presenting solo.

Kellie is pasting on the cheesy fake enthusiasm, but it all looks forced.

Comments

• Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its usually funny tim and simon usually have a laugh, ive not watched today just switched on now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    haha..totally agree, just sent a message to the BBC making almost the same comments!!!
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually just logged on here because I was wondering whether anybody else was thinking the same as I was. Good God, the woman that's been drafted in is dreadful.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha..totally agree, just sent a message to the BBC making almost the same comments!!!
    They usually read some e-mails out at the end of the programme. Would be great if they read out:
    Tim - why do you always look bored stiff and ignore your talentless co-presenter?
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim Lovejoy's definitely giving the impression that he's pissed off to even be there.
  • Options
    Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine him to be quite an arrogant character to be honest, seems a bit full of himself in my opinion.

He's often quite rude or disinterested with all of his co presenters particularly the girl who does the technology or 'gadgets' section

He should think himself bloody lucky, if he doesnt want to work on the programme he could always get himself a job at a 24 hour petrol station, I think his attitude would fit in nicely there...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    They usually read some e-mails out at the end of the programme. Would be great if they read out:
    Tim - why do you always look bored stiff and ignore your talentless co-presenter?

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spent 20 minutes trying to remember who she was. She is rubbish just sits there batting her eyes and pouting her shiny lips. Nor really her fault, why give people jobs they are not qualified to do?
  • Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I just logged on to see if anyone was commenting on how bad this show has become.

I cringed when the felmale presenter - apologies I don't know her name - attempted to comment on the new Madness album. She obviously thougtht that chucking the work eclectic in there would make her sound informed. It didn't. I'm surprised she didn't try using seminal for good measure.

Then his mugging to the camera daughters. Sorry but if they can't do it properly......

Mabel stole the show!
  • Options
    MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Tim Lovejoy's definitely giving the impression that he's pissed off to even be there.

No change there from any other week - BBC need to get rid and get new team in - a team that will actually enjoy and be interested in presenting the programme and interviewing the guests = sick of them destroying what could be a good show :mad:
  • Options
    OrangyOrangy Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised Lovejoy looks fed up - the format of the show is exactly the same each week, even down to the segways in and out of links.

The show is good but they need to shake up the format a bit as it's getting a bit tired, move things around a bit. Other than that, it's almost a guaranteed watch here as there's little else on!
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie00353 wrote: »
    I've had to turn this off - its painful to watch!

Kellie is pasting on the cheesy fake enthusiasm, but it all looks forced.

She has been brought in coz Amanda "I think I am wonderful" Hamilton is off having her 2nd sprog

And I agree she is dreadful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always been crap. Tim Lovejoy is rude and thinks he's hilarious. He makes me cringe because most of his jokes fall flat, or a camerman will laugh to make him feel better. He always seems quite rude to the gadget woman aswell.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie Shirley has proven to be as bad at presenting as she is at acting.

A bizarre programme all round, it has to be said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangy wrote: »
    I'm not surprised Lovejoy looks fed up - the format of the show is exactly the same each week, even down to the segways in and out of links.

The show is good but they need to shake up the format a bit as it's getting a bit tired, move things around a bit. Other than that, it's almost a guaranteed watch here as there's little else on!

Lovejoy has been like that since the show started - someone forgot to tell him he wasn't on Soccer am anymore and that there would be folk who couldn't give a toss about football watching him - he is rude and talentless - and Amanda in just hopeless - I like Simon :)
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoDingle wrote: »
    ........... and Amanda is just hopeless
    No suprise she hasnt got a clue for example she named her first child Yonkers Joe and its a girl:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No suprise she hasnt got a clue for example she named her first child Yonkers Joe and its a girl:eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: poor wee kid - what an airhead she is :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    moogiechompymoogiechompy Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, her little girl is called Jana Grace, think someone was having a bit of wikimischief with Yonkers Joe :p
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marksw76 wrote: »
    I imagine him to be quite an arrogant character to be honest, seems a bit full of himself in my opinion.

He's often quite rude or disinterested with all of his co presenters particularly the girl who does the technology or 'gadgets' section

He should think himself bloody lucky, if he doesnt want to work on the programme he could always get himself a job at a 24 hour petrol station, I think his attitude would fit in nicely there...:rolleyes:
    Has anyone ever listened to him on the football phone in on Radio 5Live?
    He is exactly the same with the female co-presenter on that show too - Izzy.
    All the other hosts of the show interact with her really well, but Lovejoy all but ignores her - he seems really arrogant to me.
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marksw76 wrote: »

i use to like lovejoy in his soccer am days but if u saw him on celebrity juice u would have seen that he thinks he is too cool for school, and was too embarressed about joining in and laughing at himself! he definaely thought he was too good to be on celeb juice
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ye agree about celeb juice above.

I like it that it is structured coz most of the stuff they show now is awful so on a thursday i look at what they are cooking

Starter-10:03
    Main-10:30
    Dessert-10:50
    Lazy brunch-11:20
    Cocktails 11:01

I use to lik ethem showing the real hustle, the guests are pointless and dont bring anything. There is no point having singers if they are not going to perfom.They need to consider who there age range is. I do not care about animals ro stupid things like that. Different features are needed maybe a comedy in the middle
  • Options
    Satan's SonSatan's Son Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe lovejoy feels self conscious hence why he comes across as an obnoxious ****. I mean all the man seems to know or want to talk about is football!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    ye agree about celeb juice above.

I like it that it is structured coz most of the stuff they show now is awful so on a thursday i look at what they are cooking

Starter-10:03
    Main-10:30
    Dessert-10:50
    Lazy brunch-11:20
    Cocktails 11:01

I use to lik ethem showing the real hustle, the guests are pointless and dont bring anything. There is no point having singers if they are not going to perfom.They need to consider who there age range is. I do not care about animals ro stupid things like that. Different features are needed maybe a comedy in the middle
    If i'm going to watch it I watch it on iPlayer. I usually watch the starter, main, brunch, cocktails and gadgets. I will watch the interviews if they interest me. I skip the rest.

I'm usually of the opinion that if a person has spent their carreer being an presenter/interviewer then they should take precedence when a gig like this popped up. How cone they always get in a pop star or actress with no presenting skill whatsoever?

Saying that, Emma Bunton was suprisingly ok.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovejoy is the self-professed No.1 football fan in the world, innit??! :yawn:

He just comes across as a complete plonker.
  • Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Simon, but if I hear another mention of Tim's bluddy non existent dinner parties I will scream

This week was to have been my last. But i quite like Richard Bacon and Jenny Flaconer so will probably watch next week.