Ryan Tedder needs to rejuvanate! Kelly Clarkson's new single sounds like Halo's Twin!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z082xUBdzrM

This is Kelly Clarkson's new single 'Already Gone', it sounds just like Beyonce's Halo. Ryan used nearly the same beat for both tracks, he needs to come up with a different sound. Kelly's album was printing when Beyonce's 1st came out so it's not like she's copying.

But....Well listen for yourself!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the story is that kelly and Ryan recorded ALready GOne, some how beyonce heard it and demanded a song just like it. she rushed released Halo before Kelly could release Already Gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Clarkson isn't happy about it apparently, she doesn't want it released as the third single but has no say in it :(
    They do sound really similar, though I think 'Already Gone' is better than 'Halo'. I don't think Tedder's that great a songwriter to be honest...
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Ajay14 wrote: »
    Kelly Clarkson isn't happy about it apparently, she doesn't want it released as the third single but has no say in it :(
    They do sound really similar, though I think 'Already Gone' is better than 'Halo'. I don't think Tedder's that great a songwriter to be honest...

I love this song and so glad its a single. I dont even like Halo and think Beyonce is so over hyped its a joke, she is everywhere you go and is now so arrogent she trys to steal Kelly's thunder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jj99 wrote: »
    the story is that kelly and Ryan recorded ALready GOne, some how beyonce heard it and demanded a song just like it. she rushed released Halo before Kelly could release Already Gone.

That's not true. The song was written for Leona Lewis and she didn't have time to record it so was then given to Beyonce who had approached Tedder already after the success of Bleeding Love and wanted something similar
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    I love this song and so glad its a single. I dont even like Halo and think Beyonce is so over hyped its a joke, she is everywhere you go and is now so arrogent she trys to steal Kelly's thunder.

How did she try to steal Kelly's thunder?
    Forum Member
    How did she try to steal Kelly's thunder?

The fact she had to go and copy Kelly and make a song that is nearly the same as Kelly's song and then on top of that rushes out her single before Kelly so then most people believe Kelly copied her when it was other way around.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    The fact she had to go and copy Kelly and make a song that is nearly the same as Kelly's song and then on top of that rushes out her single before Kelly so then most people believe Kelly copied her when it was other way around.

WTF?

Beyonce isn't even involved in this!

It was part of the album that is released on a certain date, so how the hell would she rush it. She didn't even have it as a first single!!!!!!!!

Halo was already a song way before Beyonce talked to Ryan, Halo was first offered to Leona.

The issue is between kelly and Ryan
    Forum Member
    asyousay - Ryan Tedder wrote and produced both songs so it's his fault. Beyoncé didn't rush any release as da3bool said. Beyoncé isn't going to steal her thunder because Halo is over and she has a new song out. You need to get your facts straight.
    Forum Member
    asyousay - Ryan Tedder wrote and produced both songs so it's his fault. Beyoncé didn't rush any release as da3bool said. Beyoncé isn't going to steal her thunder because Halo is over and she has a new song out. You need to get your facts straight.

Beyonce heard already gone and asked Ryan to do a song like it. So yes its Beyonce and i am pretty sure she has some control on singles and so on, which is why Kelly is not happy.
    Forum Member
    It's her record company and Ryan Tedder she isn't happy with. Not Beyoncé.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a shame for Kelly. Halo's brilliant but it didn't become a *massive* hit, so I don't know why Already Gone is being released anyway since it's a lot like Halo. They should release Cry as her 3rd single imo.
  • JoJo2JoJo2 Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pharoah wrote: »
    That's not true. The song was written for Leona Lewis and she didn't have time to record it so was then given to Beyonce who had approached Tedder already after the success of Bleeding Love and wanted something similar

What are you talking about? We're talking about the instrumentation, not the actual song or who that was written for.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    People trying to put Beyonce down again I see :rolleyes:
  • JoJo2JoJo2 Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    People trying to put Beyonce down again I see :rolleyes:

Well when you make a career out of ripping everyone off, telling blatant lies and being a hugely egotistical monster, what on earth do you expect?
    Forum Member
    She didn't rip anyone off, she's not an 'egotistical monster' and what lies are you talking about? OK, she may have said she wrote Irreplaceable, but that was quickly sorted out and it was 2 or 3 years ago.
    Forum Member
    JoJo2 wrote: »
    Well when you make a career out of ripping everyone off, telling blatant lies and being a hugely egotistical monster, what on earth do you expect?

How is she an egotistical monster? All the celebs and people like Leona, Alexandra etc say how shes humble and such a nice person she is.
    Forum Member
    As da3bool already posted in Leona's Appreciation Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRm76miHpiA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    da3bool wrote: »
    WTF?

Beyonce isn't even involved in this!

It was part of the album that is released on a certain date, so how the hell would she rush it. She didn't even have it as a first single!!!!!!!!

Halo was already a song way before Beyonce talked to Ryan, Halo was first offered to Leona.

The issue is between kelly and Ryan

And somehow Beyonce has a writing credit on it ;) Probably for changing a word or a 'the'.

But you're right it's not Beyonce's fault. Ryan Tedder is to blame here. When Beyonce came to him and demanded a song like Already Gone he should've said no. But again it could've been Matthew Knowles and his clout putting pressure and blackmailing him as he has done for years.

The two songs sound identical, no wonder Kelly is angry:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/631370856470f5a8

MikePJB wrote: »
    How is she an egotistical monster? All the celebs and people like Leona, Alexandra etc say how shes humble and such a nice person she is.

Do you expect another artist to criticize Beyonce publicly ? If you cross Matthew Knowles you will face roadblocks for the rest of your career. Leona would never say anything bad about anyone publicly and as far as I know Alexandra is a Beyonce groupie.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just the same as Leona's Better In Time, which is probably why she never ended up using it.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    It's just the same as Leona's Better In Time, which is probably why she never ended up using it.

Do you mean Take A Bow because Better In Time is nothing like any of these songs being discussed and it wasn't produced by Tedder.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mm83 wrote: »
    And somehow Beyonce has a writing credit on it ;) Probably for changing a word or a 'the'.

But you're right it's not Beyonce's fault. Ryan Tedder is to blame here. When Beyonce came to him and demanded a song like Already Gone he should've said no. But again it could've been Matthew Knowles and his clout putting pressure and blackmailing him as he has done for years.

The two songs sound identical, no wonder Kelly is angry:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/631370856470f5a8

Do you expect another artist to criticize Beyonce publicly ? If you cross Matthew Knowles you will face roadblocks for the rest of your career. Leona would never say anything bad about anyone publicly and as far as I know Alexandra is a Beyonce groupie.

Here we go again with the Beyonce bashing

third thread today :D

were you in the studio with them when they met? have you heard the previous Halo and compared to the final product? Did you compare them together and made sure there were no differences? Simply No, so Beyonce has co-written Halo after making some changes to it. :)

Second thing. You are talking about Matthew Knowles as if he is the owner of Sony or some kind of influential man in music. He is simply Beyonce's and Destiny's Child Manager.

Third point. Beyonce's personality is there for all to see. She is one of the most humble celebrities you'll find. All celebrities from Bono to Britney to Mary O Blige to Mariah Carey to Ciara to Pink to Rihanna to Leona Lewis to Alexandra to katy Perry to Kanye West to George Michael to Shantelle to Rich Girls to John Legend to Shakira to Michael jackson and many many more have said how a great person she is.

I suggest you look at this interview of many and tell me she's a nasty person.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI-W4fWEiYA

You could find many clips in youtube of Beyonce interacting with her fans.

My hands are sore today lol :D
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Interesting post from a while ago about AG/Halo:
    About the Kelly Clarkson/Beyonce thing:

It's true that Halo was restructured to be similar to Already Gone. Tedder has stated this himself. What's also interesting are the writing credits for both songs.

HALO
    Comp-Auth TEDDER RYAN B 30.00 ASCAP
    Comp-Auth KNOWLES BEYONCE GISSELLE 7.50 ASCAP
    Comp-Auth BOGART EVAN KIDD 12.50 BMI

These credits add up to 50% with the other 50% going to the publishing company. Notice Beyonce's input.

Kelly has a better publishing deal for her work with Ryan so only 30% goes to the publishing company. Here are the credits for Already Gone:

ALREADY GONE
    Comp-Auth CLARKSON KELLY BRIANNE 40.00 ASCAP
    Comp-Auth TEDDER RYAN B 30.00 ASCAP

As you can see, Kelly had more of a hand in writing Already Gone than Ryan did. These credits suggest that she wrote all of the lyrics and must have came up with the melody too with Ryan composing the music. It's also interesting to note that on her other collaborations with Tedder, Clarkson has a bigger writing credit than he has.

Beyonce has a small credit on Halo which suggests she may have written a verse.In no way shape or form is Kelly ripping off Beyonce no matter how similar the songs are.

Ryan Tedder has stated himself that he re-worked Halo to be more similar to Already Gone after Beyonce heard the latter song and "demanded a song like it"
    Forum Member
    mm83 wrote: »

That's bull. No-one is forced to say they like her. Matthew can't do something about someone having their own opinion of a person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    JoJo2 wrote: »

..And you know this first hand. A fly on the wall huh? Or the other prodical daughter... :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he gave them both the same track to write to, although that doesn't make sense if 'Halo', I'm guessing the song and not the track alone, was offered to Leona first.