Options

Nostalgia Question.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK, the other week something odd happened.

My mum had dug out the old photo album of which every family has :p , and I came through to have a look at some old photos and stuff.

I looked back at photos taken at my 7th birthday, and I noticed that I only recognised about a quarter of my friends who attended. To be honest we all looked so much younger than I remember (and also quite scruffy) and I can always remember my friends and I being a lot cuter, but I didn't recognise a lot of people, and my mum had to remind me of who some o them were.

Is that even normal, or is it just rose tinted glasses? :blush:

Comments

• Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough I was looking back on old school classroom photos. I didn't recognize a lot of the faces although we went through Primary school together. :(
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    "I can always remember my friends and I being a lot cuter"

LOL you remember yourself being cute? no that's not normal.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I'm sure we all have memories from childhood which have been distorted over time. It's human nature.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    The real problem occurs when you cease to recognise yourself in old photographs
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Our generation were at school during ww2 but regretfully I dont have any photos of any of my old classmates, but can still picture most of them in my mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    Strangely enough I was looking back on old school classroom photos. I didn't recognize a lot of the faces although we went through Primary school together. :(

Well, I can remember all the names and I thought i knew their faces but apparently not :p
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem remembering anyone from old photos, I do have a somewhat eidetic memory.
  • Options
    Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem remembering anyone from old photos, I do have a somewhat eidetic memory.

What be that then guvnor ?

The Big Bang Theory has a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have that problem with university and family photos.

Photos of school kids on the other hand? Impossible to forget. I was with them 24/7 for six weeks every term. I forget most teachers' names now, though.