Assassins Creed : Unity

1242526272830»

Comments

• SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently collecting the fragments for that assassins outfit in the basement

Yes, that was another annoyingly long winded task.
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that was another annoyingly long winded task.

Now doing the social club missions.Trying not to move on to the DC till I have cleared up the majority of this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now doing the social club missions.Trying not to move on to the DC till I have cleared up the majority of this

That was my tactic.
    I didn't want to get into the DLC till I'd done everything in the main game.

I need to replay 4 of the co-op missions a couple of times to get the rewards.
    Then it's just the annoying rift level, Medieval Battlefield where I need the bonus. I've already got the 1000G but I want it to also say 100% sync instead of 99% sync at the moment.

You finished the Nostradamus fragments then?
    I was annoyed to spend ages going round collecting the clues which then led on to the fragments to find out that once you've got them all and opened the doors you don't get the armour straight away. More puzzles to solve!! The first 2 were straight forward but the steam one annoyed me for a day or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was my tactic.
    I didn't want to get into the DLC till I'd done everything in the main game.

I need to replay 4 of the co-op missions a couple of times to get the rewards.
    Then it's just the annoying rift level, Medieval Battlefield where I need the bonus. I've already got the 1000G but I want it to also say 100% sync instead of 99% sync at the moment.

You finished the Nostradamus fragments then?
    I was annoyed to spend ages going round collecting the clues which then led on to the fragments to find out that once you've got them all and opened the doors you don't get the armour straight away. More puzzles to solve!! The first 2 were straight forward but the steam one annoyed me for a day or two.

I'll admit, I have the strategy guide which is handy for finding the Nostradamus fragments but useless on that ruddy steam room. I think it was the controls or the fact Arno wouldn't bloody move when I wanted him to, or he would just hand there like a numpty.

I need to go back and replay sections of the game to get 100% sync on the chapters. Should keep me occupied till Batman:Arkham knight comes out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll admit, I have the strategy guide which is handy for finding the Nostradamus fragments but useless on that ruddy steam room. I think it was the controls or the fact Arno wouldn't bloody move when I wanted him to, or he would just hand there like a numpty.

I need to go back and replay sections of the game to get 100% sync on the chapters. Should keep me occupied till Batman:Arkham knight comes out

There's definitely a problem with the controls which seems to be a bit random.
    It's annoying enough when Arno is free-running and then suddenly seems to get superglued to what he's grabbed on to but it became infuriating on something like the steam puzzle where you have to time things right or it goes wrong.

It never seems to happen in the same place either. Sometimes you can be running around for ages without a problem then you grab a ledge and it starts playing up.
    Another thing that I found annoying is how they've made both the buttons for up and down free running activate the leap of faith. I've had a numbmer of occasions where I've been up high and I'm jumping up using the free run up button only to have Arno suddenly perform a leap of faith into a nearby hay bale. When you're trying to creep around up high on a building the last thing you need is to be dropped down into an area where there are loads of guards that you were trying to thin out by taking them out from up high!! >:(

I just hope they iron out a lot of these niggles for Victory because on the whole Unity has been quite a good game in the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's definitely a problem with the controls which seems to be a bit random.
    It's annoying enough when Arno is free-running and then suddenly seems to get superglued to what he's grabbed on to but it became infuriating on something like the steam puzzle where you have to time things right or it goes wrong.

It never seems to happen in the same place either. Sometimes you can be running around for ages without a problem then you grab a ledge and it starts playing up.
    Another thing that I found annoying is how they've made both the buttons for up and down free running activate the leap of faith. I've had a numbmer of occasions where I've been up high and I'm jumping up using the free run up button only to have Arno suddenly perform a leap of faith into a nearby hay bale. When you're trying to creep around up high on a building the last thing you need is to be dropped down into an area where there are loads of guards that you were trying to thin out by taking them out from up high!! >:(

I just hope they iron out a lot of these niggles for Victory because on the whole Unity has been quite a good game in the series.

I'm not sure which platform you are using, but I'm on a PS4. It was running ok and then they instigated patches which seemed to make my gme playing worse.

I agree on the whole leap of faith, Arno ignoring what you want to do and pleasing himself aspect. The controls are really bad and I find I am missing the picking up bodies to set up traps and whistling from hiding spots to attract guards. I loved this aspect of the previous game.

Unity is massive and there is alot of potential but this game has proven to be buggy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which platform you are using, but I'm on a PS4. It was running ok and then they instigated patches which seemed to make my gme playing worse.

I agree on the whole leap of faith, Arno ignoring what you want to do and pleasing himself aspect. The controls are really bad and I find I am missing the picking up bodies to set up traps and whistling from hiding spots to attract guards. I loved this aspect of the previous game.

Unity is massive and there is alot of potential but this game has proven to be buggy

I'm on Xbox One.

No sure why they got rid of the picking up bodis and whistling aspects as it makes the kill from cover more difficult to use unless the guard happens to be walking in your direction anyway.

I noticed early on there was a guard patrolling along the top walkway inside Notre Dame. He'd walk back and forth and keep stopping at the same corner. I went in to cover at the corner and waited for him to return.... only to find that although his route reached the corner itself he was about a metre awa from the edge of the wall and so out of range to do the cover kill.... annoying!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on Xbox One.

No sure why they got rid of the picking up bodis and whistling aspects as it makes the kill from cover more difficult to use unless the guard happens to be walking in your direction anyway.

I noticed early on there was a guard patrolling along the top walkway inside Notre Dame. He'd walk back and forth and keep stopping at the same corner. I went in to cover at the corner and waited for him to return.... only to find that although his route reached the corner itself he was about a metre awa from the edge of the wall and so out of range to do the cover kill.... annoying!!

I remember when I first started playing Unity and I was hiding in a haystack, I kept looking for the whistle button. lol.

I am now playing the Co-Op missions in private to get the sync points.

Trying to get most of the trophies. I won't get the co-op ones though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing the co-op missions in private but then moved online with randoms.

It can actually make the sync points easier as they are revealed on the map straight away if the people you're playing with have already got them from previous playthroughs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started playing the co-op missions in private but then moved online with randoms.

It can actually make the sync points easier as they are revealed on the map straight away if the people you're playing with have already got them from previous playthroughs.

I'm kind of cheating and using a guide to find them.:blush: online isn't really my fave. I'm happy that Batman: Arkham Knight doesn't have this. I may have a chance at getting platinum with it
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does the 2.5d thing get released? I thought I read somewhere it was this month?
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tried Chronicles - China yet? It's available on the PSN store (and I presume xbox store). I've set it to download but i'm out for the day.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Anyone tried Chronicles - China yet? It's available on the PSN store (and I presume xbox store). I've set it to download but i'm out for the day.

It's set to download. When It'll get done is another question.

Still only 25% through Unity. Haven't touched it since last year. Need to get back to it at some point soon.

I still haven't started Liberation either.

I am so lazy with AC games these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's set to download. When It'll get done is another question.

Still only 25% through Unity. Haven't touched it since last year. Need to get back to it at some point soon.

I am so lazy with AC games these days.

There is so much to do in these games now it can become a bit of a grind.
    I found during Unity i'd spend a week trying to get things completed then start getting bored and then leaving it for a few weeks before coming back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got back into this over the weekend and started playing the DLC. Did a few sequences.
    The map is still fairly big especially with the underground part. Got most of the collectibles but a few stragglers to pick up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got back into this over the weekend and started playing the DLC. Did a few sequences.
    The map is still fairly big especially with the underground part. Got most of the collectibles but a few stragglers to pick up.

I'm still working through trying to get the trophies I need or can get. I know I won't get some of the co-op ones, but if I get all the single player ones I'll be happy
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I'm still working through trying to get the trophies I need or can get. I know I won't get some of the co-op ones, but if I get all the single player ones I'll be happy

Why not? I managed it and I hate having to rely on co-op. All the sync points can be done solo with a guide to know when the right time is to get the next sync point in the mission. Although I had to do that mission with the mini-games a couple of times with randoms, because I kept running out of time on that flag game and it was too stressful.

Then it's mainly just the sync kills and reviving a partner - I did that with a few repetitions of that easier co-op mission that takes place mostly in the market place and involves following an NPC woman for some of it. You don't even have to be around the other players for the sync kills, any big fights and the double, triple, quad kill pop-ups will start racking up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Why not? I managed it and I hate having to rely on co-op. All the sync points can be done solo with a guide to know when the right time is to get the next sync point in the mission. Although I had to do that mission with the mini-games a couple of times with randoms, because I kept running out of time on that flag game and it was too stressful.

Then it's mainly just the sync kills and reviving a partner - I did that with a few repetitions of that easier co-op mission that takes place mostly in the market place and involves following an NPC woman for some of it. You don't even have to be around the other players for the sync kills, any big fights and the double, triple, quad kill pop-ups will start racking up.

I have the revive someone because i played co-op really early on so managed to do that, but it seems not as many people are playing it now. I'm currently playing the co-op games solo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Had a look at Liberation on the store last night as there's only that and the new Chronicles game I haven't got. Liberation is still £15.99! Think I'll wait for a price drop or hope it gets included in a Deals With Gold promotion.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a look at Liberation on the store last night as there's only that and the new Chronicles game I haven't got. Liberation is still £15.99! Think I'll wait for a price drop or hope it gets included in a Deals With Gold promotion.

I got it in some deal or other for half price. It should appear on D/GwG again by end of this year. Maybe when Victory is out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it in some deal or other for half price. It should appear on D/GwG again by end of this year. Maybe when Victory is out.

Yeh, I hope so.

I wondered if there was a disc version so I could get it off eBay but it appears that it was only bundled together with AC3 & AC4 in a version called The American Saga.

I've already got AC3/AC4 so it would be pointless getting that!
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started playing ACU this week and while I am enjoying the standard running and climb around the whole game is a little disappointing as its feels very unfinished compared to other AC games.

I do like the city and setting and really like the new free-run controls. Now having a free-run down option makes me wonder why its taken this long to get a good controlled way to climb down from buildings. But that's about it for the good points.

The story feels pretty generic (Only on chapter 6 so far) and there seems a major lack of connection to the present day like other AC games. I am really missing certain features like been able to lure enemies over to hiding spots and been able to move bodies. I miss the building of your home ect, the Cafe which is the closes to this had a mere 5 missions before it was complete.

On the whole it just feels like a cookie cutter AC game with no heart. I think I enjoyed AC3 more than this game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    The story feels pretty generic (Only on chapter 6 so far) and there seems a major lack of connection to the present day like other AC games.

The modern day element has taken a bit of a nosedive since they killed off Desmond in AC3. I quite like the idea of infiltrating Abstergo in the present day but there seems to be no aim to whats going on and it feels like it's being made up as they go along.