Options

Disney Infinity questions

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm thinking of buying Disney Infinity 2.0 tomorrow and I have a few questions about compatibility

Would I be able to play the playsets (story mode) from Disney Infinity 1.0 with the 2.0 equipment? and if I can what would I need? just characters from the first game and the game disk?

Also is there anything else I should buy when I get the game?

Comments

• Options
    highwayman_nehighwayman_ne Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I believe you can use the Infinity 1 figures only in the Toy Box of Infinity 2 i.e. no story based play.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a children's game isn't it?
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »

So what if it is? It's up to the poster what he or she plays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe you can use the Infinity 1 figures only in the Toy Box of Infinity 2 i.e. no story based play.

Yeah this is right I ended up just asking in a bunch of shops

Well I'm having fun with it so does it matter, It's not all about playing 'Adult' games like GTA etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what if it is? It's up to the poster what he or she plays.

Just asking, I have no idea about it.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Disney infinity 3.0 (star wars) got announced earlier on this week. I'd either wait for that as it's backwards compatible with the other 2 or wait for the inevitable price drop of 2.0.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    You can use any of the figures in the Toy Box mode (free play, make your own worlds)

If you want to use the Playsets, that you need the playset piece to use, then they are only compatible with the version they were released for.
    eg, to play the Toy Story playset, you need Infinity v1.0
    to play the Guardians of the Galaxy playset, you need Infinity v2.0

As far as I am aware, the base you put the figures on is the same for 1 and 2 (and, presumably 3).

It's a shame you can't just buy the software alone, my son has Infinity 1.0 on the XBox (which died) and 2.0 on the PS3.
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member

Does it really matter? ;-) I play Lego Batman 3 and that's a kids game, I am not bothered what age group the game is aimed at providing it's fun to play.

They could add Barbie and Ken to Disney Infinity and I would play that to providing it was fun, I am not fused when it comes to games, if the contents fun then it's all good. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I wrote earlier, I was asking as I have no idea what it's about.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it really matter? ;-) I play Lego Batman 3 and that's a kids game, I am not bothered what age group the game is aimed at providing it's fun to play.

I wouldn't call the LEGO games 'kids games'. I think they're more family games (IE: games for everyone).
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I wrote earlier, I was asking as I have no idea what it's about.

i kind of agree..as much as i appreciate the collectibility of the figures and i know Thomas likes his games..

my 11 year olds done with it and the figures have cost a fair bit...
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They could add Barbie and Ken to Disney Infinity and I would play that to providing it was fun, I am not fused when it comes to games, if the contents fun then it's all good. :D

Lego games are not really kids games...

Disney Infinity is a kids game..so just put the portal away when you bring a bird back..

hey i collect Amiibos....and had a bit of a hot date last week...

i hid them.. i admit it
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can use any of the figures in the Toy Box mode (free play, make your own worlds)

If you want to use the Playsets, that you need the playset piece to use, then they are only compatible with the version they were released for.
    eg, to play the Toy Story playset, you need Infinity v1.0
    to play the Guardians of the Galaxy playset, you need Infinity v2.0

As far as I am aware, the base you put the figures on is the same for 1 and 2 (and, presumably 3).

It's a shame you can't just buy the software alone, my son has Infinity 1.0 on the XBox (which died) and 2.0 on the PS3.

you can can't you? I know 3.0 is available as software only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grilli wrote: »
    you can can't you? I know 3.0 is available as software only.

3.0 is the first time the software will be able on it's own