Options

talkSPORT 2

Comments

• Options
    Mark MMark M Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mavreela wrote: »
    Prodigal means wastefully extravagant. The parable of the prodigal son is about a son who wasted his inheritance so returned home to repent his prodigal ways but is forgiven by his father who is glad to have his son back

Although even on that basis I have no idea how it makes TalkSport 2 "the prodigal son of all radio stations". Being a prodigal son is not exactly something you would boast of being.

Exactly what I thought. I suspect someone at TalkSport thinks it means something else.
  • Options
    vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,359
    Forum Member
    DavidT wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if Talksport 2 etc will be available on the Huntshaw Cross transmitter in north Devon please? I thought this would be easy to Google but I'm going around in circles trying to find a clear answer. Can find nothing by retuning at present.
    http://www.getdigitalradio.com/whats-on-dab/at-your-address/ should tell you if you can pick it up or not.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    http://www.getdigitalradio.com/whats-on-dab/at-your-address/ should tell you if you can pick it up or not.

Thanks, I've already tried that site. It only shows what I get now with no mention of forthcoming stations. That probably means I can't get them but it doesn't actually say either way. Just hoping something would say one way or the other.
  • Options
    radamfiradamfi Posts: 14,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could anyone tell me if Talksport 2 etc will be available on the Huntshaw Cross transmitter in north Devon please? I thought this would be easy to Google but I'm going around in circles trying to find a clear answer. Can find nothing by retuning at present.

They have no transmitters in Devon.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the schedule been published yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The test transmissions has been considerably lengthened in the last hour to include sample commentaries and to say it starts "next Tuesday", rather than 15 March.
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I've already tried that site. It only shows what I get now with no mention of forthcoming stations. That probably means I can't get them but it doesn't actually say either way. Just hoping something would say one way or the other.

The checker tells you what you can get, not what you can't get!

If it's not listed then (generally) you won't get it.

In North Devon you might get Talksport 2 if you live along the northern coastline with a clear view of the Welsh Transmitters at Wenvoe & Kilvey Hill.

But Huntshaw Cross will not be transmitting the Sound Digital Mux.
  • Options
    ErwinErwin Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live webstream for those outside of the DAB broadcast area. lsn.to/TS2

Stream isn't working.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Erwin wrote: »
    Stream isn't working.
    It probably won't work if you're outside the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think they block something right now before launch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The regular Talksport stream is working fine though, so this Talksport 2 stream is currently offline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The regular Talksport stream is working fine though, so this Talksport 2 stream is currently offline.

It's been fine today and yesterday.
    How are you listening?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VLC player in the browser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just tried on VLC on my mobile and it works.
    Are you clicking on the desktop link when you get to the page to launch VLC?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the link opens in my browser, not in the normal VLC player. But the regular Talksport (1) is also not playing in my browser I just checked. But the popup player on the website is normaly working. So I guess it's the m3u. I'm using a Mac.
    Maybe there is a direct URL for this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Copy and paste the desktop link and use VLC outside of your browser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not working...
  • Options
    mavreelamavreela Posts: 4,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess it's the m3u. I'm using a Mac.
    Maybe there is a direct URL for this?

I am using a Mac (on OS X 10.9.5) and the m3u link is working for me, both in Safari and copied into VLC.

The link inside the m3u file is:

http://radio.talksport.com/stream2?ref=rf

Which also works for me in browser and VLC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mavreela wrote: »
    I am using a Mac (on OS X 10.9.5) and the m3u link is working for me, both in Safari and copied into VLC.

The link inside the m3u file is:

Which also works for me in browser and VLC.

"The file you requested could not be found"...
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The checker tells you what you can get, not what you can't get!

If it's not listed then (generally) you won't get it.

In North Devon you might get Talksport 2 if you live along the northern coastline with a clear view of the Welsh Transmitters at Wenvoe & Kilvey Hill.

But Huntshaw Cross will not be transmitting the Sound Digital Mux.

Thanks. I knew that as such but as they are "forthcoming" rather than existing channels it wasn't totally clear (to me at least!) if they were included. It talks of channels you can get which as they haven't launched yet might not have included the new ones. I do pick up Welsh transmitters here but I couldn't tell you which ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I try it with a VPN and it is working fine, but I guess this stream is not the official stream. This is a stream from radiofeeds itself, they using geoblocking streams. The regular Sporttalk stream works fine on their website in the radioplayer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I try it with a VPN and it is working fine
    Turns out it was a problem at your end after all.
    I guess this stream is not the official stream. This is a stream from radiofeeds itself.
    It's the official stream. Just had to put it in a playlist file so it would launch media players properly. Otherwise you get some odd effects, like downloading an unending file, or playing inside a browser, etc..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out it was a problem at your end after all.

It's the official stream. Just had to put it in a playlist file so it would launch media players properly. Otherwise you get some odd effects, like downloading an unending file, or playing inside a browser, etc..

No it's not my problem. They don't play this stream not outside the UK, so it's their problem....Don't know why because it's speech and the other sporttalkstation I can hear normaly without a VPN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I really need to use the whole link?

http://radio.talksport.com/stream2

(so without the ?ref=rf bit at the end) works fine for me
  • Options
    mavreelamavreela Posts: 4,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote: »
    Do I really need to use the whole link?

(so without the ?ref=rf bit at the end) works fine for me

I would confidently assume "ref=rf" means "referrer = radio feeds." So not needed, but added just to tell TalkSport which site their listeners are coming from.