Options

why did they HAVE to put white dee in CBB??

Comments

• Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ 1000 times THIS. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If only more people on here were like this. I, like you, am happy for my taxes and National Insurance to pay for a 'safety net' for the most vulnerable. After all, we never know when WE might need to draw out of it.

Very true, people do not look past the end of their noses do they?

I didn't watch Benefits Street (besides I would never judge any HM based on their past) but I have to say I liked Dee immediately when she said in her VT that if she (and the rest of the cast) had known they were going to call the programme Benefits Street they would never have agreed to appearing on it. That says it all for me regarding the press and TV's manipulation of the GBP, and so many people fall for it ...:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to assume how she paid it back, but let's just satisfy your bitter tone, and assume that she did use benefits.

That would be the benefits she was paid, from the system she had paid into when working and paying taxes.

Or do you think she should have been stripped of them, turfed out on the street, and left to rot in the gutter, enduring a slow and painful death due to starvation and pneumonia?

Would that make you feel better?

She paid for her crime ? She was given an 8 month suspended sentence, how is that paying for her crime ? Considering that part of the money she stole was envelopes that contained the personal money of mentally challenged clients that had given their envelopes in to their social workers to keep safe for them, I think she's a bloody awful woman !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Very true, people do not look past the end of their noses do they?

I didn't watch Benefits Street (besides I would never judge any HM based on their past) but I have to say I liked Dee immediately when she said in her VT that if she (and the rest of the cast) had known they were going to call the programme Benefits Street they would never have agreed to appearing on it. That says it all for me regarding the press and TV's manipulation of the GBP, and so many people fall for it ...:(

Thank you for this post, after reading on here this morning I was beginning to think cold blooded reptiles had taken over the forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    She paid for her crime ? She was given an 8 month suspended sentence, how is that paying for her crime ? Considering that part of the money she stole was envelopes that contained the personal money of mentally challenged clients that had given their envelopes in to their social workers to keep safe for them, I think she's a bloody awful woman !

The electric chair more preferable to you also?
  • Options
    I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch benefits street but I knew who she was. I've got to admit that on night one she was my least favourite due to what I had read about her. But she does seem ok so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The electric chair more preferable to you also?

I couldn't care less about her having been on benefits, I cannot bring myself to like anyone though that deliberately steals from the defenceless in our midst. If you think that sort of thing is fine then that's your thoughts, just as I am allowed to be disgusted by her actions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't care less about her having been on benefits, I cannot bring myself to like anyone though that deliberately steals from the defenceless in our midst. If you think that sort of thing is fine then that's your thoughts, just as I am allowed to be disgusted by her actions.

Please show me where I have said I think it is fine that Dee or anyone else have stolen.

Also, I'm not really sure who you're trying to convince, you clearly do care less about her being on benefits, it was after all you who rattled something about her "paying it back from benefits".

The Governments nudge department have done a pretty successful job on you, but you're not alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please show me where I have said I think it is fine that Dee or anyone else have stolen.

Also, I'm not really sure who you're trying to convince, you clearly do care less about her being on benefits, it was after all you who rattled something about her "paying it back from benefits".

The Governments nudge department have done a pretty successful job on you, but you're not alone.

Erm, no it wasn't if you check back. The government has done no sort of job on me, I probably hate them more than you do in fact, just as much as I hate those that steal from the mentally challenged :)
  • Options
    LeahbelleLeahbelle Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    It's more about putting people in to boost ratings and cause controversy. So White Dee would definately cause controversy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, no it wasn't if you check back. The government has done no sort of job on me, I probably hate them more than you do in fact, just as much as I hate those that steal from the mentally challenged :)

But ridiculing and putting someone down with known mental health illness/problems is okay?

I am quite astounded at how many characters on here live a flawless life of perfect behaviour.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. Stealing from vulnerable people is about as low a crime of theft as can be imagined.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But ridiculing and putting someone down with known mental health illness/problems is okay?

I am quite astounded at how many characters on here live a flawless life of perfect behaviour.

Really ? But no one on this thread has claimed to lead a flawless life. So I don't know why you made that comment.

However each one of us is perfectly entitled to comment on the HMs.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowhere does it say that she paid the money back....How could she ? She was sacked & since 2007, she has lived off benefits.

The judge described her as, "Mean- spirited & calculating." The theft wasn't a one off, she, repeatedly, stole over a period.

That is a fact .......nowt to do with politics.

No doubt, the GBP, in all their wisdom, are getting ready to vote her as, " Their Winner." ;-)

They are a motley crew :o.... I would go for George from Gogglebox. He seems a decent young man who has an ordinary job. Who knows, though !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowhere does it say that she paid the money back....How could she ? She was sacked & since 2007, she has lived off benefits.

The judge described her as, "Mean- spirited & calculating." The theft wasn't a one off, she, repeatedly, stole over a period.

No doubt, the GBP, in all their wisdom, are getting ready to vote her as, " Their Winner." ;-)

They are a motley crew :o.... I would go for George from Gogglebox. He seems a decent young man who has an ordinary job. Who knows, though !!

Yes because Judges character assessments are always correct, especially when it comes to them being lenient on paedophiles.

George is a lovely young man, I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Really ? But no one on this thread has claimed to lead a flawless life. So I don't know why you made that comment.

However each one of us is perfectly entitled to comment on the HMs.

Quite shocking that some on here haven't lived flawless lives, all the finger pointing judgement, I would have thought so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I agree. Stealing from vulnerable people is about as low a crime of theft as can be imagined.

It is, and the current Government should be hauled in front of a Judge also.
  • Options
    dendadenda Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm following this thread with interest.

Unfortunately I can't follow CBB as I don't have C5.

But I did watch BS, and was a bit shocked that there were so many condemnatory posts on this forum about the participants.

So I guess the OP on this thread might have expected something similar now - but the viewers of CBB might be a bit more compassionate, which is a good thing, in my opinion.

It was clear to me that if the street hadn't had White Dee living on it, things would have been worse for many of its residents.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    denda wrote: »

But I did watch BS, and was a bit shocked that there were so many condemnatory posts on this forum about the participants.

So I guess the OP on this thread might have expected something similar now - but the viewers of CBB might be a bit more compassionate, which is a good thing, in my opinion.

It was clear to me that if the street hadn't had White Dee living on it, things would have been worse for many of its residents.

I think that's probably very accurate.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

George is a lovely young man, I agree.

Yes :)....I would rather give a "one of us" vote to him than White Dee.....I think that those on benefits might see her as, 'Their Champion' - IMO, she is just looking after herself.

It was quite a calculated theft & I would really like to see someone 'decent' winning this CBB.....

We must wait & see, though ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    denda wrote: »

Very well said.

Not only that, the residents of the street were absolutely tricked and used terribly by C4, they of course had an obvious agenda that fell into line with the current Government propaganda.

That street had many of societies most vulnerable people living on it (notice they didn't use those residents who were working?).

It was told to those appearing in benefits st that it was about 'community spirit', but they'd 'not yet decided on a title' for the show.

As we all know, it was actually a show, with the agenda of a free for all attack on these vulnerable people, most of which where living in extreme poverty.

Had I not watched benefit st, I would have assumed these people were living the high life, with oak flooring, shag pile carpets, a jacuzzi and a jaguar up their gravel drive, whilst saving their benefits as a little spare cash side line to holiday in the Maldives a couple of times a years.

There may have been heavy drinkers, drug users, ex convicts and dare I say it, people on there who were not the cleanest, but doesn't that tell us they all have problems and were vulnerable?

Each and every one of them had far more community spirit, kindness and thought than a certain group of pitch fork, halo wearers on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :)....I would rather give a "one of us" vote to him than White Dee.....I think that those on benefits might see her as, 'Their Champion' - IMO, she is just looking after herself.

It was quite a calculated theft & I would really like to see someone 'decent' winning this CBB.....

We must wait & see, though ;-)

You do know she was mentally unwell when she stole that money? She didn't steal it to feed her partners drug habit, her partner was on drugs, and was spending every penny they had on drugs, she was depressed and desperate, and stole it to feed her children.

That still doesn't mean it was right, but it wasn't the calculated bank heist it's being made to look.

It's been assumed on here that Dee is a beer or cider drinker (take your pick from the assumptions), when in fact Dee doesn't drink.

George does though, and quite heavily by his own admission, so is that 2 points to George and 1 point to Dee?

I'd like to think most of us have some decency about us, unfortunately, some of us can't see that because we're swept up in the gossip and assumptions we read.
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I am a bit disgusted that white dee is regarded as a 'celebrity' when all shes known for is being on TV bragging about being on benefits!! especially when there was a big uproar back in January when linda Nolan said on cbb she was on benefits and yet people are now saying a woman who's only known for being on benefits is now 'favourite to win "celebrity"Big Brother.

How does that work??

Why not? She's brilliant.
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^this. And of course when finally caught claimed to be mentally unwell. That's ok then, it wasn't your fault at all. Now she seems quite perky since being on the telly, that must be the secret to recovery, NHS take note.

George is a hoot.
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well said.

Not only that, the residents of the street were absolutely tricked and used terribly by C4, they of course had an obvious agenda that fell into line with the current Government propaganda.

That street had many of societies most vulnerable people living on it (notice they didn't use those residents who were working?).

It was told to those appearing in benefits st that it was about 'community spirit', but they'd 'not yet decided on a title' for the show.

As we all know, it was actually a show, with the agenda of a free for all attack on these vulnerable people, most of which where living in extreme poverty.

Had I not watched benefit st, I would have assumed these people were living the high life, with oak flooring, shag pile carpets, a jacuzzi and a jaguar up their gravel drive, whilst saving their benefits as a little spare cash side line to holiday in the Maldives a couple of times a years.

There may have been heavy drinkers, drug users, ex convicts and dare I say it, people on there who were not the cleanest, but doesn't that tell us they all have problems and were vulnerable?

Each and every one of them had far more community spirit, kindness and thought than a certain group of pitch fork, halo wearers on here.

Absolutely. And to boot I quite like Dee ...she's a kind person...that goes a long way with me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toggler wrote: »
    ^this. And of course when finally caught claimed to be mentally unwell. That's ok then, it wasn't your fault at all. Now she seems quite perky since being on the telly, that must be the secret to recovery, NHS take note.

George is a hoot.

And your qualifications in mental health are?