Confused by EE data roaming charges

tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
Forum Member
I have been looking on EE's website at their data roaming charges as follows -

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&segment=Consumer&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=55649&SOURCE_RELATED_ARTICLE=true

They appear very generous compared to the previous Orange ones but I am confused. Their one day charge is £2 for 100MB (compared with Orange's £3 for 30MB) but their 7 day plan provides 250MB for £12.50. Surely, it would be much better to take out 7 * 100MB getting 700Mb for £14.

Comments

• Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Some of the bundles are only available to customers on the "Roaming" plans.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    250MB per day?
  • dpwykesdpwykes Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Those without a Roaming contract can find prices here
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    dpwykes wrote: »
    Those without a Roaming contract can find prices here

How does one get a roaming contract ? I must say it is very difficult to find info about data abroad on the EE website. I spent some time tracking down my link above and now I discover that is not applicable. The only search function on the website is in the help section but when it returns results it doesn't have any links to the actual website location so it's no use at all.
  • dpwykesdpwykes Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    How does one get a roaming contract ? I must say it is very difficult to find info about data abroad on the EE website. I spent some time tracking down my link above and now I discover that is not applicable. The only search function on the website is in the help section but when it returns results it doesn't have any links to the actual website location so it's no use at all.

I had a text from EE asking me if I wanted to switch to a roaming contract but declined.
    These are an extra £5 per month which is added to your contract for the duration of it and have inclusive minutes / texts from abroad too..