Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, so excited for GG to returm! Argh!

not long now, like 2 weeks or something :D
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    No, We're still waiting for the last 5 episodes (I think). It'll be back on April 18th/21st probably in the UK. You could try and catch up, although, I think we've all spoilt it for you, especially the biggest twist in S4!

Nope...I have been and will continue to avoid this thread like the plague! :p

I have heard about the Blair & Dan pairing though!

:eek: Blair & Dan?! Seriously? Wow
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I really, really like the Dan/Blair coupling, more than Chuck/Blair, though unlike most i've never really been a huge fan of theirs. I like Serena and Ben too, certainly more than her and Nate who I preferred with Blair. Though I prefer Blair with Dan so Nate can stick with Raina (though she does annoy me a bit, she seems to constantly be saying 'when I was young...' I quite liked Chuck with Eva, she bought out a nice side of him :)

Not really missing Jenny at all, never really liked her, and I green vanessa doesn't feature too heavily in the last 5 episodes. I don't mind her too much but she is a bit annoying and not really involved in any of the storylines. Quite looking forward to what's going to happen with William VdW and co returning, not too sure about Serena's cousin coming though, there's enough storylines to wrap up in 5 episodes without introducing new ones!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 episodes left and it still hasn't been renewed for a 5th season :(
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »
    5 episodes left and it still hasn't been renewed for a 5th season :(

As far as I can gather, it's been more or less confirmed that it will be coming back for another season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

These are from last year, talking about filming for Season 4!

Talking about the whole Dan/Blair thing, in retrospect, I don't think it's that surprising about them.

I remember thinking to myself whilst watching the 2nd/3rd episode of Season 1 that they'd be really good together; when Serena and Blair were doing that rooftop photoshoot and Dan and Blair had that conversation about their families in that stairwell. But when the story progressed to being about Chuck/Blair and Dan/Serena, I completely forgot about it.

There have been small hints of Dan/Blair in the last 3 seasons, but I never thought that GG would go there! I'm glad they have though, it has definitely improved S4 of GG for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    These are from last year, talking about filming for Season 4!

Talking about the whole Dan/Blair thing, in retrospect, I don't think it's that surprising about them.

I remember thinking to myself whilst watching the 2nd/3rd episode of Season 1 that they'd be really good together; when Serena and Blair were doing that rooftop photoshoot and Dan and Blair had that conversation about their families in that stairwell. But when the story progressed to being about Chuck/Blair and Dan/Serena, I completely forgot about it.

There have been small hints of Dan/Blair in the last 3 seasons, but I never thought that GG would go there! I'm glad they have though, it has definitely improved S4 of GG for me.

Ahh right. I just found in the daily mail and thought I'd post :D

I'm looking forward getting Season 4 DVD so I can watch it all over a weekend when I'm not busy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is season 5 confirmed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s83/gossip-girl/news/a314149/gossip-girl-fans-angry-about-dan-blair.html

Apparently a vocal minority have been bombarding the producers to put Blair and Chuck back together :cool:

Why:confused::confused:- their car crash of an on/off relationship has been dragging on for years- it is completely abusive and unhealthy and is getting old and repetitive

I had stopped watching Gossip Girl and only starting watching again recently because of the Dan/ Blair storyline

They have great chemistry, lots of funny scenes and witty sparring matches, but without the malicious game playing that Chuck and Blair routinely decended into.

Dan is a great match for Blair actually, they have a lot more in common than might be initally obvious- and have been the best development in the show in years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the trailer for the last five episodes and :eek::eek::eek:

new trailer
    So now Blair has to choose between 3 people and I think the producers are siding on Chuck and Blair getting back together. After the last few episodes, I really wanted Dair after being a hardcore Chair fan, but I'm really confused right now. Why does she get engaged to the Prince?:confused::eek::mad:

Only a week left until the new episode, it's back next Wednesday at 8pm on ITV2. I can't wait!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That trailer is so melodramatic. The Prince! The Pauper! The Dark Knight!
    Blair pegging it down the street with the Gladiator-type music in the background! :D

Cannot wait for Tuesday!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahhhh
    Some gorgeous clothes in that new trailer!
    It's getting to the ponit where im' starting to just be like 'screw it let her marry Louis' i mean he seems nice enough:rolleyes: I am tempted to think though that
    they WILL actually get married, as Penn Badgely has said there will be a wedding this series, and even though i think the producers want a CB endgame, i don't think they would have them marry before the end of the programme, if at all.
    Still holding out for DB but i just don't think it'll happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An interview with the two GG producers, doesn't give too much away but is quite interesting. Put in a spoiler tab as it is long and could be considered spoilery :p

Gossip Girl finally returns next Monday and the final five episodes of this season are Blair-tastic! Our favorite Queen B (Leighton Meester) might actually be getting royal (her European prince is back in town), her days macking on Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley) and duelling to the death with soulmate Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick).

We just talked to Gossip bosses Stephanie Savage and Josh Safran, and they revealed what's driving Blair's decisions, how family secrets are going to change celebutante blond Serena (Blake Lively) and which original character is getting a shocking reveal four seasons in the making:

WANT MORE? Follow @JenniferArrow on Twitter

Are Dan and Blair still a going concern or are they totally done? Will they ever have stories together again?
    JS: There will absolutely continue to be stories of the two of them together, definitely. All the way up through the finale. And beyond.
    SS: And beyond.

What can you tell us about a possible Chuck and Blair reunion?
    JS: Chuck and Blair are very much connected in this pod. How that connection bears itself out, I just think we've got to wait and see. But the dynamics that have been brewing all season with them—Blair wanting to be powerful, Chuck waiting for her. All of that stuff is definitely very much prevalent in these last five.

Speaking of Blair's desire to be powerful, has Blair settled on a specific ambition and goal at this point? For example, does she still want to be a fashion editor?
    Something presents itself very soon that answers that question.

Are we on our way to seeing Princess Blair?
    Just wait.

Do you think Dan really fell for Blair?
    Dan will continue to be involved with Blair and in Blair's story. And then he also gets a bit of a new relationship.

Is Dan's new relationship with Serena's cousin Charlie (Kaylee DeFer)?
    JS: Wait and see, but I also think something happens regarding Dan's character that has actually been secretly brewing for a long time. It's something that I think will reshape his character.

What can we expect for Nate (Chace Crawford) and Vanessa's (Jessica Szohr) characters in this last batch of episodes?
    JS: Nate continues his relationship with Raina (Tika Sumpter), and he's very much folded into that story. And Vanessa tries to get back in the good graces of everybody, and we'll see she'll end of trying larger and larger things until there is one very very big thing that will happen that changes things.

With the arrest and the return of William van der Woodsen, there has to be a lot going on with Rufus and Lily's clan, right?
    JS: Oh tons. [Laughs.] It's always fun when you get all of them together, even when you get any three of those characters together it's fun. We're starting this—episode 18 starts the last five, but it also introduces Charlie, introduces a lot of stuff about the Rhodes family and van der Woodsens that we have never seen or known about before. That's seen through every episode until the end. You constantly learn more and more about Carol (Sheila Kelly), about Charlie, about Lily and Carol's relationship and about CeCe (Caroline Lagerfelt), their mother. It just keeps growing.
    SS: Aunt Carol in Miami is a character who's mentioned in passing in the pilot. So it was great to meet past aunt Carol two seasons ago and grownup Carol in this episode and to meet her daughter, who is Serena and Eric's cousin.

And I assume this all comes back to Serena in the end?
    JS: Definitely.
    SS: Yeah.

Can you expand on how it effects her?
    JS: The first half of the season was about Serena sort of being gaslit and wondering what it is that she could have done and then discovering that it wasn't her, it was her mother and that fractured them. So we proceeded along looking back at the past at what happened and not, and now this last five are sort of showing how the family comes back together and what this new family dynamic is going to be. That will definitely spin Serena off into a new direction. I think it would be honestly too delicious to spoil.

One or another of the actors occasionally says they might be done with the show soon, is there any plan in place to end the show? Do you have an end date in mind?
    SS: The reality of television life is that the actors have six-year contracts. So any things that the actors have said have been in the context of that lifespan. Which isn't to say that there isn't life of the show beyond that but we're just excited about finishing up season four and hopefully getting a season five, and generally making that the best season of the show that we've ever done.

I'm impressed with all that you've done and your stamina in keeping the show so vibrant this far in.
    SS: Honestly I think I can speak for all the writers, the show is an incredible passion for us and that writing it is a pleasure and we love the characters and the world so much that its really hard to imagine a life without them. And that is pretty sustaining on a daily basis.

Source: http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b236376_princess_power_could_there_be_royal.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm avoiding spoilers right now, but I can't wait to see season 4! Hopefully it's released soon.

I'm re-watching Season 3 at the moment. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New episode on today! Am so excited!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Blair's character? I'm more interested in Chuck/Dan/Nate/Serena than Blair. Only character I dislike more than her atm is Vanessa and that's only because the writers are deciding to turn her into the biggest b*tch & snitch around and forcing me to dislike her. God I wish Jenny was back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    julomu wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Blair's character? I'm more interested in Chuck/Dan/Nate/Serena than Blair. Only character I dislike more than her atm is Vanessa and that's only because the writers are deciding to turn her into the biggest b*tch & snitch around and forcing me to dislike her. God I wish Jenny was back.

Doubt you're the only one but probably aren't many others!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    julomu wrote: »

Sorry, she's my favourite character. I like Jenny as well though, I thought the goth phase and the emotional rollercoaster she was on in season 3 was really well done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    I jus watched gg!!! i still dnt like william..he should stay out of it..rufus is more of a father to serena n eric. oh i like chuck n blair together but feel sory for dan though!
  • Options
    Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strong return episode last night, I thought. Nice to see Lily at the centre of the action; the actress who plays her is really good.

I wonder what Serena's cousin's secret is? I already like her more than Vanessa, and she's only been in one episode. Speaking of Vanessa, what business is it of hers if Dan and Blair kissed? Why does she need to tell Serena? The writers are turning her into the biggest snitch of the show.

For me, Leighton Meester carries the whole show; her acting is always spot on. It's like she was born to play the role of Blair.

One thing that's still annoying me, though, about this series (I mentioned this in a previous post) is that the character of 'Gossip Girl' seems non-existent. A few of the characters like Blair have checked the Gossip Girl website, but these instances have been few and far between. GG doesn't seem to blog about the Upper East side any more, and instead just narrates the show. Hope this is remedied in Series 5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really wish someone would push Vanessa in front of a fast moving vehicle
  • Options
    superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at Vanessa moping around, talks to someone, gets insulted/rejected, and then mopes all the way back :D

Pretty good episode this week, anything to do with Bart Bass is always interesting