Get More Potter with Pottermore (Official Thread)

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't class myself as an expert but I didn't need the books for Monday and Tuesdays clues :D

I needed it for today. :D and a calculator. :o

Shame cos it was an epic match. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    JPartridge wrote: »
    I haven't got an account yet because it's the holidays and by the time I'm up it's over!

Nearly bought one off eBay for 99p but eBay removed it for some reason.

I saw a youtube clip of pottermore screenshots (after googling those words) and a commenter was saying they had spare they were giving away - apparently no catch (but as long as they don't ask you for your email password or any other details I suppose it might not be too iffy - but I would just wake up around the 10 - 11 mark and keep hitting refresh (then go back bed :D)
    Forum Member
    I have this exact problem.

When did registration open today, does anyone know?

11 am :)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be honest - I searched google for the answer to the clue and then used a calculator for the answer!
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I needed it for today. :D and a calculator. :o

Shame cos it was an epic match. ;)

I have read the books ten or twelve times, so I kind of remember the details, and I used a pen and paper for the calculation - old school hehe.
    I will be honest - I searched google for the answer to the clue and then used a calculator for the answer!

I didn't think of Google because I thought the questions were quite random I didn't think someone would have put the information on the net :) I thought everyone would be rifling through their books (I can't do that because of being in work :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think of Google because I thought the questions were quite random I didn't think someone would have put the information on the net :) I thought everyone would be rifling through their books (I can't do that because of being in work :))

Its more, I don't have the first 3 books, so haven't read them as much to know the answer, I could tell you the story back to front, but chapter numbers I'm stuck with
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google the answer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is my username I have no idea what it means QuestRook102
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    Following the previous discussion in the movie thread....

I WAS BORN A HUFFLEPUFF AND IF I'M NOT A HUFFIE ON POTTERMORE I WILL BE UPSET. :(

Snap Hufflepuff is who I am :D
    I think the only way we can communicate with other users, is by posting in our common rooms. No forum or IM/PM sections.

I'm PurpleThorn127 and I dont like it much lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    I think the only way we can communicate with other users, is by posting in our common rooms. No forum or IM/PM sections.

PurpleThorn is cool!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11 am :)

thank you! :)
    Forum Member
    Your welcome apparently the day before it was 10: 30 ish so I would keep an eye out from around 10 am onwards :)
    Forum Member
    So who is made up with their username and who hates it?

I actually starting to like it - I mean CharmStorm isn't what I would have picked myself, but I am getting to like it more and more.

If you are unhappy what are you thinking of trying to change it or going to live with it?
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clue tomorrow is out between 3pm and 6pm BST :)

I love my name FelicisEcho :D
    Forum Member
    I think these images were posted on the other thread, but since this is a new thread I thought I would post them again :)

Hogwarts Express

Hogwarts Express Info

Chapter Display

Christmas at Hogwarts

Main Page Gryffindor Student?

Chess Mastermind

All thanks to Mugglenet.

I do think the screens do look stunning, and not just because I am a potter fan either :)

Edit: On the subject of messaging you will notice that the owl on the menu seems to sometimes have numbers next to it. I don't think we are going to get private messaging but that has made me think.
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my Gosh I am so excited about this!
    Forum Member

I do find when I am talking about pottermore, I revert back to my childhood - when I first discovered Harry Potter :) - it is an almost Christmas feeling :)
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Likewise! I've not really been much of a Potter fan but I got all sucked in with the excitement of DH part 2.

I'm SpiritCharm120 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »

Your names is a lot better than mine.
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not been able to register as of yet... =( hopefully today the question will go my way and I get in...

I don't really care about my username though as long as it isn't too bad.

Hopefully I get put into Hufflepuff though... I would imagine I would as all my personality traits fit them.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds absolutely terrific! :D I am so, so excited!
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd introduce myself I've been a bit of a lurker on the movie board - but I intend to get much more involved here!

Have managed to register for Pottermore on Day 1 - which amazed me, so I'm hoping that I'll get my Welcome email/owl in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed anyway!)

My user name is HawthornPhoenix, I'm not sure where this will leave me with the sorting hat though. Draco had a Hawthorn wand (but I really don't want to be a Slytherin!) and Harry had a Phoenix feather core. I always wanted to be in Gryffindor but I probably won't be - not brave enough. Can anyone point me in the direction of the key Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff attributes?

Anyway nice to meet you all - be great to watch this thread grow :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Very excited about this & can't wait to get my welcome email!
    I'm MarauderQuest60 :)
    JPartridge wrote: »
    I haven't got an account yet because it's the holidays and by the time I'm up it's over!

Nearly bought one off eBay for 99p but eBay removed it for some reason.

From here: http://insider.pottermore.com/

I have seen Pottermore early access accounts being sold online on places like eBay. Is it okay to buy or sell Pottermore accounts?
    No. Please do not buy, sell, or transfer Pottermore early access accounts. Obtaining Beta registration for Pottermore with the intent of selling on those registration details for monetary gain not only deprives genuine fans the chance to gain early access, it is also expressly prohibited in The Magical Quill promotion Terms & Conditions.

We have the right to terminate any Pottermore accounts that are sold online.

Access to Pottermore is, and always will be, completely free so please don't be tempted by people selling Pottermore accounts online. You will only be wasting your money - and there are still more clues and chances to come!
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My username is SilverWizard115.. which i'm really not keen on.

I'm going to try and create another today and if I can, give my old one to a friend..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    The username i got was DustBronze162.
    Not really sure about it but i think it will grow on me :D