RedFoo from LMFAO joins X Factor Australia as judge

iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
Forum Member
✭✭
WITH Guy Sebastian and Mel B pulling out, speculation has been rife as to who will sit on the X Factor judging panel.

Confidential can reveal Seven has all but signed on the dotted line with former LMFAO frontman, Redfoo.

The writing was on the wall when the network shamelessly plugged the wacky singer throughout their Australian Open coverage.

The hairy rapper, who dates tennis champ Victoria Azarenka, is said to have impressed Seven executives when he was here, with plenty of wooing off court.

Stefan Kendal Gordy, aka Redfoo, certainly has the DNA to pick a star.

He is the son of Motown founder Berry Gordy Jnr, who discovered worldwide acts such as the Supremes, Marvin Gaye as well as the Jackson Five.

Meanwhile, Dannii Minogue has firmed as the other seat on the judging panel next to Ronan Keating and Natalie Bassingthwaighte.

A sweetheart of network executives, the station was adamant to have Minogue remain at the "Seven family'' following Australia's Got Talent moving to Channel 9.

Having worked on The X Factor UK for four years, Minogue knows the format.

And with her work commitments in the UK as a judge on Britain and Ireland's Text Top Model soon to be finished,
Minogue would be free to start work on the reality singing series back in Australia.

Seven yesterday went to ground when called.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/x-factor-to-sign-lmfaos-redfoo-as-new-x-factor-judge/story-e6frfmyi-1226586590180

This is such a random choice :eek:

Comments

• Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could actually be brilliant! Can he not replace Louis over here haha
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    :eek: would have never ...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    mess :o
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No baby nooooooooo...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn`t know Guy Sebastian had left XF Aus
  • davedpgdavedpg Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guy Sebastian would be a great judge here and he could promote his music over here at the same time.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    Shame Guy has left - he's category won 2 years on the trot, so he was clearly doing something right.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Shame Guy has left - he's category won 2 years on the trot, so he was clearly doing something right.

He's like a male version of Dannii and Nicole, in the way he cares for his acts a lot. Guy's a real sweetheart! Yeah and I wouldn't mind Guy being a judge on the UK version.

In other news, what? :eek: Such a random choice for a judge.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I like guy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I think it is more like...

Dannii replaces Guy (Australian artist, caring mentor, knowledgeable to reality comp.)
    RedFoo replaces Mel B (international act, performer)

The downside of losing Guy is not just the performances, but his post-season mentoring.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    :( I wanted him secretly for the UK show :p I don't mind though, he is very talented.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    :( I wanted him secretly for the UK show :p I don't mind though, he is very talented.
    LOL. Me too. He's very different from Simon, Louis and Gary, but I think he could bring tons of wisdoms to the table. After all, his father IS Berry Gordy Jr. :p
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked that Oz XF averages only 1.5m viewers! That can't be right! It's a great show.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked that Oz XF averages only 1.5m viewers! That can't be right! It's a great show.

You do know that Australia's population is roughly 1/3 of the UK's, right? The most watched broadcast ever (a tennis match) had 4 million viewers, so 1.5 million is pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do know that Australia's population is roughly 1/3 of the UK's, right? The most watched broadcast ever (a tennis match) had 4 million viewers, so 1.5 million is pretty good.

You beat me to it ...

Aus pop. 22.6 mil.
    UK pop. 62.6 mil.