• daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xperia. Or anything but a iPhone.
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SONY Xperia Z.

iPhone's are chavy, overpriced and under spec'd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carysf wrote: »
    thanks everyone for your comments! its such a hard decision nowadays because it has to last you a lot longer. its quite a commitment!

I don't agree really. You see what you like and you buy it. Not what people say you should buy. The iPhone might be good for them but not for you. Don't fall to peer pressure. Go to a shop, try both and whichever you like better then get.

After all you're the one using it not others.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    SONY Xperia Z.

iPhone's are chavy, overpriced and under spec'd.

What exactly is 'chavvy' about one?
  • poshbakerlooposhbakerloo Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    What exactly is 'chavvy' about one?

Chavs have them.

It was actually my brother who made the observation that it was the chavs in his school who mostly had iPhones when everyone else had Android or Blackberry etc
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chavs are generally council house tenants, hence Council House And Violent.

The chavs do tend to have Android but only because some Android phones are cheap. So Chavs don't have top of the range Android phones, or iPhones or Blackberry Z10's. They have cheaper phones on Pay an Go.

They are not OS aware, they go for price and cheap wins. Next time you're outside somewhere Chavs "Hang out" take a look, you'll see Blackberry 9300's and cheap Android devices like the Nexus 4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I don't agree really. You see what you like and you buy it. Not what people say you should buy. The iPhone might be good for them but not for you. Don't fall to peer pressure. Go to a shop, try both and whichever you like better then get.

After all you're the one using it not others.

I meant that i feel like a lot of research and checking of reviews is required even more nowadays because its 18/24 month contracts. My last phone is getting a bit tired now so i want to make sure that the one i choose next is going to take the pace of such a long contract
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    Chavs are generally council house tenants, hence Council House And Violent.

That isn't where the word chav comes from or what it means.