The BET awards (MJ Tribute)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
Forum Member
✭✭✭
By MESFIN FEKADU – 31 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Artists like Beyoncé, Wyclef Jean and Ne-Yo are scrambling to change their performances for the Black Entertainment TV Awards Sunday to honor Michael Jackson.

The awards show, hosted by Jamie Fox from the Shrine Auditorium, will be dedicated to Jackson because of his influence on music and pop culture, said Stephen Hill, an executive producer for the awards. Jackson died Thursday afternoon at UCLA Medical Center after being stricken at Los Angeles home.

Artists who have worked on their performances for weeks are changing them last-minute to honor Jackson, Hill said.

"To change it up in three days is something that's not easy but they're all willing and looking forward to it," he said Friday. "There's a direct line from Ne-Yo to Michael Jackson. There's a direct line from Beyoncé to Michael Jackson. There's a direct line from Jay-Z to Michael Jackson. I think they'll want to pay tribute in their own way."
Hill said he expects acceptance speeches to be dedicated to Jackson's memory and the influence he had on the artists.

"This is going to be the first gathering of people who really cared for and were influenced by him since his death," Hill said. "It's a tall order for us but we have every intention of paying respect to Michael Jackson."

Hill said seeing the Jackson 5 perform in 1971 inspired him to go into the entertainment business. He still keeps a poster of the group in his office, he said.

"I don't think that this first public outpouring could be left in better hands," Hill said. "I'm caring, responsible and passionate about the Michael Jackson legacy. I'm glad to be able to take this challenge."

"There will be another awards show, so if this one changes, that's fine," he said. "There will not be another Michael Jackson."

Performers:
Ciara
The-Dream
Maxwell
Soulja Boy Tell'em
Ne-Yo
Beyoncé
Kanye West
Jay-Z
Mary Mary
Fabolous
Keyshia Cole
Monica

Chris Brown is also rumored to be performing!

Comments

• KXTKXT Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Will this be screened?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KXT wrote: »
    Will this be screened?

It's tommorow night!
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RocaBoi18 wrote: »
    It's tommorow night!

When will it air on BET in the UK coz its always behind.

So nice to see BET and scheduled performers showing MJ the respect he deserves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will it air on BET in the UK coz its always behind.

So nice to see BET and scheduled performers showing MJ the respect he deserves.

Well BET UK is normally a week behind, so probably next week. I know that they also play the BET awards on MTV Base and MTV aswell but I don't know when.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll probably air clips on the BET website, I've been watching College Hill on there so I'm sure they will have clips of the tribute and awards show soon after.

http://www.bet.com/?uk=1