Abu Hamza to be extradited to the USA

Comments

• Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure his lawyers are well happy with this latest delay...more £££££ of OUR MONEY in their liberal tosspot pockets:mad::mad:

Just get rid of this man now and save us all a fortune.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    BBC news saying his lawyers are arguing the European Courts didn't understand completely the situation he'd be in in the US (solitary confinement etc).

wasn't it their job and chance to argue this in the last court hearings then? EPIC LAWYER FAIL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost his final battle, should be on his way soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842941
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

I'm devastated, naturally.................
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member

Yes this is very good news for all of us in the UK that this very evil man has lost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not sure I'll be able to believe it until I see it, and even then...
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member

Praise the lord, whichever one you like :D
  • MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the news now :):) BrooklynBoy - you got your red carpet ready? :D
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybelle wrote: »
    Just watching the news now :):) BrooklynBoy - you got your red carpet ready? :D

I am sure the Americans unlike us will give him the justice he deserves. Good for them. Turn off the lights on your way out Abu. And stick that hook where the sun don't shine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news...hope his scumbag lawyers get to foot the taxi fare to the airport
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how many times over the last year or so I have seen this headline on the BBC site

'Abu Hamza to be extradited to US'

Surely he must be on his way now and there can't be any more appeals.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get him a plane now!! The longer "plans are being made" the greater chance his lawyers will think of something.
  • MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo I just had a thought - what about those websites where you can track air traffic. Can we find out what plane and follow him?
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    This time next week I expect we'll see him giving a press conference from the balcony of some tinpot embassy or another. :(
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    You cant have another appeal if you lose this one.
    So why arent the planes engines running now for a fast extradition today
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He needs to go to the US. I do wonder if there will be a fair trial anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

who cares, as long we are not footing the bill:(

I still say a bullet is the cheaper option
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

Dont care but it will be a lot fairer than the "trials" some of his victims were given
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading some comments linked to on the BBC website. Some people really do put the loon into loony lefties!
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

He and the others should go tonight, no more frigging around.He clearly hates GB. But wants to stay here.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    The good ol' boys have planes on standby on an airport in eastern England. Sometimes I really love Americans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

The BBC is reporting planes are already on the tarmac in the UK to take the men to the US.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    'The 54-year-old, a former imam at Finsbury Park mosque, north London, was suffering from chronic sleep deprivation and depression as a result of eight years in prison, his lawyers added'.

And who's fault is that you dimwits?
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    The European Court of Human Rights has given its final approval for the extradition of five major terrorism suspects from the UK to the US.

The court's highest judges said they would not re-open the cases of Abu Hamza al-Masri, Babar Ahmad and others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19706404

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/9563658/Abu-Hamza-could-be-out-of-Britain-in-days-after-losing-extradition-appeal.html

Only took 13 years :eek:

Still he's had loads of benefits from the tax payer to keep him and his family going :mad:

Hook man won't be missed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The case of Babar Ahmed is rather concerning. It is deeply troubling that British citizens can be extradited to foreign jurisdictions for crimes allegedly committed within the United Kingdom - especially when the evidence which exists against him would seem to be sufficient to bring a prosecution in the United Kingdom.

The prospect of the police outsourcing criminal investigations to foreign jurisdictions which are not in anyway accountable to the British people should concern any British person who cares about democratic accountability, the rule of law, and the liberty of the subject.

It might be said that people like Ahmed don't much care about any of those things, but I think this rather misses the point. None of those ideals means anything unless they apply in every case, and if they can be conveniently ignored in this case then they can be conveniently ignored when the USA wants to have you extradited for something you wrote on the internet which just happened to be hosted by a US server, whilst you were in the territory of this United Kingdom.

The same people who are happy to see Ahmed extradited very often do not want to see Gary Mckinnon extradited. Why is that? If the only difference is that McKinnon seems like a nice guy and Ahmed seems like not such a nice guy, then I'm not sure that's really any sort of difference at all. We are talking about the basis on which we extradite the Queen's subjects to a foreign power, not the basis on which you would decline to invite people round for tea. There has to be something more than simply not liking someone. In truth there is no difference between the two cases, they should both not be extradited because it is a violation of the sovereignty of our nation, and of the protection afforded thereby to its subjects whilst in its territory, for other countries to impose their laws on persons who are inside that territory.

If a person commits a crime under english law over the internet, but does so in a foreign territory, we should offer all assistance to prosecute that person in the country in which they committed the crime, if it is a crime in that country. But we should not seek to impose our laws on foreigners. I do not think we have the right.