Getting more and more confused

Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
I had decided to get a ps4, I have a vita and a ps3 so decision was quite easy but since then all I seem to see is people asking to swap ps4 for xbox one or selling the ps4, I have an xbox 360 and to be fair it's my fave console but I can't decide so people who own BOTH machines in you. Honest opinion which one is best?
Please no fanboy rants about either machine I just want help deciding

Comments

• Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not usually the one to say this but here we go again. Lol.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    I had decided to get a ps4, I have a vita and a ps3 so decision was quite easy but since then all I seem to see is people asking to swap ps4 for xbox one or selling the ps4, I have an xbox 360 and to be fair it's my fave console but I can't decide so people who own BOTH machines in you. Honest opinion which one is best?
    Please no fanboy rants about either machine I just want help deciding

ive got both

PS4

easier to set up and get a game going in my opinion, outstanding blu ray quality and a great controller

easy to use dashboard and very user friendly

Infamous Second Son and The Last of Us which is on its way in June
    Killzone Shadowfall, Knack is also fun for the kids..

option to purchase camera

higher resolution(apparently), but i havent really noticed much difference

price £349.00 for solus console, no game or camera

XBOXONE

Kinect is part of the deal , but it seems quite good

set up and game installation seems more complicated..its a bit slow and i have had to sign out and disconnect wireless and then re-connect to update..but maybe thats my slow internet connection. ;-) .PS4 does it with little effort..)

not as user friendly

non-chargeable controllers(play and charge kit required £19.99...bit of a rip off considering Sony have had rechargable controllers since the beginning of time..)

you cant play a game until its installed and updated

good controller but not as good as the DS4

Dead Rising is probably the best launch title ive seen, (beware of 13gb update)

Titanfall is more fun then Killzone..

both excellent, i love the PS4 and now the initial aggravation of my Xbone setup is coming to an end, from what i have seen i have been impressed.

(if you have a fast internet connection it will be less stressfull, Dead Rising was the update from hell...)

price £349.00 for Titanfall bundle(digital..fast internet connection required or you will spend 4 days watching a progress bar in case it "stops">:( )

kinect included;-)
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks

That is exactly the reply I needed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's down to personal preference but I prefer my Xbox One to my PS4 to be honest.

PS4 also has to part install games before you can play.

Although Kinect is bundled in you don't have to use it or even have it connect.

My Xbox One downloads faster then my PS4.

But with PS4 you can manually change the hard drive which you can't do on Xbox One.

Game install is exactly the same on both consoles, you put the disc in, it installs, you play. Simple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's down to personal preference but I prefer my Xbox One to my PS4 to be honest.

PS4 also has to part install games before you can play.

Although Kinect is bundled in you don't have to use it or even have it connect.

My Xbox One downloads faster then my PS4.

But with PS4 you can manually change the hard drive which you can't do on Xbox One.

Game install is exactly the same on both consoles, you put the disc in, it installs, you play. Simple.

it dosent mate, its a real pain in the ***

its well documented on-line..

http://kotaku.com/installing-xbox-one-games-takes-way-too-long-1471191836

..the PS4 is effortless to install and get started..its very quick, maybe a minute before you can start

my experience of the Xbox since i unpacked it on Sunday is that its now Wednesday and my Titanfall update is only just coming to and end, i havent played it yet

its taken THREE days to install and update Dead Rising..

something, apart from my slow connection is seriously wrong there, when i have the PS4 running on the same connection with no delays..apart from the initial minute or so to part-install...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

..the PS4 is effortless to install and get started..its very quick, maybe a minute before you can start

Does for me. There's no difference between my PS4 and Xbone when it comes to installing a disc.

But I download most games on both consoles now and I find the Xbone faster to download then the PS4.

Not knocking the PS4 btw.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

my experience of the Xbox since i unpacked it on Sunday is that its now Wednesday and my Titanfall update is only just coming to and end, i havent played it yet

something, apart from my slow connection is seriously wrong there, when i have the PS4 running on the same connection with no delays..apart from the initial minute or so to part-install...

In all fairness, most of your issues stem from your slow internet and lack of basic technical ability.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does for me.

no way mate, MS need to sort it out

three days to install and update one game

whats going to happen at Christmas and Birthdays..i know DR3 was a one off regarding the install but am i going to have to install games before i give them as presents etc..??
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good controller but not as good as the DS4

Seriously? :o Although the DS4 is a huge improvement on the DS3, I still find it extremely uncomfortable to hold and don't find it suitable for long gaming sessions - it gives me cramps. It just feels so unnatural to hold. Maybe it's just my small hands, though. Where as I can play with the XBO controller for hours on end without the slightest ache.

Saying that, I don't have a PS4 yet (I do intend to pick one up though - a few exclusives I want!), and this is only from playing with my neighbour... but the XBO controller is by far superior tbf.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    In all fairness, most of your issues stem from your slow internet and lack of basic technical ability.

the slow internet hasent helped...but on the PS4 you are able to play your game pretty much straight away.

over on the Xbox, you are forced to do the update BEFORE you can play...

BIB

are you saying i dont know how to set it up?

do you not think my initial post is fair regarding both systems??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no way mate, MS need to sort it out

three days to install and update one game

whats going to happen at Christmas and Birthdays..i know DR3 was a one off regarding the install but am i going to have to install games before i give them as presents etc..??

Yes way. What else can I say?

That's down to your lousy internet connect. Titanfall and DR3 installed in a matter of hours and updates take minutes. The 13gb DR3 update I don't even remember doing tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Seriously? :o Although the DS4 is a huge improvement on the DS3, I still find it extremely uncomfortable to hold and don't find it suitable for long gaming sessions - it gives me cramps. It just feels so unnatural to hold. Maybe it's just my small hands, though. Where as I can play with the XBO controller for hours on end without the slightest ache.

Saying that, I don't have a PS4 yet (I do intend to pick one up though - a few exclusives I want!), and this is only from playing with my neighbour... but the XBO controller is by far superior tbf.

This.

The DS4 controller is an improvement over DS3 but I prefer the Xbone controller and find it much more comfortable. IMO anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does for me. There's no difference between my PS4 and Xbone when it comes to installing a disc.

But I download most games on both consoles now and I find the Xbone faster to download then the PS4.

Not knocking the PS4 btw.

and im not knocking the Xone, in fact i love it...

but i own both systems, as you do..but the initial xbox experience has been well..slow and the PS4 has been ..well pretty much straight in to the game

the Titanfall update is now on 63% so not long now..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes way. What else can I say?

That's down to your lousy internet connect. Titanfall and DR3 installed in a matter of hours and updates take minutes. The 13gb DR3 update I don't even remember doing tbh.

you dont remember a 13gb update, the size of 2 full 360 games..??

ok...that must be some connection you have

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/21/dead-rising-3-gets-enormous-13-gb-patch

• SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Compared to the PS4 the Xbox One is slower but even the link you posted says the difference is in minutes, typically 5 to 15 mins.... not hours and days like the problems you've had. The majority of your hassle has come from your ridiculously slow internet connection. To say in your post that the PS4 takes about a minute to install and then say the Xbox One takes days is being disingenuous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    None of this is a great advert for either system if I'm honest. I'm not a big fan of game installs on PS3, and of course the games are even bigger now on PS4. Games installing "in a matter of hours" does not make a compelling argument for any console imho.

Sod it, I'll get a Wii U instead. :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    None of this is a great advert for either system if I'm honest. I'm not a big fan of game installs on PS3, and of course the games are even bigger now on PS4. Games installing "in a matter of hours" does not make a compelling argument for any console imho.

I love my Wii U. The Wii U Pro Controller is my favourite controller ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to the PS4 the Xbox One is slower but even the link you posted says the difference is in minutes, typically 5 to 15 mins.... not hours and days like the problems you've had. The majority of your hassle has come from your ridiculously slow internet connection. To say in your post that the PS4 takes about a minute to install and then say the Xbox One takes days is being disingenuous.

i said that you can part install and get going on the PS4 in about a minute whilst the update installs in the background

the Xbox, from what i have found is pretty much forcing you to do the update before you can start, unless you are not connected to Live...

there is no need to get defensive about your system of choice, i have both.. just my observations..

and yes my connection is crap...but still ok for online gaming
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you dont remember a 13gb update, the size of 2 full 360 games..??

ok...that must be some connection you have

It's only sky broadband. I must've done it over night at some point.

Just being honest the only problem I have had with xbox one is when my call of duty ghosts disc wouldn't play but shopto replaced the disc and it's been fine since.

I do like both consoles but haven't had any problems like you have had.

I find the DS4 battery life very poor compared to the play and charge battery in my xbone controller.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »

You can play a game after a few minutes while the rest installs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only sky broadband. I must've done it over night at some point.

Just being honest the only problem I have had with xbox one is when my call of duty ghosts disc wouldn't play but shopto replaced the disc and it's been fine since.

I do like both consoles but haven't had any problems like you have had.

I find the DS4 battery life very poor compared to the play and charge battery in my xbone controller.

thats fine mate, i was just being honest in my initial reply to the op, i like both systems, i like the 360, Titanfall on 360 is amazing, not that ive seen much due to the updates on the xbox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not usually the one to say this but here we go again. Lol.

you were right m8
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Base your decision on the exclusives titles that are coming to both machines, it's really the only way to do it.

Of course if none of the exclusives interest you, then the PS4 is a slightly more powerful machine, but in all honestly you probably wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

For me personally, I haven't decided yet, but the exclusives for Xbox are outweighing the PS4 at the moment for me, plus I do prefer the Xbox controller, if I was to buy one tomorrow it would be the Xbox, but I am waiting until next year as games for both are still lacking.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stick with last generation for another 6-12 months. Play some games you missed or finish some games you never completed. If you have to ask others which to get you probably don't care about either enough.

So far both systems seem pretty good, both systems have limited software (Compared to last gen systems), both have poor media playback, both have nice controllers, both have hide online play behind a paywall, both are the same price. Whichever way you go you will no doubt have a lot of fun.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats fine mate, i was just being honest in my initial reply to the op, i like both systems, i like the 360, Titanfall on 360 is amazing, not that ive seen much due to the updates on the xbox.

My point was that you weren't being completely honest when you replied to the OP.
    You failed to mention that the main reason your downloads were taking hours/days is that you have a poor internet connection. It was giving the impression that the downloads take that long normally when they don't.