Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was also a little section cut off on block 106/107. I think it was because the cameras were INFRONT of it so it would have blocked their view. Some people sat in the seats though!
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anybody saw but MTV Live were going Little Mix mad earlier on today. Between 6 and 8 they had 4 shows on about them, the tour diary, the MTV Live performance, the behind the scenes for the DNA video and their performance from Wireless last year.
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reading the last few pages and my twitter timeline makes me sooooooooo happy for everything that they have achieved to this point, wonder if Simon Cowell went, and noticed how much people actually care about these girls. (Or if anyone from Columbia records flew over for the show).
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just getting home and went str8 to my ipad.

I took my girl as a treat for a 8th bday and first communion and I really enjoyed it.

We were on the top tier. I believe where I was the only child was mine. I was next to a Caribbean family with only adults and behind me was a row full of grown men looking very str8.
    I was in heaven as my compartment seemed to be consisted of listeners only, as I like it, and away from the screaming kids.
    The place had quite a few empty seats, it was very full but not completely.

We arrived when a group of 3 men and 2 girls were performing, they were good.
    I did not like the MO girls, or their vocals. Their music was good though.
    Thank God, the opening acts were not pop pop. The sound was much more garage.

Little mix:
    Outstanding production. Reminded me of the Olympic Games opening. That sort of vibe that takes you to another dimension.
    I love the screen monitors on SALUTE.

Mix Men were fabulous, very proud to see LM allowing them to shine.
    They had quite a few acts on their own, loads of free style.
    Their best had to be the one they did after 'Like the city can't hold us' where there was a competition between the girls and them. That was one of the highlights, people went crazy.
    They should create their own brand.

The girls vocals were strong as we all know.
    I won't comment on Perrie and Jade, but Lea has unbelievably grown. She is becoming THE VOICE! I really noticed her tonight.
    Perrie was powerful as usual, and particularly CYL, then Good Enough. She did not belt on Boy.
    Jade was Jade, great singer and performer, however she sound too quiet when addressing herself to the audience. I cud barely hear her.
    I loved Jesy, however she is too comfortable.
    But she was vocally brilliant on A Diff Beat.
    Overall the vocals were powerful.

Songs:
    The stand out song/perf has to be D.N.A. I think loads of people were shocked.
    At some point I cud feel Michael Jackson's spirit all over. I loved it.
    Then TOWERS which got a standing ovation. Jesy announced that it was the fan's fave.
    Then CYL. People seemed to adore this song. And Perrie's full belt just Wowed us all! Many stood and clapped.
    Then WORD UP was a fave too, it was one of the songs that made my compartment to stand and cheer.
    And of course MOVE who had EVERYONE up. The girls vocals sounded quite tired.
    Oh, and HYD was very popular too!

I got disappointed at that point as the girls waved everyone goodnight which made most the O2 leave. Why?
    But the hard fans stayed behind.
    Then came GOOD ENOUGH which I did not really enjoyed cause it came too late in my opinion. Ending with WINGS.

My least faves were STAND DOW, BOY which sounded a bit pitchy, and COMPETITION. The key is too low for them.

Overall a fab gig. I will go again. And a DVD please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesy and Lea were quite proud as the O2 was the place were they auditioned at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Syco just confirmed the O2 was fully sold out on Twitter.

I'm not sure about that cause from where I was 413 row Q there must have been 10 empty rows. The place was pack though however minus a hundred seats.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how the Manchester arena is selling? Has it sold out?
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that cause from where I was 413 row Q there must have been 10 empty rows. The place was pack though however minus a hundred seats.

Resellers probably. So technically it was "sold out".
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how the Manchester arena is selling? Has it sold out?

Even if it's advertised as sold out, it won't be due to the top tier not being used.
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couple more vids from the o2 Arena:

Good Enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPBn0p79N6g
    About The Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8rTCuLCuso
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if it's advertised as sold out, it won't be due to the top tier not being used.

The top tier was used I was there.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    @aldu, I've heard from several older fans now that DNA in particular was a highlight moment. Very much looking forward to catching it on the DVD. Thanks for doing the review!

Here's yet another nice version of Little Me as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnjKpcCQ_S0

I've caught a few other versions and everything sounds really good vocally, but there are various issues with the audio so not going to repost them.

Also, saw from a friend of theirs that TMS were there last night. Has to be a nice experience seeing a bunch of songs you produced playing to an arena like that.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review, aldu!

I love to hear about Leigh improving and just getting the praise she deserves. Wow @ a standing ovation for Towers, well-deserved I'm sure. That DNA performance never gets boring, from the Mix Men dancing at the start to that break at the end, so good.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at resale tickets on Stubhub yesterday for the O2 show and there was just 1 left (last week loads) which suggests to me that there was good demand right til the show date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @IkeTheKid
    Off to park royal with the team @Diversity_Tweet to rehearse with @LittleMix....@GotTalent final performance 🙌 #LetsGo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/little-mix-fan-jazmin-burke-7169792

Aww this is really sad, I hope she gets to meet the girls and go to their concert eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Couple more vids from the o2 Arena:

Good Enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPBn0p79N6g
    About The Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8rTCuLCuso

The second Chanel is of Planet Music Reviews HD which has some fabulous vids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's okay Nissl and Mina.

As I said I will see them again. It was a last minute decision thx to some who went to Birmingham and posted vids. I was impressed and there was no way for me to miss that!
    So glad I went.

I want them to add Wembley arena just to attract that part of town.

@MKS being there, well, says it all. The best UK vocal band IMO. I'm sure they are mentors for LM.

I hope their US tour becomes a sell out.
    Was speaking to my friends in France yesterday about the experience. None of them heard of LM. The girls should now focus on Europe.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    The top tier was used I was there.:)

I'm on about Manchester, fully aware thanks ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok my mini review:

I was up at the front in block A1.

The opening acts were great, especially Harvey and M.O.

I think NVS need some work imo.

The Set was amazing and the whole production was incredible. I loved the screens especially during Salute/DNA/How ya doin.

All the girls looked incredible, Jesy really is not that much bigger than the other girls. Her figure is to die for.

Their dancing was on point, Jesy is definitely a born dancer. She dances with such conviction that its hard to take your eyes off her. Truth be told they've all come along way with their dancing especially Perrie.

Vocals - All incredible. Perrie's high notes would warm even the coldest of hearts and the arena went crazy when she did them as did her mum i heard. Leigh is also becoming a power house too, i didn't know she could belt like that. Jesy voice is definitely the one that bring the most emotion - see 'Good Enough'. Jade as always was amazing and btw how similar do her and Leigh's voice sound alike. I didn't think their voices sounded tired or strained at all, even the lady next to me and a couple of the lads in front were saying how fantastic all their vocals were and they were doing all that dancing.

Listening to their harmonies live is really breathtaking, whatever people think of these girls there is no denying their talent.

Mixmen are seriously hot and talented, glad they get several opportunities to shine through out the show.

Songs:
    DNA IS THE STAND OUT. The whole cinematography of it all was incredible as was their vocals and dance breakdown at the end.
    I was surprised at how well CHANGE YOUR LIFE went down, had the whole arena singing along and then they went wild when Perrie hit her high note.
    Seeing the arena light up for LITTLE ME was spectacular, one of my highlights of the tour.
    Songs that got the crowd pumping the most was, CHANGE YOUR LIFE, DNA, WINGS, MOVE, DARK HORSE, GOOD ENOUGH and the Medley but to be honest I think the o2 was generally a great crowd.

My highlights:

Seeing the girls hug stage and their chemistry come through in their performances and when addressing the audience,

Some threw a teddy on stage and Jade picked it up and gave it a cuddle.

DNA entire performance was in its own league, reminded me of MJ production.:o

When the entire arena lit up during LITTLE ME, it looked beautiful. Cant imagine how proud the girls and their families must have felt. Apparently Leigh sister was crying hard and her mum had to hold her. :cry::)

When they mentioned the x factor and how 02 was were Leigh and Jesy auditioned.

AT the endish when they sang waved by but no one left and everyone started chanting LITTLE MIX, LITTLE MIX and then they came back and sang Good Enough(great vocals/harmonies, it was really emotional) and wing (I was a bit emotional then, just seeing how far they have come.) :cry:

Also loved seeing STAND DOWN, COMPETITION, BOY, MR LOVER BOY(loved the little dance routine for it) performed live because they are some of my fav songs off the album. :)

Finally the fact that they actually drove the Little Mix car unto the stage, I just assumed it would be already on stage.

Overall it was a incredible concert, I would go again and recommend people go as it is really a fantastic experience. The merch was great and YAY about the concert DVD. :)

wow guess it wasn't so mini but i hope it makes sense.:blush::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on about Manchester, fully aware thanks ;-)

Ah ok, I thought you were talking about 02. Have they played Manchester yet?:)
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so here's my report

Harvey's voice is good, struggled on some parts but I'll put that down to nerves. Sang only one original which was dated r'n'b. the arena was still filling up at this time.

Next NVS, generic dance music, with cringe worthy rapping by one of the females, their dancing was okay, I'm pretty sure they were lip-syncing most of the time. Both harvey and NVS sang 1D songs which annoyed me because they are clearly trying to win fans.

M.O seemed to be lipping sometimes aswell few nice songs, throwback garage.

I was getting nervous because there were four empty seats next to me for a very long time, finally the people came. Saw a few teenage boys with family, few adults without kids.

By the time the show started pretty much all the seats were full.

Now on the Little Mix, to get it out the way I will say there was a lot of lip-syncing on the high notes, CYL Perrie's note, DNA Perrie's note, Mr Loverboy Perrie's note, even Good Enough, I understand it but I'd rather her take the lower notes like she's done in the past than lip-sync. Dancing was good, Jesy's energy is amazing but there was times she was lip-syncing while dancing and you could see it clearly on the big screen coz the mic kept moving away from her face. There was another moment where the big screen was on Jade and her mouth wasn't moving at all but the words were coming out, I think she forgot to lip it. Dark Horse and Talk Dirty are also lip-synced, but the performance was great. DNA was a highlight because of the break down. They interacted with the audience alot saying how grateful they are.

Boy was great, harmonies were tight. Another critique is that they need to have a better show director who helps them transition into new songs. I have to say a big missing factor was in fact the live band, the backing track just wasn't hitting me the way a live band would, when I went to see beyonce the moment the music started you could feel it in your chest.

Overall I enjoyed myself I will see them on their next tour, I just want a live band and hardly any lip-syncing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    Ok so here's my report

Harvey's voice is good, struggled on some parts but I'll put that down to nerves. Sang only one original which was dated r'n'b. the arena was still filling up at this time.

Next NVS, generic dance music, with cringe worthy rapping by one of the females, their dancing was okay, I'm pretty sure they were lip-syncing most of the time. Both harvey and NVS sang 1D songs which annoyed me because they are clearly trying to win fans.

M.O seemed to be lipping sometimes aswell few nice songs, throwback garage.

I was getting nervous because there were four empty seats next to me for a very long time, finally the people came. Saw a few teenage boys with family, few adults without kids.

By the time the show started pretty much all the seats were full.

Now on the Little Mix, to get it out the way I will say there was a lot of lip-syncing on the high notes, CYL Perrie's note, DNA Perrie's note, Mr Loverboy Perrie's note, even Good Enough, I understand it but I'd rather her take the lower notes like she's done in the past than lip-sync. Dancing was good, Jesy's energy is amazing but there was times she was lip-syncing while dancing and you could see it clearly on the big screen coz the mic kept moving away from her face. There was another moment where the big screen was on Jade and her mouth wasn't moving at all but the words were coming out, I think she forgot to lip it. Dark Horse and Talk Dirty are also lip-synced, but the performance was great. DNA was a highlight because of the break down. They interacted with the audience alot saying how grateful they are.

Boy was great, harmonies were tight. Another critique is that they need to have a better show director who helps them transition into new songs. I have to say a big missing factor was in fact the live band, the backing track just wasn't hitting me the way a live band would, when I went to see beyonce the moment the music started you could feel it in your chest.

Overall I enjoyed myself I will see them on their next tour, I just want a live band and hardly any lip-syncing.

Really? Its strange that you say there was alot of lip - synced because I was right up at the front and I'm pretty sure it was all live. Dark horse and Talk Dirty absolutely wasn't lip synced for a start. I could their breaths in-between from where I was.
This discussion has been closed.