Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Nice interview. Sounds like they don't have anything they feel great about as a single for album #3 yet. Well, back into the studio in three weeks, I guess.

I hope they dont write their albums around fishing for a hit single. I'd rather they had an overall concept in mind and if the songs come along to fit the idea then great. Chasing hits isnt good for longevity.

*ignores Rihanna's track record*
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they dont write their albums around fishing for a hit single. I'd rather they had an overall concept in mind and if the songs come along to fit the idea then great. Chasing hits isnt good for longevity.

*ignores Rihanna's track record*

This is true though.

Look at the The Saturdays for example. They chase hits every album in hopes of a big #1. They're flopping so hard now.

Little Mix are still hugely successful and they came out with Move, knowing it was a risk as it was so different and that is what paid off.

They should stick to this :)
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UypTE7jnFDg

Spazzes! :D Leigh is miming!

I love how Jade has that deadpan look down.

Awwww. My ABSOLUTE Joint favourites!!!!!!!!!!

I just love them two. They're mad/nutty like me and of the same kind.
    Love the chair throwing and pushing jade to the camera from Leigh and Jade's dancing with the hoodie and slipping down the escalator slope.

What is this for anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its from their tour program.
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    That person who I posted the soundcheck videos from also uploaded videos that were in the Salute Tour Programme! (I don't really get this because I though the programme was all paper, maybe someone who went to the tour can explain this to me, because i would rather ask this question feeling dumb here instead of on twitter or youtube haha!)

Arriving in NYC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ3qCH4gqo4
    Perrie/Jesy dancing to bom bom bom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y89jLdXV8Yk
    Jade/Leigh-anne I Believe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UypTE7jnFDg

You're going to have to turn your head sideways to watch the Perrie/Jesy one lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Well, the Sats don't seem to write any of their own material. They just show up and record what they get handed, pretty much.

I'd rather have LM go for a distinct sound or idea as well (ideally, take Salute and go a little more electro/pop-rock/old-school depending on what they want to do... and Jesy said that they do know what they want). But I recall Jade saying they wanted to work with Derulo's people to get more big hits. Hard to blame them, they've got a definite base in places like the US that could launch them with just a radio hit or two.
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the Sats don't seem to write any of their own material. They just show up and record what they get handed, pretty much.

I'd rather have LM go for a distinct sound or idea as well (ideally, take Salute and go a little more electro/pop-rock/old-school depending on what they want to do... and Jesy said that they do know what they want). But I recall Jade saying they wanted to work with Derulo's people to get more big hits. Hard to blame them, they've got a definite base in places like the US that could launch them with just a radio hit or two.

I'm not keen on the shade a lot of members throw to other girl bands yet if anyone dares criticize Little Mix for miming (which they do a fair bit) then you're all up in arms!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've called out the bits of miming as well, so I'm consistent. And The Sats don't have many (any?) writing credits - just a fact - and their sound tends to kind of wander all over the place. This has been discussed plenty of times even in the threads filled with their biggest fans on places like Popjustice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugarscape has a more informative article on the next album.
    http://www.sugarscape.com/node/1043258

Jesy agrees with this and said: "Sometimes we literally start from scratch and that’s how the best things come about. That’s how we got Move – we actually created the beat with the producer when we were there and that was amazing. But sometimes we’ll go in and the producer will play us the beat and we just hate it and there’s no vibe for it," with Perrie adding: "And then you’re stuck in the studio, like, ‘Ughhhhh.’

So when can we expect it to drop then?

"Just when it happens, really. We’re not going to force it, I think that’s when it can go wrong, when you don’t feel passionate about it," Jade said, with Leigh-Anne adding: "We’re thinking possibly the end of the year."

Perrie not so sure about that, adding: "Well if we don’t have any songs then it won’t be then."

"But do expect a new single," Leigh-Anne said, having a tease.

"It doesn’t exist yet, but it will! We’re working on it," Perrie added.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix are on Radio 1 on Tuesday!
    Dev sits in for Greg

First broadcast: Tuesday 03 June 2014 4PM

Dev sits in for Greg James and catches up with Little Mix.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0456vr4
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wish they'd accept good tracks not written by them, especially when it comes to ballads as they've not quite figured those out yet as songwriters.

Glad that they're not prepared to completely sacrifice creativity and quality to follow SYCO's crackpot schedule. I will much prefer them to release two killer singles and get everything else in order than rush to put out a mediocre album. I'm grateful Simon doesn't care enough to have any extensive oversight over them - long may that continue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally heard a full version of the acoustic Move, and what a jam. They need to release an acoustic album, or acoustic B sides stat. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute is moving again.

32 Little Mix - Salute 0.1216
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wish they'd accept good tracks not written by them, especially when it comes to ballads as they've not quite figured those out yet as songwriters.

Glad that they're not prepared to completely sacrifice creativity and quality to follow SYCO's crackpot schedule. I will much prefer them to release two killer singles and get everything else in order than rush to put out a mediocre album. I'm grateful Simon doesn't care enough to have any extensive oversight over them - long may that continue.

I agree, it's not always a bad thing to have external writers as they can bring something to the table you and your usual team may not have thought of. When artists are around a bit longer you tend to get writers write songs that suit your previous style and that's not good for progression. It's just getting the balance, I do think ballads lyrically are their weak point so I would welcome a new writer on that front for sure.

Hopefully they have a big selection of great tracks by September and they aren't forced to release a single just because that's their deadline and it ends up not reflecting the album - that's my biggest fear, but it sounds like they're trying to put their foot down and say there will be no album if we don't have the songs, but I also don't want a single unless it's better than all their previous singles. I'll just be a test to how much power they have over who decides a single is being released. They have enough time yet, just hopefully they manage to get into the studio every spare chance they have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed @siriusrose

In other news, apparently Colin Tilley is gunning to become the director of girl band videos du jour. He's just done Neon Jungle's upcoming single, Louder (in which his love of dramatic slow motion introductory shots shines through, :p). That song sounds really great though, I hope it does well for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slowly worked my way through tour videos on YouTube. To keep it brief, the stand out performances for me were....:

Stand Down... sounded phenomenal. Someone explain to me why that was elected as a bonus track and not one of the leading tracks on the album?

Boy.....as expected, knock out vocals and a true showcase of their talent.

CYL.... for all its flaws as a radio single, is a good concert anthem and sounded great live as it always does with the audience involved.

Move....still a total jam & the new outtro is a brilliant addition for the live shows.

About the Boy sounded brilliant as well. I could take or leave all the covers, wish they'd bin off all these pointless medleys (one went, but another came in >:( ) but I suppose if the crowds like them who am I to judge. Even with the impressive introduction to the show & Jesy in all her glory, Salute still goes right over my head. Still think NFLY is meh. Fabulous production all in all by the looks of it though and i'll be going to see their next tour if they can deliver a few more quality singles between now and then.

How many 'older fans' have they managed to attract to their shows?

Oh, and on the whole miming debate. I agree there probably was a little bit of it going on at times, but who cares? It wasn't blatant and it was only really in instances where singing live would have been difficult due to dancing/running about stage. They aren't super women and the vast majority of the show did seem to be sang live & with extremely impressive vocals indeed. Bored to tears of miming 'controversies'.
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute is moving again.

32 Little Mix - Salute 0.1216

Only to be inevitably pushed down again in a day or so by all the new releases flooding in. :p
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pharell needs to write them a tune, a feel good song everyone remembers a Happy/Move joint.
    Or even Will.Iam. As Lea used to say, 'We need to aim high'
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^

Aldu you do know Lea is a entirely different name from Leigh-Anne yeah? Just wondering why you call her that when it isn't her name :)
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I think if management wants the album out before Christmas then I think half the album might only be there songs and the rest wrote by other people, the girls are busy with gigs and usa tour,
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    ^^

Aldu you do know Lea is a entirely different name from Leigh-Anne yeah? Just wondering why you call her that when it isn't her name :)

I can't be asked spelling out her whole name. But at least we understand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    I can't be asked spelling out her whole name. But at least we understand.

Disrespectful. "Cant be bothered" my ass. Try Leigh or LA if it fatigues you so.
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see Jades answer to a question about recording a salute DVD during their Q&A twitter sesh earlier

Something along the lines of ' oh id be too nervous'

That sounds to me like nothings been recorded?? Or maybe (fingers crossed) they didnt know they were being filmed

Sorry if this has already been duscussed

Heres hoping they filmed it without the girls knowing to avoid the nerves situation!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Went to Plymouth tonight; it was AMAZING!! Someone take me back please! I'll be back tomorrow with a full write up because I am knackered now, but wow am I proud of these girls :')
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding older fans at the concerts; there definitely was!

I had two sisters beside me, possibly late 20's/early 30's singing the ALBUM tracks word for word. I seen a lot of men there as well!

Looks like our girls are branching out into the masses :D.
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Slowly worked my way through tour videos on YouTube. To keep it brief, the stand out performances for me were....:

Stand Down... sounded phenomenal. Someone explain to me why that was elected as a bonus track and not one of the leading tracks on the album?

Boy.....as expected, knock out vocals and a true showcase of their talent.

CYL.... for all its flaws as a radio single, is a good concert anthem and sounded great live as it always does with the audience involved.

Move....still a total jam & the new outtro is a brilliant addition for the live shows.

About the Boy sounded brilliant as well. I could take or leave all the covers, wish they'd bin off all these pointless medleys (one went, but another came in >:( ) but I suppose if the crowds like them who am I to judge. Even with the impressive introduction to the show & Jesy in all her glory, Salute still goes right over my head. Still think NFLY is meh. Fabulous production all in all by the looks of it though and i'll be going to see their next tour if they can deliver a few more quality singles between now and then.

How many 'older fans' have they managed to attract to their shows?

Oh, and on the whole miming debate. I agree there probably was a little bit of it going on at times, but who cares? It wasn't blatant and it was only really in instances where singing live would have been difficult due to dancing/running about stage. They aren't super women and the vast majority of the show did seem to be sang live & with extremely impressive vocals indeed. Bored to tears of miming 'controversies'.

I'm flying to the O2 in Dublin. row 20 seats 209 210. My niece is my cover :) I'm looking especially forward to Salute. Move. DNA, Dark Horse, Boy & Good enough. She's looking forward to CYL. Little me, How ya doin & Wings. Something for everyone!

I think there have only been observations and not criticisms on the issue of "miming" at least on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.