"Who's the Power Housemate?"

eyespyeyespy Posts: 2,496
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The most genius idea Big Brother has come up with, the paranoia is unbelievable, seeing the hate and witch hunt for a ghost in brilliant.

It's sort of like the usual suspects the search for keyser Soze.

Comments

• An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    eyespy wrote: »
    The most genius idea Big Brother has come up with, the paranoia is unbelievable, seeing the hate and witch hunt for a ghost in brilliant.

It's sort of like the usual suspects the search for keyser Soze.

I agree and the fall out has been way more than I would have predicted.

On the face of it there didn't seem to be a big difference in a secret power house mate to any other week. Every week there are noms, everybody is a potential nominee and until recent years nobody knew who had voted for them or how others were voting. In any week of any year they didn't know if the person next to them was their enemy or not.

Having an unknown person nom in secret doesn't seem to be a big change on the overall picture, although it could at an individual level. So to see the sort of mass hysteria and paranoia generated is extraordinary.
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I knew it was something truly brilliant when I saw a BBBOTS clip of Ash saying that the didn't even feel comfortable talking to anyone because he was nervous that they might be the PHM. It's really quite something.
  • Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB could be dead smart here - they could really stir it up by claiming they have a new Power Housemate but in actual fact they still keep Chris - that would really confuse them.

What annoys me is whoever BB appoints - they whoever they are has no choice in the matter so its still BB that is controlling nearly everything so the rest of the housemates should not be all that annoyed as after all it is a game.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's loads of options open to them.

Have fake noms with a power HM whose noms are the only ones that count.

Have the power HM pick random names from a hat or through secret tasks.

Have normal noms but PHM has secret power to veto 1 or 2 and replace (genius if PHM is nommed themselves).

Possibilities are endless but I 100% agree they should always be kept secret from now on.