Options

Spare YouView box re-deployment?

Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
Forum Member
After complaining about the (lack of) speed navigating the menus and guide on my Humax YouView box, BT sent me a Youview+ box (one of them new little ones).

Can I connect my old one up to a different TV and use it to record the freeview channels etc?

Im guessing I shouldn't connect it (the old one) to the internet as BT would surely know Im using two boxes?

Comments

• Options
    ToenToen Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a youview box but do not have BT. I have virgin. I connect box with ethernet cable to my router and I get all TV progs and on demand. No extra BT chaqnnels but all of freeview TV (inc Hi Def) and BBC i player, ITV player etc.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makum101 wrote: »
    After complaining about the (lack of) speed navigating the menus and guide on my Humax YouView box, BT sent me a Youview+ box (one of them new little ones).

Can I connect my old one up to a different TV and use it to record the freeview channels etc?

Im guessing I shouldn't connect it (the old one) to the internet as BT would surely know Im using two boxes?

There's no reason why you couldn't unless BT asked for the other box back?

You could have as many YouView boxes as you want connected throughout the house.
  • Options
    ash45ash45 Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    yes you can connect it up and TBF i dont think BT know when you have multiple boxes i have 3, 2 BT branded ones and a TT branded one and all 3 of them get the premium content (IP channels + on demand) the only thing that dont work for me is recording IP channels on the TT branded box but thats just because TT have not enabled it both the BT branded record fine, even had all 3 boxes streaming IP channels at the same time

Ash
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the old style BT Youview box in living room and a retail Youview box in my bedroom and both work 99% fine with the BT services.

Darren
  • Options
    Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Although working to begin with the subscriptions internet channels on my old box have now stopped working. I had a week of free TV in the bedroom. All the freeview channels still work though.