Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger Daltrey.

From one Who to another.

Too easily confused with River; "The one with the big head"
  • Options
    jabalongjabalong Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Thats what i thought,Moffat said that they go for younger actors as they can deal with the strain of the role and the physicality of it

looking at Ben Daniels Wiki page he is 48(49 in 7 days)so we would be looking at a Doctor who would be pushing 50 by August next year

Well that's just silly and Moffat ought to know better.

The second- and third-oldest actors ever cast - Troughton and Pertwee - took a very physical approach to the role.

As for the strain, when Troughton was doing it, they were shooting something like 40-plus weeks.

And nowadays, if anything people are much fitter and we're not talking geriatrics anyway at late 40s / early 50s.

So it's all a load of rubbish I say. I mean we're not talking the Bourne Ultimatum here. If it's really getting that intense, then all the more reason to go with an older Doctor and dial it back for a change of pace.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just received an email from What's On Stage and this is one of the comments.
    other names in the news recently include: Matthew Macfadyen and Stephen Mangan, who will play Jeeves and Wooster in Perfect Nonsense in the West End later this year;

So they are both ruled out of the Doctor Role. Thank goodness!
  • Options
    drtwelvedrtwelve Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Ben Browder...;)
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did get a laugh at the front page of the Daily Star - Paris Jackson lined up to be the next doctor.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are now comments that there's an issue with Ben Daniels.