Matt Smith - Funniest Moments!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
Forum Member
'Sup gang!

Just thought seeing as the fantastic Matt Smith is to depart from the show at Christmas, that I'd put a link to a great video of all his funniest moments from Series 5, which I think is his greatest series.

Just to give us all a break from arguing about who we think the next Doctor should be!

Feel free to post your favourite moments of his reign!

(I did not make this video by the way)

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAZSZfaJEXI

Comments

• CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Erect sonic screwdriver in Crimson Horror.

I think Matt Smith puts in a wonderful 'comic' turn in The Lodger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I agree. It got some grief on here from fans, but I thought it was tremendous fun, and this was completely down to the comedy timing of Matt's Doctor.

Great vid, lots of lovely memories. A great way to say goodbye to this Doctor.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,764
    Forum Member
    "His name's Susan and he'd like you to respect his life choices".
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's either this or go to your room and invent a new kind of screwdriver! Don't make my mistakes.
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene from TVOV where he bursts out of the cake always makes me smile. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I was not expecting this!!!!'
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more a lead up to Matt Smith Doctor.

In the Bells Of St John when the monks are going to tell The Doctor about the Bells of John ringing.

Monk1-They call him the mad monk don't they
    Monk2- They shouldn't, he's definitely not a monk

when they tell him about it he replies he is gonna need a horse.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    GilaGora wrote: »
    The scene from TVOV where he bursts out of the cake always makes me smile. :D

This!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awkward Air Kisses.

:D
  • jellyfish7jellyfish7 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    It's a bed....... WITH A LADDER!!!! (what could be more exciting eh?) :D
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three words. Mop and Fez.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I've loved about Matt's era; the comedy. I love how Eleven gets excited at the simplest, or the most dangerous of things; it makes for great comedy value. It's literally like he's from another planet (which is the general idea) and something I don't think Nine or Ten had.

'Dinosaurs... ON A SPACESHIP! :D'
    'Viva Las Vegargh!'
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    On of the things I like is how physical he is in the role.

His 'drunken' walk in Amys Choice is a joy.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'The Lodger' is without a doubt IMO the best comic performance by an actor in the role. Mentioned it on another thread, but the moment when he pops up behind the sofa just as Craig's about to declare his love for Sophie made me howl with laughter...and still does!

Actually, whilst I'd adored 11 from the start, this was probably the episode where I realised I had a new favourite Doctor. The look on his face at the end as he leaves the house...Gawd, I'm gonna miss Matt.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member

His pride in knowing about 'air kisses' was hilarious. And his paperbag of money. A great episode!
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His rubbing his hands together "oooooooooooo" moments. :p

Usually followed by 11's take on young people doing young people things with other young people. Like texting..

..and scones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Just too many to choose from! This is one of my favorite things about Matt's Doctor - his comic timing, and skill at flipping from the clown to deadly serious at the drop of a hat. Really gonna miss that :(.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that The Lodger was one of his most funniest performances. (Especially when he popped up from behind the sofa during a moment of intimacy between Greg and Daisy). I also loved the moment in The Pandorica Opens when it doesn't click that Rory is still alive and he states he missing something obvious right in front of him!

Best moment for me though was right at the beginning of his time in The Eleventh Hour when he walked into that tree and fell over! Still makes me chuckle!

:D
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another scene I love is when 11 ends up in the Oval Office with Nixon and Canton...Matt could crease me just with a look. And then he chins himself on the invisible Tardis. :D
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah definitely the air kisses!! The expressions he pulls on his face! The slang he uses makes me laugh eg. Gobby Australian (Tegan), suckers (daleks), the little....daleks (the kids).