Walliams Buzzer Moment Sank To An Alltime Low

toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
Forum Member
✭✭✭
WOW - The show has really sunk to the depths of desperation with his WELL REHEARSED and STAGED buzzer moment.

This show is now off for good!

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Yeah all blatantly well rehearsed. I bet ratings will dip a lot this week.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't funny David Walliams being the only one to find the boring acts funny over and over again. I knew it was going to happen when that man came on stage. It's just so repetitive, obvious and staged.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »

Of course the ratings will dip but you know full well why and its nothing to do with the standard of the show.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch BGT as it does entertain me, but at the same time I wish it wasn't so staged and predictable.

Think we all knew they told David to pick the joke act for the viewers, but I'd rather watch people with actual talent.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't funny David Walliams being the only one to find the boring acts funny over and over again. I knew it was going to happen when that man came on stage. It's just so repetitive, obvious and staged.

The irony is that without all the canned audience cheers and contrived routines the show would likey be an even bigger hit!
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    The irony is that without all the canned audience cheers and contrived routines the show would likey be an even bigger hit!

I would much rather just watch the acts and hear some real comments from the judges without any staged nonsense or sob storues.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello no, David's a legend for doing that.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member

Still trying to convince us you don't watch it :D

LOL you are watching again this week hahaha :D
    Forum Member
    Loved it haha :D
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would much rather just watch the acts and hear some real comments from the judges without any staged nonsense or sob storues.

Me too. I guess they want to appeal to a certain audience who disengage their brains whilst staring at the box and dialing up numbers on the screen.

I guess this is why The Voice got good ratings this years as at least theirs some genuineness about judges.

The Walliams buzzer moment was so insulting to its audience intelligence.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. I guess they want to appeal to a certain audience who disengage their brains whilst staring at the box and dialing up numbers on the screen.

I guess this is why The Voice got good ratings this years as at least theirs some genuineness about judges.

It's also patronising to Cristian who hasn't got a hope of going any further (unless the GBP get another Rage Against The Machine moment) It's a bit like laughing at the village idiot.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they will for reasons you know all too well. And it's nothing to do with the standard of the show.

Every reality show - even The Voice - is manipulated and twisted at it's core. The producers have to make sure there is a mix of acts through to the lives so they're not too samey or predictable. They also might be wanting to hold some talented acts back for future series so the pool isn't drained in one series with only a small number getting to the final.

They did well tonight to tie David pushing the buzzer in an overall storyline. I think it should have happened earlier in the show, though, with the bikers rounding it off so the programme finished on a more logical high.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Of course they will for reasons you know all too well. And it's nothing to do with the standard of the show.

Every reality show - even The Voice - is manipulated and twisted at it's core. The producers have to make sure there is a mix of acts through to the lives so they're not too samey or predictable. They also might be wanting to hold some talented acts back for future series so the pool isn't drained in one series with only a small number getting to the final.

They did well tonight to tie David pushing the buzzer in an overall storyline. I think it should have happened earlier in the show, though, with the bikers rounding it off so the programme finished on a more logical high.

Eh? Am I missing something. I don't read the red tops. Is there some scandal going on?
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    The ratings will go down cause anyone with any sense was watched the critical football match that has turned the Premier League title race spinning.

Then we (as Liverpool fans) are all going to the pub now to celebrate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also patronising to Cristian who hasn't got a hope of going any further (unless the GBP get another Rage Against The Machine moment) It's a bit like laughing at the village idiot.

The show has had this side since series one. Indeed the show was far nastier before David became a judge (especially in the Simon/Amanda/Piers era).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh? Am I missing something. I don't read the red tops. Is there some scandal going on?

Last week the show aired later in the evening whereas tonight it started in broad daylight. Also, it had a higher 'lead in' from the previous programme (FA Cup football) that it will tonight (You've Been Framed).
  • dragon_mutant1dragon_mutant1 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    The ratings will go down cause anyone with any sense was watched the critical football match that has turned the Premier League title race spinning.

Then we (as Liverpool fans) are all going to the pub now to celebrate.

Who the hell gives a crap about football anyway?? Ravaging OTT marauders who think football is more important than anything in the whole world!!! Stereotypical MEN!!! >:(

Anyone with any sense would watch light-hearted entertainment like BGT than a bunch of overgrown men kicking a ball on a pitch!!!

BGT=Entertainment
    Football=Not Enternainment
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Who the hell gives a crap about football anyway?? Ravaging OTT marauders who think football is more important than anything in the whole world!!! Stereotypical MEN!!! >:(

Anyone with any sense would watch light-hearted entertainment like BGT than a bunch of overgrown men kicking a ball on a pitch!!!

BGT=Entertainment

No football fan but you have a warped view of entertainment. BGT IS Shite served up for the hard of thinking
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Voice got marginally better rating then last year, the voice is also pretty patronizing, no one turns around for an act yet no one tells them that they were bad/out of tune they just say the would have turned around and give some stupid reason and it isnt genuine either, all the acts are pre selected and correct me if i am wrong was there not a joke act singing his own song this series?
    BGT is a bit of fun, a show that doesn't go on for more then it needs to and in terms of ratings it would pretty difficult to beat the biggest ratings of 2014 so far too
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BGT=Entertainment

I think the person who made that post was just having a bit of fun. I think you need to lighten up a bit.

I don't see why you needed to have a go at men just because you don't like football.
  • dragon_mutant1dragon_mutant1 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    No football fan but you have a warped view of entertainment. BGT IS Shite served up for the hard of thinking

BGT is still better than the footie, which is basically just a bunch of madmen fighting over a small ball, while BGT is more fun, hilarious, entertaining and enjoyable, the last time I watched a football match I actually fell asleep for three hours and I slept when the game bloody ended.
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I don't see why you needed to have a go at men just because you don't like football.

I'm not even having a go at men, i'm just saying that football is mostly associated with MEN.
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted}
    Forum Member
    David Walliams trending on twitter, and they are all loving him.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    David Walliams trending on twitter, and they are all loving him.

It is twitter though. Anything that is stupid to normal thinking people they find hilarious or brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a great decision to send him through, the guy is a natural born entertainer and the crowd loved him. Clearly the other judges were bias and wouldn't give him a chance so David had to put him through while he had the best chance.
    BGT is still better than the footie, which is basically just a bunch of madmen fighting over a small ball, while BGT is more fun, hilarious, entertaining and enjoyable, the last time I watched a football match I actually fell asleep for three hours and I slept when the game bloody ended.

I'm not even having a go at men, i'm just saying that football is mostly associated with MEN.

Maybe if you got somebody to explain to you what football is about and the rules then maybe you would get it more and not get bored when watching?