Options

Red or Black?, ITV1 - Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    It's the momentum in the spinning wheel, just like a roulette table.

A winner on the first show which will probably will get people watching again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    They should drop the £1m from above & he has to pick it all up in 5 minutes or he loses it all!! :D

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just hope he gets to keep it and the extended family does not go into a spending spree.

That's the problem with "only" a million now, these days, it's only really just enough for a very modest comfortable life if you look after the cash well. 1/4 of it gone right away on a semi decent house. a holiday and new car and then invest the rest.

Not enough to really start splashing it around.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh i slashed my hand open the other day, it was so bad it was good, im thinking about doing it next week :rolleyes:

Do it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got all the guesses right tonight:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should use a proper roulette wheel. That man made thing looked well dodgy
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm was that Angel from big borther? Did she randomly get through the same as everyone else? Anyway glad the bloke won he seemed nice,
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Call me a psychopath but odd moments in tonight's show.

1) Before the live part, there was a pattern developing: Red, Black, Red, Black....

2) Leona and the briefcase. She could have met one of those men backstage, the producer telling her to chose a specific person. Apparently the bloke had a red wristband.

3) Arrows. Why did the arrow catcher have a earpiece? And why couldn't we see the unpicked arrow when it went to deadlock.

4) Angel leaving. Do we know for sure this wasn't because of the negative tweets? She looked dishearted when she was picking the numbers.

5) The wheel. Say no more.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    I liked it, but looking at the comments it seems I'm in a minority. :o

I liked it too!

Well done to him!
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why did the ball do all that weird stuff? a proper roulette wheel would never do that.

I suspect because it would be awkward to have the wheel still spinning but everyone knowing the result for, what seems like, ages in live TV terms.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do it :D

done, will do it again next week ;)
    just admit you liked it ffs ;)
    see you in this thread next week :D;)
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to want the families to lose on The Moment Of Truth with Cilla Black. People said I was heartless.:D

What an awful person you are........:o:(
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Ant & Dec really will host any old tosh if there's enough in it for them won't they... this makes Push The Button (or whatever their last outing was called) seem almost epic in comparison...
  • Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it too!

Well done to him!

Hurrah, there are three of us fans :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    done, will do it again next week ;)
    just admit you liked it ffs ;)
    see you in this thread next week :D;)

Dont bet on it ;)

Its a 50/50 chance...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    I suspect because it would be awkward to have the wheel still spinning but everyone knowing the result for, what seems like, ages in live TV terms.

im on about the bouncing in and out of colours, really strange, and it was in slow motion :confused:
    heres how a proper roulette reel works
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnRo2REqPnY i have played roulette loads and have never witnessed a ball do what it did on red or black tonight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    What an awful person you are........:o:(

Yes DISGRACEFUL!!!

How could ANYONE watch Cilla Black! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont bet on it ;)

Its a 50/50 chance...:p

im guessing red ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im guessing red ;)

WRONG!

It was black.

Bye bye :p
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    You could say the same about the national lottery.

But that is about winning money by not doing anything, other than buying a ticket. Thats what it was started for.
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had a really good show called poker face a few years ago but it was quickly dropped. I think it was because they were giving too much money away. Should have brought it back with lesser prizes.

But of course it needed skill and knowledge, things that aren't popular anymore.
  • Options
    Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eh? if its good its good if its bad its bad it cant be bad and good ffs, oh i forgot its cool to watch a bad show because it is so bad its good :rolleyes: bollocks, just an excuse for people to watch a rubbish show even though they really love it.
    oh i slashed my hand open the other day, it was so bad it was good, im thinking about doing it next week :rolleyes:

At the risk of sounding like I'm taking this way too seriously, this was effectively one show split by The X Factor into two parts. So we hadn't finished watching this first show when the first bit ended, and to make an informed opinion about how bad it is, we need to watch the whole show.

I stuck with this until the bitter end like BirthdayGirl, but I won't be watching for the rest of the week either.
  • Options
    belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHats actually the point of the first hour of the show complete with sob stories and ad breaks??

Might as well just watch the last 30 minute bit and get to see if they win or not. This is a typical Simon Cowell thing.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very glad to see Nathan win. :) (not sure why Angel needed more money, she got £100k from Big Brother unless she's splashed it all already)
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If 4 or 5 win this week then either it won't return or will be made harder.
This discussion has been closed.