Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're basically bourbons, with less value for money.

Bourbons are much nicer. Wouldnt mind if they did a double stuffed version. I'm now going to have to go to the shop and buy some.

The ad for compensation using the chumbawumba song is driving me crazy. I hate that song.

Also the one that is for Bupa with the musical tinkley version of I'm not a robot.
    Its the music in these ads that drives me nuts.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    I would vote that the best ad' - so cleverly done with the lovers from two different eras. :cry:

I like that ad too.:)

The new Moonpig ad is really annoying IMO.:mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Pauline Bloody Quirke and her Lighter Life diet.

I read she has had a gastric band fitted just like these so called other celebs who have gone on a 'diet' .. what rubbish.
  • Options
    Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    The miost annoying ad for me at the moment is the idiot who keeps mispronouncing "Shrewsbury" as "Shroosbury" in the Santander ad. :(
    Erm... Unless you go to the posh school across the river, that's actually how you're supposed to pronounce it, apparently.
  • Options
    Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    The new Sainsbury's advert - "Let's go fly a kite" - it's really starting to grate on me.
    Sung by the late David Tomlinson, as the father in 'Mary Poppins' I seem to remember. Could've been worse, could've been Dick van Dyke!
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the new GoCompare advert this morning; no violence this time, he just gets caught in a net after harassing some people. I don't know if the guy looking through the hedge is a sport celeb; I don't recognise him.
  • Options
    blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Achica advert where the designer dude is talking about the company, and when he finishes he looks away. It's a horrible clumsy edit, awkward piece of footage, and looks really silly, like he didn't know he was endorsing them and it's the only footage they had to use. I hate adverts that end on a sloppy edit, at least this one looks completely budget so I suppose it's not surprising.
  • Options
    bumbarbumbar Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Tarot wrote: »
    I saw the new GoCompare advert this morning; no violence this time, he just gets caught in a net after harassing some people. I don't know if the guy looking through the hedge is a sport celeb; I don't recognise him.
    It was Ray Mears the survival expert.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Directline, sick of hearing that phone ring followed by that monotous tune with rows of people putting up umbrellas and a spanner routine, had a bellyful of this ad over the weekend.

Also, ads that irritate me are ads that portray children behaving and talking like adults and any ads that include the voice of jane horrocks; that 'accent' has to be put on, nobody talks like that do they ?
  • Options
    blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    Directline, sick of hearing that phone ring followed by that monotous tune with rows of people putting up umbrellas and a spanner routine, had a bellyful of this ad over the weekend.

Also, ads that irritate me are ads that portray children behaving and talking like adults and any ads that include the voice of jane horrocks; that 'accent' has to be put on, nobody talks like that do they ?

I love that this is your first post. Do you feel better now? :D
    Welcome.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you and yes, I do feel better, cheers.
    Here's my second rant while I'm at it, the Richmond sausage advert that was on around six months ago featuring a lad with his friends getting on a train or some mode of transport singing like an 80's throwback band whilst mummy is getting the sausages ready.
    Enter lad where he is duly served them by mum with a smile and a glow .. so,so sickly.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Or in a nutshell
    Richmond sausages .. so,so sickly.
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Or in a nutshell

She isn't their mother she is a dominatrix and the Richmond sausages are the first part of their ounishment.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bumbar wrote: »
    It was Ray Mears the survival expert.

Thanks, the advert makes more sense now :)
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    The radio advert which uses a scenario of a soldier under mortar fire to promote Netflix.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The McDonalds advert. Here's why I hate it:

Idiot: he texted back saying "see you later"
    Idiot's friends: see you later?!
    Idiot: what does that even mean?

IDIOT :mad:

The new Ikea advert has an annoying song too
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    The McDonalds advert. Here's why I hate it:

Idiot: he texted back saying "see you later"
    Idiot's friends: see you later?!
    Idiot: what does that even mean?

IDIOT :mad:
    The accent is awfull as well
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Yes, I hate that McDonalds advert too

Those girls look like happy slappers.

"See you lataaaahh, what does that even mean???"

It means he'll see you later you daft bint
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That flaming Kayak ad!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one hearing someone offscreen shouting 'ACTION' on the Injury Lawyers 4 U advert???
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be The X Factor one, No-one who watches ITV4 wants to hear of it ITV :mad:
  • Options
    andy2010andy2010 Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    My god. I couldn't agree with you more (especially about Jane Horrocks! I detest that stupid voice she puts on!) :D

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Go Compare another three months have passed and the advertising team give us yet another dull, tedious, annoying and dreadfully unfunny Go Compare ad. It would appear the advertising executives have learnt from the publics complaints of unjustifiable viciousness and bully-boy tactics targeted at the fat opera singer and have toned down the violence for this latest steaming pile of crap. They haven't yet worked out that the brand and the advertising campaign is as stale, insipid, vapid and lifeless as the suburban landscapes depicted in their last few adverts. Everyone knows their website is just a mechanism for allowing people's details to be passed onto third party sales companies and scammers.

perle de lait and mullerlight greek style yoghurt The new perle de lait advert features a woman who has teeth the size of a horse. The mullerlight advertising atrocity features half women half horse creatures (centaurs or Kinnaras I think they are called). What is similar about both adverts (maybe this also applies to any yoghurt or food ad) is how the yoghurt never, ever appears to touch the underside of the spoon. Why is this?

TopCashBack Words can not accurately covey how much I despise this advert and everything it sets out to achieve. The unimpressed and withering look the family give this tub of lard almost sums up my hatred for the singing, swirling and dancing flourescent turd, but not quite.

Percol instant coffee Has some of the cheapest digital animation effects going - seriously are we meant to believe this cup of warm, rusty arse water has magically trasported this urban buffoon to a rich, tropical Colombian coffee plantation? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoKjz1FDfKA

365Bingo.com? Not sure if that is the correct name, but it's the latest in a never ending line of bingo website companies that are shameless hawking gambling via tv ads. This one masquerades as a magazine with such thrilling articles as 'how to get that glam bingo-head look', etc. Funny how they have to place a disclaimer on the front of this entirely fabricated publication that 'this is not a real magazine' - just incase the general public were too thick to work this out for themselves, or more worryingly that there might be some actual demand for such a magazine. Truth of the matter is they are trying to disguise an addictive and potentially dangerous passtime such as gambling, by portraying it as all a bit of 'girly fun' where women meet and have a natter and a gossip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twimp2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one hearing someone offscreen shouting 'ACTION' on the Injury Lawyers 4 U advert???

No, I notice it every time
    andy2010 wrote: »
    My god. I couldn't agree with you more (especially about Jane Horrocks! I detest that stupid voice she puts on!) :D

I agree, also the same as Joanna Page, I am Welsh but her accent really irritates me
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't know if this one has been mentioned, but the new one for Westfield 'We are Fashion' with the whole klaideoscope (sorry spelt wrong) effect. Does anyone else feel a bit sick when they watch it, don't know if it is the effect of trying to read what the advert says at the same time as the advert goes on. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.