Who do you want to represent the UK?

Comments

• kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    She wouldn't even consider it so weather or not she would bomb is just hearsay.

:eek: ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I really hope the BBC pick someone decent, I'd react the same way to most of these suggestions as most of us did to Engelbert last year.. Please don't pick Geri..
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dionne Bromfield
    I meant to say that it'd be a good stage, publicity-wise, for the original Sugababes to reunite on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Clark
    Just as Barrowman is asked year in year out saying it's political . I'm sure he's aware as much as Geri if asked about their limitations. She's joked about doing it several times so she's in the bracket of being careful what you say as people will expect that person to put their money where their mouth is.

Really i didn't know Geri had confided in you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Clark
    kvn wrote: »
    :eek: ;)

Yes i read your point i should have just put nonsense :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Clark
    Josh! wrote: »
    I really hope the BBC pick someone decent, I'd react the same way to most of these suggestions as most of us did to Engelbert last year.. Please don't pick Geri..

Imo Geri is to desent.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    Really i didn't know Geri had confided in you?

Just search the internet to find the jokes. Ask any ESC fan from any country asking how she'd do i would believe a very high return of failure. All I'm saying is she's self aware unlike others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Clark
    Just search the internet to find the jokes. Ask any ESC fan from any country asking how she'd do i would believe a very high return of failure. All I'm saying is she's self aware unlike others.

People as well seem to want her to do Strictly but I'm not convinced. I don't doubt that Geri wouldn't be the best. As a life long fan I'm very against it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    amelia lily or HURTS
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    I would like to see Sir Tom Jones represent the UK this year.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    davor wrote: »
    I would like to see Sir Tom Jones represent the UK this year.

Ah, he's one of mum's favourite singers :D He would be alright for Eurovision actually. I thought he was really good at the Jubilee concert last year and I think he's still able to put on a good show.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelia Lilly
    Just someone young and current with a good image, class song and WHO CAN SING!!
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    How about a band with attitude rather than all this wet weak stuff
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imarsh wrote: »
    How about a band with attitude rather than all this wet weak stuff

Agreed, I'd love a good rock song to represent us. Something like We Could Be the Same would be brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winner of a UK song contest (like Melodifestivalen)
    When are they going to announce this for Pete's sake?
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other - please list
    Strange the British entry is always called the U.K when N.I does not participate but represents Ireland, perhaps it should be called the GB entry instead just like the Olympic games.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mackara wrote: »
    Strange the British entry is always called the U.K when N.I does not participate but represents Ireland, perhaps it should be called the GB entry instead just like the Olympic games.

I suppose it's because the BBC covers the entire UK region but it's certainly true that nearly all singers from Northern Ireland end up in the Irish selection (there are two such acts in this year's Irish Final).
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    Just someone young and current with a good image, class song and WHO CAN SING!!

Someone young who can sing? Hmm....... that's no one :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers
    Clodagh Rodgers was from Northern Ireland though at the time she was chosen because Eurovision was in Dublin that year, not sure if there is anyone else though.
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other - please list
    phill363 wrote: »
    Clodagh Rodgers was from Northern Ireland though at the time she was chosen because Eurovision was in Dublin that year, not sure if there is anyone else though.

There was Dana who won the contest for Ireland in 1970, she lived n N.I but was born in London so not sure of her nationality though she did later become an MEP for Ireland
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinitta
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dionne Bromfield
    ^ Sinitta competed to be the UK entry way back in 1984.

I'm trying to work out how that affects her age claims!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I suppose it's because the BBC covers the entire UK region but it's certainly true that nearly all singers from Northern Ireland end up in the Irish selection (there are two such acts in this year's Irish Final).

When is the Irish national final?
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers
    When is the Irish national final?

Next Friday :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hit me there how amazing Booty Luv would be for the UK! Can't believe no one has mentioned them either.
    Their latest song even sounds like a eurovision number.