Video: Sharon discusses return, only returning for one series?

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
Forum Member
One series seems to be the implication here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk3_8dPu-J0

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I posted this in the other thread. I do agree it looks like she just has one year in mind.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess cause it's the 10th yr she probably only wants to do it for that reason.
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could just be a matter of her contract states one year, so she is going by that, come next year she may sign another one year contract. Very rare judges sign a contract for more than one year. With the exception of Simon I suppose. I know Cheryl only signed to do one year in 2008, wasn't going to do the second them signed another one year contract after some persuasion and same happened in 2010.
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe she just wants to get away and to do something different considering the publiciz(s)ed issues she and ozzie have been having as well as her first season not judging anything (AGT). Not sure when XF tapes, but the Talk is due to go on summer hiatus soon, returning in Sept, which is typical for the US daytime talk shows.

Does her family still live in the UK ie. Kelly and Jack?
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet any money if her act wins or she's a huge ratings success simon will bump her pay check and she'll be back next year
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The contract is probably only for one year.

And everyone knows, you NEVER express interest beyond that time period before contract negotiations!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling Nicole will leave after this series, two season will be enough. This will create an opportunity for Cheryl and Dannii to return next year. If X Factor USA flops a third year running then the classic 2009/10 line up will be back. You see.

Sharon might be coming back just to please Simon and reunite with Louis, but I can't see her wanting to do it for a longer term. She just wants to get back on British telly again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I have a feeling Nicole will leave after this series, two season will be enough. This will create an opportunity for Cheryl and Dannii to return next year. If X Factor USA flops a third year running then the classic 2009/10 line up will be back. You see..

I really don't think Cheryl and Dannii will come back. I'd love it to happen but everyone knows that it just wouldn't work as well as it did back in 2008 - 2010. That panel should be left in the past. Bringing it back just means the show is taking a step backwards and it'll ruin the legacy that the four left on the show during the classic years.

Plus Dannii and Cheryl seem to have moved on anyway.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    I guess cause it's the 10th yr she probably only wants to do it for that reason.

She's wanted to return for a long time.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I really don't think Cheryl and Dannii will come back. I'd love it to happen but everyone knows that it just wouldn't work as well as it did back in 2008 - 2010. That panel should be left in the past. Bringing it back just means the show is taking a step backwards and it'll ruin the legacy that the four left on the show during the classic years.

Plus Dannii and Cheryl seem to have moved on anyway.

They tried to get Cheryl to return in 2011, Dannii last year and Sharon this year. Dannii won't come back, she pulled out at the eleventh hour and now shes on the Australian one anyway.

If Sharon did return next year and Nicole didn't, they probably would attempt to get Cheryl back and it could go either way. I wouldn't be surprised to see her back, but at the same time I could easily see her telling them where to go. But with Sharon on the panel it makes a replacement for the younger female judge much easier. When someone Nicole's age is on the panel, anyone younger is too young and inexperienced, whilst anyone much older is past it.

I do think Nicole will be back for as many years as they want her there. She always gets a good reaction from the public and seems to enjoy doing the show. Plus her solo career isn't particularly active other than occasional singles so it keeps her in the public eye. As I've said in another thread, I expect that the dynamics of this panel will be similar to the current BGT panel so I do think they'll attempt to keep hold of it for as long as possible if it works. The only change would be Gary replaced with Simon if X Factor USA is cancelled.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what do you expected? her and louis probably will be gone next year there both not getting any younger
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not a remote possibility of an act winning with Sharon Osbourne as mentor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what do you expected? her and louis probably will be gone next year there both not getting any younger

Bruce is still going on the other side.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruce is still going on the other side.

Yes but he is suited to the type of audience SCD wants.

Cowell's decision to bring back Osbourne somewhat goes against the audience ITV want for X-Factor
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Cowell's decision to bring back Osbourne somewhat goes against the audience ITV want for X-Factor

What is the audience that ITV want for X-Factor? I know people of all ages who watch it.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

X Factor has lost more older viewers than any other demographic over the last few years, so thats who they're trying to get back. The younger audience remains very robust and by far the leader of any show on TV.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    One series seems to be the implication here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk3_8dPu-J0

I have no idea why she's back , she will just pall up with Louie Walsh and they will just help each other get the ones through they want . They were a tag team when they last were together ..
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    I have no idea why she's back , she will just pall up with Louie Walsh and they will just help each other get the ones through they want . They were a tag team when they last were together ..

its to try and bring back the viewers who have switch over to SCD thats why
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you serious? You think ITV or the X Factor care how young or hip or intelligent or 'current' their audience is?

The only audience ITV want is a large audience.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet any money if her act wins or she's a huge ratings success simon will bump her pay check and she'll be back next year

So she won't be back next year, then. :p
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you serious? You think ITV or the X Factor care how young or hip or intelligent or 'current' their audience is?

The only audience ITV want is a large audience.

Quoted for truth. ITV only care about their ratings, it's just that they adapt their shows to the largest age group watching them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling Nicole will leave after this series, two season will be enough. This will create an opportunity for Cheryl and Dannii to return next year. If X Factor USA flops a third year running then the classic 2009/10 line up will be back. You see.

Sharon might be coming back just to please Simon and reunite with Louis, but I can't see her wanting to do it for a longer term. She just wants to get back on British telly again.

I think, if X Factor USA gets cancelled, Simon will move Demi onto the UK version.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon bores me I have to say. I shall try really hard not to watch this year (and no doubt fail since what else am I gonna do while I eat my egg and chips on a Saturday night?:confused:)
  • Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, simon asked her to do Bgt, so may e next year she will take Amanda's place on the panel