'Maleficent' - Tim Burton- Based on 'Sleeping Beauty'.

Comments

• Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    What about Tilda Swinton or Cate Blanchett?
  • ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meryl Streep would be amazing! :D
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • gagaaddictgagaaddict Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A BIG BIG Disney villains fan here....and a BIG fan of Maleficent!! :D Love "the mistress of all evil"!

I really HOPE this film is done justice, I think it will be, I can imagine it being really dark. I wonder if Disney will make it? (Or if it's like an "adult spin-off"). It's meant to be Maleficent's point of view, so i'm guessing the Queen and King did something VERY bad to p*ss poor Maleffy off :D (I always thought there was something shifty about them two!).

I'm guessing it will be before "Sleeping Beauty" then a few "SB" scenes recreated in the film (such as Aurora's death) and Maleffy's tragic end :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    No not Angelina. I want to see Tim Burton and Michelle Pfeiffer do this together.

yeah, i think she would be good in this part. they worked together in Big Fish, and Mr.B does like to reuse his actors!!!
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    March 2014.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't we have started getting teaser trailers for this by now??
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the type of role I am glad Angelina is doing. She hasn't done a decent film in quite a while (since Changelin and even before she hadn't done a decent one)
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Tim Burton is directing it now? I'm pretty sure I read it's another director.

It's been filmed already hasn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Tim Burton is directing it now? I'm pretty sure I read it's another director.

It's been filmed already hasn't it?

Yeah, he has no involvment. He is doing another film anyway with Amy Adams soon.

There were pictures late last year of Angelina filming it and she looked scary as the character. It freaked me out. I can't wait.
  • RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are only a couple of times when a director has pulled a decent performance out of Helena Bonham Carter - Fight Club and the recent Enid
    She is pretty lacklustre in every role she does, Mrs Lovett is a prime example of a weak performance throwing the balance of what could have been an excellent film off course.

She could never be described as a talented actress. The only talent she has is for getting the work not acting in it.

She did alot of her best work in the 1990s; Wings of the Dove, Margaret's Museum, Portrait Chinois (disappointed she didn't do more French movies), and of course Fight Club. She seemed to be really pushing herself back then, but since she got with Tim she's played it safe for the most part.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently a teaser trailer was shown at D23 Expo last week.

Here is what apparently happens, sounds really good though.
    Angelina Jolie appears in a totally dark forest, sitting in a chair and looking at us with an evil face and a slight smile on her face, as if saying: "you're so screwed, girl."

In the next seconds, we see the actress Elle Fanning, who plays Princess Aurora, completely scared in another corner of the forest.

Jolie appears with those huge and totally black horns, and when the camera gets close to the the actress' face, we hear her say: "well, well ...".

Angelina's mouth is red and very alive, contrasting with all the darkness surrounding the character. Her eyes are dark and she seems to be the personification of evil.
    At one point, Elle Fanning as Sleeping Beauty pricked her finger on the spinning needle and fell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems they have decided to reshoot the first 20 minutes as they felt the opening was too weak.

Its still on track for a summer release so we should get the first official teaser trailer once Frozen hits cinemas!
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's going to be a trailer tomorrow :)
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Looks interesting :)

Maleficent trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioEA5fWjvOE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This looks amazing

This will be such a great comeback for Angelina Jolie. She hasn't starred in a film since 2010's The Tourist and hasn't done a decent one since 2008's Changelin.

She's a brilliant actress, but let down by her choice in films.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god. It looks amazing but wtf is with Elle's accent? I know she is only a teenager but surely they screen tested it first? the Americans might not notice how bad it is but the Brits will. Its all everyone is talking about which is a shame.

No wonder Disney ordered half of it reshot. I hope the feedback on the accent makes them consider getting Elle back in to redo the audio over her parts again as well.

Angelina though WOW!! she was born to play this role. The cackle at the end :eek: :D
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Looks interesting :)

Maleficent trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioEA5fWjvOE

This YouTube comment has me laughing:
    "Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom—and perhaps to Maleficent's true happiness as well." I swear to god if this doesn't end up being a lesbian love story I will eat my hat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer is now unavailable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe all the negative comments on Elle's accent made them withdraw it! :eek: Poor girl but its worse than Dick Van Dyke. Its like half cockney, half posh, half brummie. Not very princess royal lol

Hopefully it will sound better in the film.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Trailer's okay here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=704EXbJ-b5k

I didn't have a problem with her voice. Sounds like a lot of young/child actors these days, i.e. like they've just finished at a very expensive drama school.

Angleina sounds good though - "Then you'll be afraid" - Mwahahahaha...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer's okay here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=704EXbJ-b5k

I didn't have a problem with her voice. Sounds like a lot of young/child actors these days, i.e. like they've just finished at a very expensive drama school.

Angleina sounds good though - "Then you'll be afraid" - Mwahahahaha...

Problems at my end I think. This link needed a page reload for some reason.

Anyhow, whoa that accent grates on the trailer.

Fairly off topic but I'm seeing Jolie as the lead female Sith Lord in Disney's Star Wars outings based on that trailer.

EDIT. Sith Lady doesn't work. :D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Angelina Jolie will be a good casting choice for this.